What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRIAL: Bulldogs 14-16 Dragons - Sat 20 Feb @ Wollongong

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
NRL TEAM SHEET
1. LUKE PATTEN
2. STEVE TURNER
3. JOSH MORRIS
4. JAMAL IDRIS
5. BRYSON GOODWIN
6. BEN ROBERTS
7. BRETT KIMMORLEY
8. BEN HANNANT
9. MICHAEL ENNIS
10. MICHAEL HODGSON
11. DENE HALATAU
12. ANDREW RYAN
13. DAVID STAGG
Interchange:

14. MICKEY PAEA
15. GARY WARBURTON
16. BEN BARBA
17. YILEEN GORDON
19. COREY PAYNE
20. JARRAD HICKEY
21. BLAKE GREEN
22. JUNIOR TIA KILIFI

Coach - KEVIN MOORE

TOYOTA CUP TEAM SHEET
1. NATHAN MASSEY
2. CRUISE IOSEFA
3. PAO PELE
4. NEHE MILNER-SKUDDER
5. EDDIE TAUTALI
14. SHANE PUMIPI
7. JOSH KENT
8. JUDAH LAVULO
9. LIONEL O’MALLY
10. SAM KASIANO
11. PAKISONASI AFU
12. JOSH JACKSON
13. DALE FINUCANE
Interchange:

6. AIDEN SEZER
15. RATU TAGIVE
16. LACHLAN BURR
17. LOPETI TIMANI
19. DEAN MCGLINCHEY
20. STEVE TAAKIMOEAKA
21. LAZARUS MULU
22. ARTHUR BROWN

Coach - ANDREW PATMORE

NSW CUP TEAM SHEET
1 NICK TAYLOR
2 HEKA NANAI
3 TIM WINITANA
4 DANIEL RAUICAVA
5 KOSE LEI LEI
6 TRENT CUTLER
7 JOSH REYNOLDS
8 TIM BROWNE
9 NATHAN SMITH
10 DANNY WILLIAMS
11 JAKE FOSTER
19 BRAD MORRIN
13 LEE TE MAARI
Interchange:

14 NATHAN BENNEY
15 HARLAN ALAALATOA
16 CONRAD TAAKIMOEAKA
17 MARTIN TAUPAU
20 NATHAN DIB
21 BENSON TUPOU
22 BRENT BETTIE

Coach - JUSTIN HOLBROOK

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
What a strong set of teams, especially FG. It's full strength to the brim. I'm praying for no injuries.

But I'm surprised to see guys like Browne, Williams and Te Maari left out of the FG trial.

Also, apparently Rauicava was last years Player of the Year for the Sharks. So it'll be interesting to see how he goes in NSW Cup.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
If you had actually watched the game you would have known that we were getting run ragged for alot of that game, including the first half.

Honestly I thought that we were fortunate to be going in ahead at the half.

I did actually see the game in the flesh.

So, because you were getting run ragged, thats not counted as a choke? Even when you won more games through the year than every other team, were playing the 8th placed team on your home ground in a preliminary final and led them at half time? And this is after you had the week off!!

:lol:

Oh, thats right, your winger got taken out of the game illegally and thats why you lost.

:lol::lol:

Ridders

Coach
Was at the game as well.

No I didn't think it was a choke. A choke is what we did when we were up 20-6 at halftime in the Prelim Final against the Broncos in 2006. Dominated the first half but disintegrated in the 2nd half.

Even though we led at half-time against the Eels, I didn't necessarily think we had out-played them.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Was at the game as well.

No I didn't think it was a choke. A choke is what we did when we were up 20-6 at halftime in the Prelim Final against the Broncos in 2006. Dominated the first half but disintegrated in the 2nd half.

Even though we led at half-time against the Eels, I didn't necessarily think we had out-played them.
I wouldn't consider that a choke (ok hear me out please people)...

• So we had a comfortable lead? 14 points isn't that much of a lead in rugby league these days. All it would take is 1 try in the 2nd half to reduce the deficit to 8 - easily ground teams can make up
  • They had an entire 2nd half to score the 14 points required. Team commonly score more than 14 points in 1 half
  • We had 3 injuries. Our bench was a 1 man rotating bench
  • The Bulldogs had no mementum coming towards the end of the first half - I saw us losing the game even though the score at that stage was still 20-6.

Ridders

Coach
I wouldn't consider that a choke (ok hear me out please people)...

• So we had a comfortable lead? 14 points isn't that much of a lead in rugby league these days. All it would take is 1 try in the 2nd half to reduce the deficit to 8 - easily ground teams can make up
  • They had an entire 2nd half to score the 14 points required. Team commonly score more than 14 points in 1 half
  • We had 3 injuries. Our bench was a 1 man rotating bench
  • The Bulldogs had no mementum coming towards the end of the first half - I saw us losing the game even though the score at that stage was still 20-6.

14 points is more than two converted tries. Thats a nice lead. The worst part about it was that we didn't even trouble the scorers in the 2nd half.

But it wasn't just the scoreline. We absolutely dominated the Broncos in the first half. Sure they had a whole half to make up the 14 points, we also had a whole half to score and we failed. I genuinly thought we were going to the GF. I've always said that Holdsworth getting hurt was a significant factor in our demise as we looked completely lost in the 2nd half and that was the season when he was playing pretty good football. Still think it's a choke.

You saw us losing the game when we were up 20-6 at halftime and playing great football? Your alot smarter than I am.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
You guys have named a pretty strong team. We'll most likely be at full strength as well. Brett Morris is probably the only concern and maybe Dean Young.

Bulldog Force

Referee
14 points is more than two converted tries. Thats a nice lead. The worst part about it was that we didn't even trouble the scorers in the 2nd half.

But it wasn't just the scoreline. We absolutely dominated the Broncos in the first half. Sure they had a whole half to make up the 14 points, we also had a whole half to score and we failed. I genuinly thought we were going to the GF. I've always said that Holdsworth getting hurt was a significant factor in our demise as we looked completely lost in the 2nd half and that was the season when he was playing pretty good football. Still think it's a choke.

You saw us losing the game when we were up 20-6 at halftime and playing great football? Your alot smarter than I am.
Mate we dominated the first 25 or so minutes then dropped off. I knew Bennett would blast the Broncos at halftime and fire them up. As soon as Brisbane scored that try 2-3 minutes in, I knew we were gone!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs 4 Life - just a note to let you know I merged your team sheets thread into this one - no point having two threads for discussion.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
mergey merge merge merge merge?

Think of this thread as St George, and the one I merged one as Illawarra. ;-)

Gaba

First Grade
or canterbury merged with bankstown :D
the dragons are a joint venture not a merger

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
LOL!!

That's cool Timmah, sorry I didn't see this thread and thought the teams where simply forgotten to be put up.

Shame about Chris Armit, too. He won't be back until Round 3.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
or canterbury merged with bankstown :D
the dragons are a joint venture not a merger

f**k me dead Gaba. Don't talk if you don't know what you're saying.

On the plus side, you make me look smart, so keep on going.

Saints made a business decision in 98 & I believe it was a good one and history will ultimately prove that. We gave up the candy cane socks & in return got the South Coast. We also kept our jumper & with it, the links to our history.

It was good business. A stronger, dominant partner taking over the assets of the junior. The taunts have zero effect on me. Its just good banter. If they didn't hate us, the game would be f**king as dull as your brain Gaba.