What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Merrin

Dragon David

First Grade
This is a typical Mary buy because HE CAN NOT PRODUCE OR DEVELOP PLAYERS. He was hoping Merrin would be able to follow Mary’s systems?? Go figure !!
Like all rejects, they are just not up to it. The Dragons have too many of these and the results are plain to see. The club has not and I repeat, the club has not developed our juniors properly and therefore it is much easier to source also rans and maybes to compliment the numbers of other also rans and maybes in the team. We simply do not have the cattle to take the game by the scruff of the neck (not meaning head high tackles) and show the other teams they mean business for 80+ minutes of a game.

Get rid of those already rejected players and has beens and get some worthwhile cattle who are prepared to play in the Red V and not just to say thank you for all the money you pay me to go through the motions.

Dragon David

First Grade
Someone with intelligence to guide the players would be a great help
We need a champion team consisting of die hard Dragons believers. Intelligent playmakers directing moves and strong off loaders are needed to keep play in motion leading to exciting tries. Also a coach who has abilities to produce effective game plans and the knowledge to get the best out of the players and be steadfastly firm with his directions. Good use of the bench is essential.

These things are what the Board should be seeking to employ.

possm

Coach
We need a champion team consisting of die hard Dragons believers. Intelligent playmakers directing moves and strong off loaders are needed to keep play in motion leading to exciting tries. Also a coach who has abilities to produce effective game plans and the knowledge to get the best out of the players and be steadfastly firm with his directions. Good use of the bench is essential.

These things are what the Board should be seeking to employ.
What the club urgently needs right now is a head coach - Flanagan will do and smat recruitment manager, list and retention manager and pathways manager. So see you later Mary and Millward, hello professional staff working direct to Flanagan.

getsmarty

Immortal

Maddragon99

Juniors
This was why Hook had him in the starting team for Lawrie last week.

Good on him he’s literally done it all just a shame we didn’t get one last win for him on Sunday.

With Moose now with us Trent can step away knowing he hasn’t left us in the lurch.

Not many players go out of their own terms, in effect he’s done us a favour freeing up more cap space.

Dragon David

First Grade
Wow! This is a bit of a shock. Not even a ripple of a rumour to indicate this.
He is a legend of the club and will be remembered for his great contribution with his leadership and massive good qualities and not only for this club but when he played for the Panthers and Leeds Rhinos.

Good luck in your future endeavours Trent and take good care of your family. All the best and thanks for helping us win the grand final in 2010.

kit66

Bench
I've always liked Trent, he always does his best for his team mates and club. This is a bit of a shock and I'm not sure the timing is good for us given our lack of forward depth but it's his decision and I wish him all the best.
I wonder if he's partly doing this for the team so we can sign someone else ? Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Good luck Trent and thanks for all your hard work.

Latest posts