What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett and the Bulldogs

Bazal

Post Whore
So if he did in fact quit as is being reported, he is not entitled to a payout right?

Considering he will never get another first grade head coaching gig, I'd have thought he'd be hanging on for grim life to make the most of the $$'s he would have been on....

I reckon they cut him a deal. They probably told him they'd give him a payout if he agreed to say that it was his decision to quit.That way it doesn't make the board/Gus look so ruthless, and he still gets some compensation....
These kinds of contracts are funny, but quitting wouldn't necessarily mean he gets no pay out. It will depend on the clauses in the contract.

It could also have been a case of T-Baz saying "hey I'll walk if you pay the rest of this year" or whatever and the parties can agree to a stipulation like that between themselves

Panfas

Juniors
Up to round 9, There are 140 NRL(NSWRL) coaches with at least 50 games coached. of those, Trent Barrett ranks 128th with a win percentage of 31.8%. Behind the likes of Dean Pay (126th, 33.3%), Stephen Kearney (121st, 35.5%), Nathan Brown (102nd, 41.6%), John Cartwright (83rd, 45.7%), Ivan Henjak (49th, 52.9%) & Shane Flanagan (42nd, 55.1%)

Even worse, there have been 76 coaches with at least 100 games coached, with Trent Barrett having coached 107 games. He ranks 75th with only Ron Hilditch behind him at 29.8%

Bazal

Post Whore
Up to round 9, There are 140 NRL(NSWRL) coaches with at least 50 games coached. of those, Trent Barrett ranks 128th with a win percentage of 31.8%. Behind the likes of Dean Pay (126th, 33.3%), Stephen Kearney (121st, 35.5%), Nathan Brown (102nd, 41.6%), John Cartwright (83rd, 45.7%), Ivan Henjak (49th, 52.9%) & Shane Flanagan (42nd, 55.1%)

Even worse, there have been 76 coaches with at least 100 games coached, with Trent Barrett having coached 107 games. He ranks 75th with only Ron Hilditch behind him at 29.8%

#justicefortrent

He deserves a chance at last place!

soc123_au

Staff member
overloaded-truck-with-furniture-2BNDGET.jpg

Dogs Of War

Coach
Drug cheating or cap cheating? take your pick for success lol

I've stolen this cause it's better written than anything I put together.

"Danks sucked in a lot people, in a lot of different sports, many far more experienced than SFlanagan was back then and he has learned a lot in the subsequent 11 years. I am sure you are aware, but others may not, some peptides are OK, approved for use by the ASDA and WADA. Peptides are also a common ingredient in many cosmetics. When a sports scientist says "my peptides are legal" and are used by teams such as Manly, Souths, Tigers, Penrith and St George as well as Essendon in the AFL. Yes, SFlanagan amongst many others was found guilty and he has served his time.

On the "coaching while suspended", there was conflicting legal advice that said coaching did not include talking to players about coaching them when his ban was over. The legal advise was based on the differentiation between "recruitment managers" (unpaid) and "coaches". The bottom line is that some clubs complained about him talking to their players and the NRL didn't like that he was recruiting players for the subsequent season, when he actually was allowed to coach. We can sit on whatever side of that legal argument we want, but in the end we know the result. It's not as black and white as some journalists would have us believe."

As for the salary cap stuff. the amount they went over, a lot of clubs have and got slaps on the wrist for it for those amounts. Really it's only the Warriors who have been punished through losing points the following season. Not including the Dogs and Storm who did it deliberately.

Floodwaters

Juniors
I said this 18 months ago when he was hired, he couldn't handle the pressure of losing at Manly so why would a side thats bound to lose alot of games hire him.

Floodwaters

Juniors
Who's on the open market that's established and proven?

Knowing the dogs being the dogs they'll name Paul Green as the next coach LMAO.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Seriously though, if gus can rile them for 1 game then get his man, why not be the full time coach? Actually prove he has what it takes. Be the saviour of the club and help bring back the glory days. Or could it be possible he’s just an absolute cat?

Smug Panther

First Grade
Seriously though, if gus can rile them for 1 game then get his man, why not be the full time coach? Actually prove he has what it takes. Be the saviour of the club and help bring back the glory days. Or could it be possible he’s just an absolute cat?
The bloke is a f**king wanker but he has nothing to prove to anyone