What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer fees and french union - should we use this more?

Thomas

First Grade
It seems the whole SBW saga has cost the Toulon RU club nothing. Anthony Mundine was apparently the one who footed the "transfer" fee.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24203946-2722,00.html

THE Bulldogs yesterday received an $850,000 settlement to close the chapter on the Sonny Bill Williams saga but they'll need every cent of it after their major sponsor cut ties with the club.

It emerged last night that boxer and good friend Anthony Mundine had footed the bill for Williams, claiming he had cleaned out some of his bank accounts to ensure the renegade star was free from the threat of legal action.

Toulon get off scot free. SBW gets to play RU. The Bulldogs get some cash.

Everyone wins? Right? Right? Hmmmm.... :crazy:

walker smith

Juniors
Th transfer system wasn't "scrapped".....it was challenged by Denis Tutty and ruled a restraint of trade by the Supreme Court!

So thay CANT have a transfer system....another great idea for rugby league ruined by the selfish desire of a bloke who wanted to change clubs - just like Terry Hill and the draft!

The french rugby clubs are not f**king idiots, you are not going to get hundreds of thousands of dolllars for brett firman or steel retchless for f**ks sake.

Jesus dally, you think that union clubs would just accept any old piece of sh*t player that nrl clubs no longer want ?

Also what is to stop ingliss or any other player retiring from league and signing with a union club without having to pay the transfer fee ?

600,000 for rooney.

id say dumb as f**k.

they are keen for nrl players, lets give them what they want.

a dud nrl player is still a cut above what the local competition can produce

Thomas

First Grade
I can't promise I'll do a good job.

Its the 1976 Cortina in stale semen colour, right?

I can't promise I'll do a good job.

Its the 1976 Cortina in stale semen colour, right?

i sold it.

i now drive a holden statesmen with a 350 under the bonnet (no im not a chauffer)

i also have a nice jeep wrangler convertible for summer.

i didnt know stale semen was a colour.

ill look more closely next time to see what that looks like :BDH:

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I wonder what wonderful sport introduced transfer fees :roll:

On a more serious note, we could use them in RL but not in RL/RU deals

Brookie

Juniors
i sold it.

i now drive a holden statesmen with a 350 under the bonnet (no im not a chauffer)

i also have a nice jeep wrangler convertible for summer.

i didnt know stale semen was a colour.

ill look more closely next time to see what that looks like :BDH:

from ford to holden...

you're going backwards!

Latest posts