What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trials for all grades

girvie

Staff member
North Sydney Bears will be holding Open and Invited Trials on the weekend of the 8th & 9th October at T.G. Milner Field, Vimiera Road, Eastwood.

Harold Matthews (U16s) & S.G. Ball (U18s) will be held on Saturday 8th starting at 9.30 am & 12.30 pm respectively.

Jersey Flegg (U20s) and Premier League (Opens) will be held on Sunday 9th starting at 9.30 am & 12.30 pm respectively.​

Register here:​
http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Information/Registration.htm

Collateral

Coach
I might give it a go next year, still need a while for my shoulder to get back to 100% and I want to put on about 15kgs more.

broncoFAN

Juniors
im heading down girvie :D, bringing some penrith talent along with me aswell :D
how many players have yas got signed up for flegg already... as in trialiers.

girvie

Staff member
I'm not exactly sure how many. Over 50 in Flegg.

You would have pretty good odds of making the side.

Make sure your mates are registered on the website. Registration closes on the 2nd of October.

***MH***

Bench
i refereed Canterbury's HMatt's and SGBall trials last weekend.... both grades lacked any promising forwards but their backs look exciting. I'll be reffing the HMatt's again this friday night, I think they're trialling against Cronulla like last season. I'll let you know how it goes.

girvie

Staff member
***MH*** said:
i refereed Canterbury's HMatt's and SGBall trials last weekend.... both grades lacked any promising forwards but their backs look exciting. I'll be reffing the HMatt's again this friday night, I think they're trialling against Cronulla like last season. I'll let you know how it goes.
How many players do Canterbury get for those grades?

girvie

Staff member
***MH*** said:
they had at least 55 players competing for about 23 spots in both grades
Ok. The Bears will have more but i guess Canterbury was invited players only. Not open trials like the Bears are having.

girvie

Staff member
Saturday 9.30 Harold Matthews
Saturday 12.30 SG Ball
Sunday 9.30 Jersey Flegg
Sunday 12.30 Premier League

***MH***

Bench
***MH*** said:
i was wrong on both counts here,
the dogs HMatts versed Group 18 Reps and won narrowly 22-16,
the forwards showed great improvement compared to their performance the week before, dogs number 8 was devistating in attacking the advantage line and getting the offload away. It's a shame that CRL teams such as Group 18 don't participate in the NSWRL junior reps calendar, they showed great backline ball skills and would compete against the best of what sydney has to offer!

fourplay

Juniors
Girvie could u pls tell me how many spots are up for grabs in norths flegg and how many r trialling ? thx

girvie

Staff member
fourplay said:
Girvie could u pls tell me how many spots are up for grabs in norths flegg and how many r trialling ? thx
I think they probably pick a squad of about 30 for pre-season training and then it would be reduced to about 23 when the season starts.

I haven't heard how many from the 2005 side are being retained. And the last i heard was that over 50 have applied for Jersey Flegg trials.