What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial Team v Manly

shaggs

Coach
The Dogs were certainly concerned everytime he touched it
I’ve never been a huge Katoa fan but he looked pretty good.
Maybe the Morris system suits him

Going forward a back 4 of Ronaldo, xerri, Ramien and Katoa might work.
All young, all with plenty of years to develop. If Kennedy can become a first grader that backline 5 is around for years

shadowboxer

First Grade
Watched Katoa at the Jets and he is definitely a love/hate player - brilliance combined with total brain fades. Great back up

He's athletic and talented but always very uptight. Perhaps the cool, calm and collected Josh Morris should have a few words of wisdom for him.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Nothing wrong with Katoa in attack, can drop it cold, but they all can. Can finish.

Very quick off the mark and sideways, would back him over 20m against any other, the real quick ones real him though, Mulitano, JAC, Roberts.

Still makes bad reads in defence, can tackle, comes in too early too often.

Fixable, maybe.

If is going to play, I ask Shaun or Blayke to run into a hole, as he dfifts back inside after being run out of sideline space, he is elusive there will be gaps.

ghoti

Bench
I like Katoa even though he's rocks and diamonds.. hope he finds a way to fix the errors.

In saying that...i weird always get some heavy schadenfreude when I see former forum hype youth players underdeliver. Katoa was the next big thing here a couple years ago... remember the David Simmons is the next Darren Lockyer calls? Dunno what the error count is on Xerri atm but I bet it's higher than Katoa's in his first season.

Often feel like the premature hype of up and coming youth us killing clubs, would love to see someone hardball that shit, let some talent go and stick with a grateful mixture of journeymen with a point to prove with some youth wanting an opportunity.. y'know nothing players like Mick Ennis, Matt Prior and Chad Townsend, rejects like Ben Barba, Like Lewis and James Maloney and maybe some young guys like Val Holmes and Jack Bird.. could win a premiership under the radar like that

ghoti

Bench
I like Katoa even though he's rocks and diamonds.. hope he finds a way to fix the errors.

In saying that...i weird always get some heavy schadenfreude when I see former forum hype youth players underdeliver. Katoa was the next big thing here a couple years ago... remember the David Simmons is the next Darren Lockyer calls? Dunno what the error count is on Xerri atm but I bet it's higher than Katoa's in his first season.

Often feel like the premature hype of up and coming youth us killing clubs, would love to see someone hardball that shit, let some talent go and stick with a grateful mixture of journeymen with a point to prove with some youth wanting an opportunity.. y'know nothing players like Mick Ennis, Matt Prior and Chad Townsend, rejects like Ben Barba, Like Lewis and James Maloney and maybe some young guys like Val Holmes and Jack Bird.. could win a premiership under the radar like that

(Shit...just read that back and having been on this forum since 2003, that is the most drunken old man post I've ever written)