What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travis Waddell

ozbash

Referee
TRAVIS Waddell’s brief stint with the Newcastle Knights appears to be over after he attracted an offer from the New Zealand Warriors.

Waddell, who was released by Canberra at the end of last season, signed with Brisbane club Souths Logan but has been training with the Knights and played in their trial match against South Sydney last week.
Newcastle had proposed using the Aboriginal All Stars hooker as a stopgap, training with them once a month and coming into contention for a call-up if there was an injury crisis. But in the meantime the Warriors have shown concrete interest.
‘‘He’s got an offer to go to the Warriors,’’ Knights coach Wayne Bennett said yesterday.
‘‘That’s probably where he’ll finish up. I’m not totally sure. That’s a decision he’s got to make. He’s in the process now, I think.
‘‘We just haven’t moved our position. There’s not any bargaining going on, or a tussle for him.’’
Bennett was confident the Knights had ample depth to cover dummy-half, even with veteran Danny Buderus expected to miss the opening rounds of the season after recent back surgery.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1320829/warriors-bid-for-waddell/?cs=12

Mr Horse

Juniors
I am not sold on Travis but anything to boost our squad in light of recent injuries. Good news and if it happens welcome T.Waddell.

Iafeta

Referee
Don't rate him at all. Hope he's not signed TBH. I'd hate to see Mara or Godinet miss football for this fellow.

Rich102

Staff member
I thought Godinet had a good game in Dunedin. Made a difference when he came on. Deserves a chance.

One Warrior

Bench
I'm pretty sure Godinet will have to be starting half now with all our halves injuries, we had Friend, Mara & Sjeika (spelling?) out already, now we have Tuiamavave broken hand and Johnson dislocated elbow, not sure on recovery time is for this, varies according to internet, not good anyway. We are getting to a case of last man standing in the halves.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
It wouldn't have been the first time that we've picked a hooker, out of obscurity.

Much like I did on Saturday night.

Latest posts