What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett and the Bulldogs

Dogs Of War

Coach
100% Footy at 10.30pm. Should be a fun episode :D

NRL360 where Buzz goes off on another Gus tirade while Kent calls him a goose will be fun to watch.

Not sure Gus will say much really other than a cursory acknowledgement. He plays his cards pretty close to his chest.

Fangs

Coach
NRL360 where Buzz goes off on another Gus tirade while Kent calls him a goose will be fun to watch.

Not sure Gus will say much really other than a cursory acknowledgement. He plays his cards pretty close to his chest.

From memory he didn't join the panel when Griffin got punted. He did a live cross.

I'd like to see him front this one.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
It will be interesting to see who they get. I think any experienced coach will stay away and its too toxic and having Gould there really makes it very unappealing.
Maybe Flanagan thinks he can do a Cleary/Cleary thing, problem is his kid is crap and I not convinced he is as big a knob as Cleary snr.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
The bloke is a f**king wanker but he has nothing to prove to anyone
The only thing he does well now is duck for cover when the S#$% hits the fan and takes the credit when it works.
I think its time he put his hand up, everything he has done is a long time in the past. Time to stop resting on his laurels and his self inflated ego and put his money where his mouth is and prove he is relevant today

yeah NRL360 will be fun tonight
Whole episode will be about Twenty...probs gonna be an extended two hour episode
Journos will be frothing at the mouth

Smug Panther

First Grade
The only thing he does well now is duck for cover when the S#$% hits the fan and takes the credit when it works.
I think its time he put his hand up, everything he has done is a long time in the past. Time to stop resting on his laurels and his self inflated ego and put his money where his mouth is and prove he is relevant today
Panthers winning the comp was on the back of his work. Yes he probably stayed a few years too long but we'd still be fighting for spoons without him

Seriously though, if gus can rile them for 1 game then get his man, why not be the full time coach? Actually prove he has what it takes. Be the saviour of the club and help bring back the glory days. Or could it be possible he’s just an absolute cat?

When Gus resigned as Roosters coach at the end of 1999 season, I saw him after the official proceedings at the Roosters end of season awards night. He was an emotional wreck. I think the combination of stress and pressure had gotten to him. When he came back as Director of Coaching in 2002 he said whilst he would do some work with the junior grades, he did not want that full time pressure and stress of first grade coaching again. Hence I doubt he will do it as he has stuck to his guns on the matter since.

Further being Director of Football means he does not have to give up his media work either, so for him it is less stressful and more financially secure.

RedVee_8

Juniors
9f510ba85d24147bccdfec40b1a78bdaf82f0f4b

So what is to become of all the Trent Barrett memes?

Is he face slapping himself ?

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Panthers winning the comp was on the back of his work. Yes he probably stayed a few years too long but we'd still be fighting for spoons without him
See I think, and I could be wrong, there are a few other people that deserve the credit for that than Gould does.
You also have to look at the junior reps (up until this year) where Penrith went from the form setters to not that great for a couple of years