What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial 1 V Sharks **Team**

The Colonel

Immortal
He's picked seven that have played first grade..... and probably quite a few who will. More than happy to watch this side.

cardinal

Juniors
Phillips said:
geez Hagan, dont pick too many first graders

dickhead :roll:

Yeah pick first graders for all three trials and get a heap of injuries, real smart. It is a great side plenty of young blokes and some guys that will need some games for fitness such as Riddell, Cannings and Fa'aoso

Phillips

Referee
cardinal said:
Yeah pick first graders for all three trials and get a heap of injuries, real smart. It is a great side plenty of young blokes and some guys that will need some games for fitness such as Riddell, Cannings and Fa'aoso

im sorry, how many eels games do you attent a yr?

for people in the country who dont get to see there favourite players play, this is a kick in the face

im still looking forward to see them play, but i dont see what harm it would have done to put a few more well known first graders on the bench

The Colonel

Immortal
Prodigal Eel said:
They will find it difficult to get in the 1st grade squad at the start of the season....but with injuries and form they will come into contention.

I think you might find they are closer than you think...... a good showing in the trials could push their cause.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
I think you might find they are closer than you think...... a good showing in the trials could push their cause

Well you got Robinson, I Hindmarsh, Fa'osoa, Cannings, Tsolous, Mateo, Cordoba, Wagon and Lowrie competing for 5 positions (12, 13, 15, 16, 17)...who logically are first choice. The only way them two will start the season is if they are ausome trial form and the above perform horribly.

cardinal

Juniors
Phillips said:
im sorry, how many eels games do you attent a yr?

for people in the country who dont get to see there favourite players play, this is a kick in the face

im still looking forward to see them play, but i dont see what harm it would have done to put a few more well known first graders on the bench

One a year I live in Melbourne, How about some praise for the Eels for taking 3 trials to the bush, one of the games was always going to be down on first graders. It is early in the year for the new coach to be called a dickhead, just for giving some of the best young talent in the game a run. This is the game I would like to see the most Inu, Mateo, Green, Lett, Fa'aoso, Hauraki and Dave Williams, mate that is some young talent and I guarantee one or more will go on and be a superstar and you can say you saw them in a trial, think yourself lucky, I would kill to see a game at the moment.

yy_cheng

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Reddy in the centres is interesting because Lett is a proper centre and he's at fullback. Maybe a permanent move for him?

Also, would Riddell there just so there is a senior player or is his spot being looked at?

According to the article about Reddy a few weeks back, his best chance at playing 1st grade is in the centres.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
Hey with that, I can't bring up my own chair, do you have a spare one for me?

sure mate, we aim to please

make sure you ring me the week before the game, and we'll organize a time to meet

I'm playing cricket but I'll be leaving early

Avenger

Immortal
Interesting to see Blake at 7. I hope the day comes when he becomes our permanent number 7.

Sorry Timmy.

parra pete

Referee
Avenger said:
Interesting to see Blake at 7. I hope the day comes when he becomes our permanent number 7.

Sorry Timmy.

Shame on you....*Waits for the flaying*
Don't you realise Tim is a Koala Bear????

parra pete

Referee
I have some good mates in Parkes.
Jess, are you aware if Jim Faulkner is still alive and in Parkes.
Jim was assistant Secretary of CRL before the late Garry Tiernan.
He is a great bloke and one very good sports administrator......

TheGodFather

Juniors
Very interesting the Reddy/Lett change. I was assuming Reddy would cruise into the custodian role this year in top grade.

And also Cannings, very interested to see how he goes after long stints on sideline.

Why Piggy getting a run? Fitness?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
parra pete said:
I have some good mates in Parkes.
Jess, are you aware if Jim Faulkner is still alive and in Parkes.
Jim was assistant Secretary of CRL before the late Garry Tiernan.
He is a great bloke and one very good sports administrator......

as far as i am aware Jim Fawkner is still around.
I know that both CRL's General Manager and Operations Manager have been invited down to this trial... so im spewin' that i decided not to go now! :lol:

bartman

Immortal
It's a youngish team, but seems a good team that will all be keen to perform. That's what trials are for.

(That and for the older/bigger guys to lose a few kilos before season kickoff.)

Latest posts