What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial Scores - Updates

BrisVegas

Juniors
Walt Flanigan said:
What sort of team were the Broncos fielding? Full squad?

Broncos were resting: Lockyer, Hodges, Hunt, Tate, Micheals, Carlaw & Carroll

Basically the whole back line.

skeepe

Immortal
gregstar said:
skeepe - are you the dude who tipped more tries than kicks in the S14?

I am... obviously I never thought it would be by the margin I predicted... but I expected a far better showing than the awful games that have permeated the first 5 weeks of the competition. I'm one of the biggest union fans around, and I have half a mind not to watch for the rest of the season - it's THAT bad.

But this thread is for trial results, and I am going to bask in the glory that is the Raiders win... at least for 2 weeks :D

TigerFanatic

Juniors
And by the way all,bear in mind,this is only a trial game,where every team plays every player in all sorts of positions,we'll be right for 2007,GO THE TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

skeepe

Immortal
Jersey Flegg trial
Half time

Raiders 22
Panthers 6

Premier League trial to commence at 4:30pm.

Big Mick

Referee
That was to be expected. Most of our Flegg squad playing in the Premier League trial.

But most of those Flegg boys who played in the team last year have moved up.

Might be a tough year, but we started slow as well last year.

skeepe

Immortal
Good comeback from the Panthers in the second half, but it wasn't enough. Final score Raiders 36 Panthers 22.

Big Mick

Referee
I think Raiders will smash us in PL...Just a feeling. We have a good squad...and good depth for that team..but i dunno.

skeepe

Immortal
A fair few of who will be in our Premier League squad I believe are still up in Brisbane for the senior trials, so this should be a fairly weakened team with a fair few Jersey Flegg players stepping up, much like yourselves I'd imagine.

Still, the vast majority of our side should have first grade experience, which may be an advantage.

parramatta_eels_123 said:
i Really think raiders will be the spoon this year

they have no good players sept for Alan Tongue and Phill Graham

Id rather have Alan Tongue and Phil Graham and some 'apparent nobodies' than be stuck with brett finch and piggy riddell

Stranger

Coach
skeepe said:
According to Fox Sports, Andrew Johns missed the Sharks trial with a hamstring strain and is likely to miss the start of the season. He hasn't been able to run whatsoever for 2 weeks.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21320725-23214,00.html

That is the biggest load of sh*t Ive ever read. His not in doubt for round one, he is in doubt over his match fitness for round one, but he will still play.

"I trained all week and I'm a bit sore today and the coach just said 'if you do it again you could miss the start of the season'," the 32-year-old said."

murraymob

Coach
Big Mick © said:
I think Raiders will smash us in PL...Just a feeling. We have a good squad...and good depth for that team..but i dunno.
what was the score in premier league

Johns Magic

Referee
VictorTheViking said:
Id rather have Alan Tongue and Phil Graham and some 'apparent nobodies' than be stuck with brett finch and piggy riddell

Riddell would be just about the Raiders' best player.

murraymob

Coach
Big Mick © said:
I am sure we won premier league well just do not know score

I stand by my earlier statement, Id rather have Tongue and Graham over Finch and Riddell any day of the week.

As for him captaining us......which club, aside from parramatta would even consider buying him?

Latest posts