What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial games

Dazzat

First Grade
There mere fact that Maranta is still in the team tells me that Griffin can't make the big decisions. Now that Vidot and Mills are on deck, Maranta should not be anywhere near this team.

Sorry, but Griffin is not the coach for our team if he continually reward mediocrity.

man2iel_

Juniors
Can someone shed light on Vidot? Was he injured which is why he wasn't given a look in for this trial game?

Madrooster

Juniors
Did MK play? Forwards got belted. That should be your strenght. Parker in 10? Vidot has to be injured he is better than majority of that back line today, Reid included. LOL at Hunt.

Dazzat

First Grade
There are two aspects of a halfback's play. First he creates, and secondly the team creates for the halfback.

It was apparent that the team is NOT YET rallying around Hunt. The chase on his kicks was pathetic. He still doesn't have the confidence of the team in my opinion. This will be the job of Parker and Thaiday to encourage the team the support Hunt.

The other issue is that without a recognised No. 6 EVERY major play went to Hunt, leaving Auckland with no guess work. They knew exactly where the ball was going at No. 5 tackle.

Griffin will only succeeds if he DOESN'T ease the No. 6 into the role (whoever they are), but gives them FULL creative licence. There's no time for easing into first grade for either Strasser or Nikorima.

My last point - if Griffin remains blind to the weaknesses of his pet players (Maranta, Glenn) it won't end well.

Nerd

Bench
Isn't this 2014? Why was Maranta out there today?

It's not Marantas fault that they lost today or that he's a dud but is it Griffins fault that he was out there.

Hope the Broncos still have Kevin Walters phone number somewhere!

Dazzat

First Grade
Isn't this 2014? Why was Maranta out there today?

It's not Marantas fault that they lost today or that he's a dud but is it Griffins fault that he was out there.

Hope the Broncos still have Kevin Walters phone number somewhere!

I actually thought Maranta showed improvement today - which means he still shouldn't be anywhere near the team.:crazy:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I actually thought Maranta showed improvement today - which means he still shouldn't be anywhere near the team.:crazy:

Haha, yeah.

Maranta was nowhere near the worst Bronco today, which is probably the biggest concern.

Wow the Warriors were on fire though.

Snappy

Coach
was our team near full strength ? Not expecting much this year but after that result seems we are in for an extra lean year

Dazzat

First Grade
Two superstars out - Barba and Hodges. So some improvement possible.

Big concern is attitude in defence.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
was our team near full strength ? Not expecting much this year but after that result seems we are in for an extra lean year

Worst part was probably that the Warriors started taking some of their key players off and we continued to get rolled :(

Boy

Juniors
I am not sure why you insinuate Johnny Manziel isn't a decent human being. Each to their own though. I am interested and support the player who represents the mighty TAMU! Jump on the bandwagon, it's going to be one hell of a ride over the next 10-15 years :cool:

he is cocky little bastard
and i get that to be great you have to believe your great
but damn man you havn't thrown 1 NFL pass ease up a bit.

that and i wish everyone would stop talking like hes the best thing ever and so often serious every story looks like this
"johnny football scratched his nose does this mean there will be 6 more weeks of winter"

but i much rather Bortles

you watching the combine ???

man2iel_

Juniors
he is cocky little bastard
and i get that to be great you have to believe your great
but damn man you havn't thrown 1 NFL pass ease up a bit.

that and i wish everyone would stop talking like hes the best thing ever and so often serious every story looks like this
"johnny football scratched his nose does this mean there will be 6 more weeks of winter"

but i much rather Bortles

you watching the combine ???

I think the air of entitlement that he oozes is a little annoying - I agree - though if you had the two seasons he just had in college football, I'd forgive you for being that confident.

Re: the USA media, it's happened since Jesus was a boy when it comes to their athletes. I was living in the USA (00-04) and there was this kid in High School who was getting his games on Prime Time, you may have heard of him: LeBron James? You will never see anything like that again and he has more than lived up to the hype. :p

Bortles is the safer pick and he will do well in the NFL.

The NFL forum has some discussion, pop on over pal so we don't hijack this thread ;-)

AceAv

Juniors
Did you know every NFL game has on average just 12 minutes of actual game time?

I agree it's decent sport, but f**k sitting through that snore fest, it's hard enough to watch a 2 minute scrum...

Anyways back to the Bronx: have to admit they sapped their energy on defense and there wasn't much enthusiasm to grind back into the game. Warriors really were on fire and getting all the momentum.

I agree that it's going to come down to our wingers and halves performing this year if we want to find points. Happy to run Copley and Hoffman at wing

Ph1l

Juniors
Broncs v Warriors. Great defence, good attacking decisions, newbies look promising, admirable ball control, experienced coach. The Broncs, however, are in for another long year.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
There are two aspects of a halfback's play. First he creates, and secondly the team creates for the halfback.

It was apparent that the team is NOT YET rallying around Hunt. The chase on his kicks was pathetic. He still doesn't have the confidence of the team in my opinion. This will be the job of Parker and Thaiday to encourage the team the support Hunt.

The other issue is that without a recognised No. 6 EVERY major play went to Hunt, leaving Auckland with no guess work. They knew exactly where the ball was going at No. 5 tackle.

Griffin will only succeeds if he DOESN'T ease the No. 6 into the role (whoever they are), but gives them FULL creative licence. There's no time for easing into first grade for either Strasser or Nikorima.

Your joking aren't ya? Hunt was dismal. No one rallys around a guy who is unpredictable week in week out. Sometimes he shines - mostly he's shite!
Only a trial and missing some top players and early days but Hunt has to improve and quickly.

AceAv

Juniors
And he will. Hunt has shown amazing signs of brilliance and just needs time. We have to respect he has only been in the half back role for 8-9 games late last season and he's miles ahead of Wallace already.

I have no doubt he'll improve throughout this season and by next year will really be something special. But a good player needs encouragement from his fans too, so be part of the solution LA...

Leagueaddict

Juniors
And he will. Hunt has shown amazing signs of brilliance and just needs time. We have to respect he has only been in the half back role for 8-9 games late last season and he's miles ahead of Wallace already.

I have no doubt he'll improve throughout this season and by next year will really be something special. But a good player needs encouragement from his fans too, so be part of the solution LA...

Don't worry mate, there's nothing that would make me happier than for us to have a great half again. It's been a long time coming and I'll be the first to sing his praises if he can get his act together along with the rest of the Broncs.

cheers

Bronco Rob

Juniors

Spot on AceAv, Ben has been for years transformed into a hooker and he is a half-back through and through. As mentioned in the Round 1 thread I believe his partner should be Kodi Nikorima and the 2 should be given time, Kodi is a very creative player and plays on a lot of instinct, he'll go well but just needs time to slot in and not succumb to over-reactionary coaching based on fan criticism, which I know Hook doesn't do.

Latest posts