What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trials

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter
Both John Bateman and Latu Fainu have travelled to Queenstown. Neither will play this weekend but encouraging in terms of fitness if they’re part of the travelling crew.

Tigerm

First Grade

Team List vs New Zealand Warriors

1 Jahream Bula

2 Charlie Staines

3 Solomona Faataape

4 Declan Casey

5 Junior Tupou

6 Jayden Sullivan

7 Aidan Sezer

8 Stefano Utoikamanu

9 Api Koroisau (c)

10 David Klemmer

11 Isaiah Papali'i

12 Asu Kepaoa

13 Alex Seyfarth

Interchange:

14 Lachlan Galvin

15 Josh Feledy

16 Fonua Pole

17 Samuela Fainu

18 Kit Laulilii

19 Sione Fainu

20 Jake Simpkin

21 Tallyn Da Silva

22 Heath Mason

23 Alex Lobb

24 Tony Sukkar

25 Navren Willett

26 Nick Lui-Toso

27 Reuben Porter

28 Sione Vaihu
———————
No Alaimolo?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Interesting. I have seen pics of Naden training over there but no mention in the team list.

I guess Benji is giving Faataape and Casey a go now because both are unlikely to see much first grade this season.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Interesting. I have seen pics of Naden training over there but no mention in the team list.

I guess Benji is giving Faataape and Casey a go now because both are unlikely to see much first grade this season.
When it comes to centres the pecking order would most likely be : Olam Toa Naden & Doueihi.I don’t rate Feledy & Casey couldn’t make it at the dogs so I’m very interested in seeing how Faataape goes.Id luv it if he were to turn into a star to stick it up the spineless rumour monger Rothshit

Nutz

Bench

1 Jahream Bula

2 Charlie Staines

3 Solomona Faataape

4 Declan Casey

5 Junior Tupou

6 Jayden Sullivan

7 Aidan Sezer

8 Stefano Utoikamanu

9 Api Koroisau (c)

10 David Klemmer

11 Isaiah Papali'i

12 Asu Kepaoa

13 Alex Seyfarth

Interchange:

14 Lachlan Galvin

15 Josh Feledy

16 Fonua Pole

17 Samuela Fainu

18 Kit Laulilii

19 Sione Fainu

20 Jake Simpkin

21 Tallyn Da Silva

22 Heath Mason

23 Alex Lobb

24 Tony Sukkar

25 Navren Willett

26 Nick Lui-Toso

27 Reuben Porter

28 Sione Vaihu
———————
No Alaimolo?
The should call you "Keeper" Tm....nothin gets past ya :)

Nutz

Bench
Our Spine of Bula, Sullivan, Sezer and Api should be a good one .
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck v Declan Casey is a bit of a mismach....go easy on Roger please Declan :)
I'm tipping Jayden Sullivan to be more out to prove a point against Chanel Harris-Tavita who along with RTS have returned to the Warriors.
The forwards of both benches are even.
I'm keen to see young Samuela Fainu run out for the first time in Tigers colours. There is so much of an upside to this fella that I think he may have a break out year.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
.I don’t rate Casey couldn’t make it at the dogs
Casey not making it at the dogs doesn’t mean much.. Having more than half a brain and somewhat of a possible break out player reputation could be plenty . he’s not big but he could surprise and he must have been grabbed for a reason. Be good to see a skinnyish white fella with some heart show these big boys up in the centres

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Looking forward to Sullivan saying after the first trial, Fk u, U just try and drop me now..you think the ball of energy will be motivated?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Casey not making it at the dogs doesn’t mean much.. Having more than half a brain and somewhat of a possible break out player reputation could be plenty . he’s not big but he could surprise and he must have been grabbed for a reason. Be good to see a skinnyish white fella with some heart show these big boys up in the centres
He wouldn’t be on a train & trial deal if he were any good.Hope he proves me wrong but he won’t b playing NRL with us unless we have a horrendous injury toll in the outside backs.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Looking forward to Sullivan saying after the first trial, Fk u, U just try and drop me now..you think the ball of energy will be motivated?
I just hope he manages to overcome hammy issues & plays consistently well for us coz he certainly didn’t set the world on fire with saints.Imo Fainu & Galvin r both more talented than Sullivan.

