What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial at Gosford

bluebag43

Juniors
HPH, I can't make the Gosford game. But I am going to the trial at Henson on Sunday. Maybe I will see you there.

I can't make it on Sunday BB43 but I'm sure that we'll be able to catch up soon to discuss the supporters club that I want to set up.

bluebag43

Juniors
No worries HPH we will catch up soon. If you do go to Gosford maybe you can give us a brief match report.

hrundi99

First Grade
44-22 Jets over the Eagles.

The Jets were all over them but they put the cue in the rack in the last quarter and let in 2 consolation tries.

The team list was:
1. Aiden Kirk
2. Pierce Sapsford
3. Lelea Paea (scored a hat trick!)
4. David Pangai
5. Vince Mellars (didn't play...)
6. Anton Levin
7. Josh Lewis (good kicker)
8. Charles Tonga (big unit, tackled and hit up hard)
9. Heath L'Estrange
10. Glenn Hall
11. Grant Millington (a former co-worker of mine...had a good game)
12. Frank Winterstein
13. Setiamata Sa (strong game, looked very dangerous)

14. Rimini Reweti
15. Lafi Manu
16. Mickey Paea
17. David Vial
18. Anthony Watts
19. Daniel Dumas

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Angel Bear said:
Josh Lewis, is this the kid who played for the Bears in 2004 and went over to Manly for the 2005 season.

He was at the Dragons last year, playing 5/8 in their premiership winning Flegg team.

girvie

Staff member
Angel Bear said:
Josh Lewis, is this the kid who played for the Bears in 2004 and went over to Manly for the 2005 season.
A different Josh Lewis.

Nikki

Coach
Was a good game, I quite enjoyed it. Got some pic (albeit, mainly of Heath) if anyone wants them posted anywhere

2 True Blues

Coach
I have been up Queensland too long. Thought they were supposed to play the Berries at Henson on Saturday at 5pm

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah it was sure tough kickin back on the beach at Byron Bay then doing the same thing at Noosa Heads in the second week. Noosa sure is a great place to be this time of year, but looking forward to being back at Henson real soon.

Hey what was the score in the Berries game anyway. I checked the website yesterday and don't know if I am still sufferin from sunstroke but did not see a match report on the game, only found the Manly result.

hrundi99

First Grade
2 True Blues said:
Yeah it was sure tough kickin back on the beach at Byron Bay then doing the same thing at Noosa Heads in the second week. Noosa sure is a great place to be this time of year, but looking forward to being back at Henson real soon.

Hey what was the score in the Berries game anyway. I checked the website yesterday and don't know if I am still sufferin from sunstroke but did not see a match report on the game, only found the Manly result.

It's at the end of the Manly result.

"The Jets Jim Beam Cup squad took on a strong Bulldog side at Henson Park on Sunday afternoon and although well beaten by 28-10 would take plenty of heart from their performance. Coach Greg Matterson reports that this was a quite satisfactory trial, and that it allowed him to assess some of the fringe members of the Jim Beam Cup trial squad playing under real pressure from a Bulldogs team that included several Premier League regulars."

2 True Blues

Coach
Thanks mate. Ok. So it was actually the Jim Beam side that lost the the Berries. Well thats not too bad at all if Canterbury fielded a good Prem/league side. Losing by three converted tries to a Prem/league side is acceptable. Canterbury should be worried about the 10 points that they conceded to a J/B team. Who were the Jets try scorers Hyrundi. Did the jets actually field the core of what will be there 2006 J/Beam side, or did they mainly let triallists have a run. Who were the standout players for the Jets.

Jeffles

Bench
John Berkeley scored both tries from memory.

Canterbury had a stronger team on paper than Newtown. Though both sides fielded triallists, the Bulldogs had PL players in their side.