What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trials

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter
Lachlan Galvin (calf) has been ruled out of Sunday’s trial, with young halfback Iverson Matai to take his place.

Galvin’s injury is believed to only be a minor calf strain.

Matai will travel to NZ on Friday.
—————-
Iverson Matai captained Canterbury’s SG Ball side last year before joining WT mid year and basically played the entire second half of the season in the halves in Jersey Flegg.

He did some NRL preseason this year and has spent most of the preseason with the NSW Cup side.

This is Matai’s first year out of SG Ball (same age as Saukuru, Sukkar, Feledy, Faagutu etc).

Thought he was really impressive with his short kicking game and pass selection after joining WT. The real stand out feature was his ability to straighten the attack as a half.
——————-
Go well young fella.
Position: Halfback/Five-eighth
Contract: NRL T&T, Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

- 2023 Bulldogs SGBall captain

- Joined WT midyear

- Impressed with kicking, passing games and ability to straighten the attack

Vic Mackey

Referee
NBWT twitter
Lachlan Galvin (calf) has been ruled out of Sunday’s trial, with young halfback Iverson Matai to take his place.

Galvin’s injury is believed to only be a minor calf strain.

Matai will travel to NZ on Friday.
—————-
Iverson Matai captained Canterbury’s SG Ball side last year before joining WT mid year and basically played the entire second half of the season in the halves in Jersey Flegg.

He did some NRL preseason this year and has spent most of the preseason with the NSW Cup side.

This is Matai’s first year out of SG Ball (same age as Saukuru, Sukkar, Feledy, Faagutu etc).

Thought he was really impressive with his short kicking game and pass selection after joining WT. The real stand out feature was his ability to straighten the attack as a half.
——————-
Go well young fella.

damn that sucks re Galvin. I liked what I saw last year from Matai though, plus he looks more a 7 then 6. Only a small kid with a good kicking and passing game .

Nutz

Bench
Reimis Smith making some bad defensive reads in the Sorm v Dogs trial.
Pappy is back running confidently setting up a try out wide.
Also Xerri looks fit but not lightning quick.
A few hands on hips from both sides.

Tigerm

First Grade
Why not Latu Fainu?
Nah, I told Benji to pull him hahaha

I’m not sure, maybe injured?

Though this young bloke will be pumped, hopefully his parents can get over there to watch him. Might be a while before his gets a FT fg gig.

Nutz

Bench
Nah, I told Benji to pull him hahaha

I’m not sure, maybe injured?

Though this young bloke will be pumped, hopefully his parents can get over there to watch him. Might be a while before his gets a FT fg gig.
Thats confirmed, when I told Benji to rest him he said you already advised them of that.... Something about you being a good puller that is :)

Nutz

Bench
True.
The only way to make the NRL an even and fair comp is to allow mixed genders to play against each other, permit the use of illicit drugs and performance enhancing drugs, get rid of the salary cap, have no age restriction, have an unlimited number of players in your squad, allow any form of contact eg stiff arms, pole driver, grapple tackles, chicken wing, canon ball, squirrel grip, face slapping, eye gouging and no judiciary.
Seems fair ;)
View attachment 84147
Oh no, we have another rule this year...."The Leg Pull"
The third man can't come in and lift the leg if it's deemed unnecessary to deliberately slow down or negate a quick play the ball.
Guess who the first team in 2024 to be penalized for this,
Yes you guessed right, it was the Melbourne Storm.

Tigerm

First Grade

Team List vs New Zealand Warriors

1 Jahream Bula

2 Charlie Staines

3 Solomona Faataape

4 Declan Casey

5 Junior Tupou

6 Jayden Sullivan

7 Aidan Sezer

8 Stefano Utoikamanu

9 Api Koroisau (c)

10 David Klemmer

11 Isaiah Papali'i

12 Asu Kepaoa

13 Alex Seyfarth

Interchange:

14 Iverson Matai

15 Josh Feledy

16 Fonua Pole

17 Samuela Fainu

18 Kit Laulilii

19 Sione Fainu

20 Jake Simpkin

21 Tallyn Da Silva

22 Heath Mason

23 Alex Lobb

24 Tony Sukkar

25 Navren Willett

26 Nick Lui-Toso

27 Reuben Porter

28 Sione Vaihu

Nutz

Bench
What's the go with Storm's redhead's hair [N⁰17] It's sort of a mullet, a mop and something else.... it's got wings.

Nutz

Bench

Team List vs New Zealand Warriors

1 Jahream Bula

2 Charlie Staines

3 Solomona Faataape

4 Declan Casey

5 Junior Tupou

6 Jayden Sullivan

7 Aidan Sezer

8 Stefano Utoikamanu

9 Api Koroisau (c)

10 David Klemmer

11 Isaiah Papali'i

12 Asu Kepaoa

13 Alex Seyfarth

Interchange:

14 Iverson Matai

15 Josh Feledy

16 Fonua Pole

17 Samuela Fainu

18 Kit Laulilii

19 Sione Fainu

20 Jake Simpkin

21 Tallyn Da Silva

22 Heath Mason

23 Alex Lobb

24 Tony Sukkar

25 Navren Willett

26 Nick Lui-Toso

27 Reuben Porter

28 Sione Vaihu
Reuben Porter, train and trial, Cook Islander.
Latu is suspended for a dangerous tackle in the Tonga v England test, he'll play rd 2 of the trials me fink.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Tommy T has dropped 8kg from last years playing weight and looks fitter than ever, albeit cramps late in the game.
Same with Wakeham and James.... what's that saying about our trainers from last year?

More dropped balls in the roosters v eagles game than an afl game.
Messy game.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
$20 for $300 win bet
Grand Final / Tigers vs South Sydney
Nothing else was paying and South Sydney could have the players now..

Tigerm

First Grade
I guess we need to find a GK as well over the trials.
Something we haven’t had consistently for a long while now, from memory?
I know Api can kick em, but it might be a bit much, for him to do everything?