WA Tiger

Bench
He wouldn’t be on a train & trial deal if he were any good.Hope he proves me wrong but he won’t b playing NRL with us unless we have a horrendous injury toll in the outside backs.
Your prob right.. I’m only hoping… There’s so many Brand names at the dogs hopefully that’s the only reason he was squeezed out and we get another luckybreak

Ned Kelly

Juniors
When it comes to centres the pecking order would most likely be : Olam Toa Naden & Doueihi.I don’t rate Feledy & Casey couldn’t make it at the dogs so I’m very interested in seeing how Faataape goes.Id luv it if he were to turn into a star to stick it up the spineless rumour monger Rothshit
Faataape certainly looks like he could be good for us.

Don't know what will happen if he has a blinder because under his current contract he can't play first grade until round 11. Still, I would love it if he goes well.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Faataape certainly looks like he could be good for us.

Don't know what will happen if he has a blinder because under his current contract he can't play first grade until round 11. Still, I would love it if he goes well.

Hes development, theyve changed the rules so they can play from round 1. Train and Trial/second tier ie nsw cup cant still cant play til round 11, so that would include Casey

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
The 28 players selected for Sunday.

L. Fainu, To’a, Olam, Twal, Bateman, Naden, Faagutu, Matamua, Alaimalo, Saukuru and Tumeth the NRL/Development players not named.

Vic Mackey

Referee

1 Jahream Bula

2 Charlie Staines

3 Solomona Faataape

4 Declan Casey

5 Junior Tupou

6 Jayden Sullivan

7 Aidan Sezer

8 Stefano Utoikamanu

9 Api Koroisau (c)

10 David Klemmer

11 Isaiah Papali'i

12 Asu Kepaoa

13 Alex Seyfarth

Interchange:

14 Lachlan Galvin

15 Josh Feledy

16 Fonua Pole

17 Samuela Fainu

18 Kit Laulilii

19 Sione Fainu

20 Jake Simpkin

21 Tallyn Da Silva

22 Heath Mason

23 Alex Lobb

24 Tony Sukkar

25 Navren Willett

26 Nick Lui-Toso

27 Reuben Porter

28 Sione Vaihu
———————
No Alaimolo?

Interesting team, good mix of senior and juniors. Would assume guys like Api, Klem, Stef, Ice etc might only get 20-25 mins. Dissapointed that the likes of Alaimolo and Naden arent there. Had heard good things re Alaimolo over pre season, I still think Naden has something to offer, guy just cant get on the field.

Looking forward to seeing how guys like Galvin, Sam Fainu and Mason go. The last 4 guys are T&T. Willets the 6'7 guy we beat multiple NRL/Union/AFL clubs to sign. Has been playing Ball and gone really well the first 2 weeks. Porters the back rower we got from Easts, hasnt played NRL but been in the Top 30 for a couple of years.

Nutz

Bench
Hes development, theyve changed the rules so they can play from round 1. Train and Trial/second tier ie nsw cup cant still cant play til round 11, so that would include Casey
True.
The only way to make the NRL an even and fair comp is to allow mixed genders to play against each other, permit the use of illicit drugs and performance enhancing drugs, get rid of the salary cap, have no age restriction, have an unlimited number of players in your squad, allow any form of contact eg stiff arms, pole driver, grapple tackles, chicken wing, canon ball, squirrel grip, face slapping, eye gouging and no judiciary.
Seems fair ;)
rugby_528685.jpg

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter
Lachlan Galvin (calf) has been ruled out of Sunday’s trial, with young halfback Iverson Matai to take his place.

Galvin’s injury is believed to only be a minor calf strain.

Matai will travel to NZ on Friday.
—————-
Iverson Matai captained Canterbury’s SG Ball side last year before joining WT mid year and basically played the entire second half of the season in the halves in Jersey Flegg.

He did some NRL preseason this year and has spent most of the preseason with the NSW Cup side.

This is Matai’s first year out of SG Ball (same age as Saukuru, Sukkar, Feledy, Faagutu etc).

Thought he was really impressive with his short kicking game and pass selection after joining WT. The real stand out feature was his ability to straighten the attack as a half.
——————-
Go well young fella.