What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tri Nations Marketing

knights 2004

Juniors
The ARL better market the hell out of this if they expect to get anywhere near filling telstra stadium.

im talking tv ads with sonny bill putting hits on for NZ, benji doing that chip and chase in the ANZAC test. sonny bill making a line break thru australian defence.

these are the sorts of things that get people interested.

The ARL better get off their ass and do something for once in their life!!!!!

southsman

Juniors
I agree... I want to see 50 -60 thousand out there at least. Would love to see a full house but I highly doubt it.

knights 2004

Juniors
sonny bill and benji are rediculously marketable, the ARL need to wake up and take advantage of it come tri nations time

griff

Bench
Certainly Sonny Bill and Benji need to be visible in the marketing of the test.

But the stuff happening under the radar is just as important, if not more important. Every junior player within 3 hours drive should get a personalised letter and brochure from a star Kangaroo inviting them to the game. If you have been to an Origin, test or finals match in Sydney in the last 3 years you should get a letter. If you a season ticket holder at a NSW club you should get a letter from one of the rep players from your club.

Sun_Down

Juniors
griff is right about distribution of letters.

In my view, Sonny=Success.

As long as Sonny is there and the ARL does their bit, I can expect a good crowd.

dimitri

First Grade
they are on the right track with the Junior and GF Ticket packages

But they will definitely need a series of tv ads

Jeffles

Bench
The newspaper ads promoting the ticket deal have been impressive. But TV and radio ads backing these up would be good as well.

The ad campaigns needn't be excessive. Ads on Ch Nein and 2GB during NRL broadcasts would target your market. I'd put ads on an FM station as well -Triple M for the young male demographic during the Deadset Legends. Once a week for six weeks. That's cheap. Don't worry about ads every day.

TinghaInMotion

Juniors
Its the ARL and Geoff Carr. Nothing will happen as usual.

Having said that i hope they do something. If they put in half the effort of our LU member Diehard then we might get a good crowd.

Look.....ask youself when was the last time you saw an Ad for the NRL?

I think they showed them for about a week in March.

An ad for the State Of Origin.....Ive lived in Sydney all of my life and never seen one.

This is the reality of Rugby League. Thats why when people toss up ideas of packed crowds and people flocking to the game.....you have to stand back and look at the full picture. Most people will hardly even know the World Cup is on.

carlnz

Bench
Why promote Sonny and Benji when they have a good chance of been told they are not allowed to play??

Sun_Down

Juniors
carlnz said:
Why promote Sonny and Benji when they have a good chance of been told they are not allowed to play??

Of course, but, if they do indeed play, Sonny should have a big role in promotion.

Also Carl, whats the latest with NZ standing up against the clubs?

carlnz

Bench
who knows, but i can tell you this....

Bulldogs DID say over the phone that Sonny and Matty will not being playing in the Tri Nations - which their is a tape recording of. And im guessing Benji will not be playing.

Moffo

Referee
i dont like our chances. Rugby League and Marketing cannot be used in the same sentence

Jono078

Referee
Just on Tri Nations marketing, does anyone know when shops will start selling the Aus Jerseys ?

Latest posts