What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transferring outlook data

JoeD

First Grade
I'm in the process of trying to get rid of one computer and am therefore transferring stuff i want to keep onto a newer one. Most stuff is easy however I have run into a problem with my outlook files. I gather all info (contacts, saved emails, etc are saved in a file called outlook.pst. Is there a way of combing the outlook.pst from my old computer with the one on my new computer without losing either?

When you import it, you append.

Go out of your way and make sure the folders have a different name ie "inbox_NewPC"

MIA

Juniors
You could export your folders from outlook on the old computer and import them onto the new one.

jed

First Grade
I've got a similar problem, my old Outlook Express files won't import onto my new PC, running with Outlook (not Express), unfortunately my old PC blew up, so I can't export them from Express. Is there a way that they can be imported (I still haven't set up mail on the new computer), or should I try to find a copy of Express around somewhere, I've manually installed the folders before using that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You should be able to bring over the .pst file from the old computer, and have it in the list as "Archive Folders". If you're hell bent on merging them then do it manually I suppose. Just ensure the old Outlook.pst file from the old comp is renamed when copied to the new computer.

:D