What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trials

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m more interested to see if there’s a noticeable difference in shape and structure than the result.

The players im going to watch closely are:

* Bula: let’s see if he’s attack in the 20 has evolved
* Both halves: think they’ll have very distinct roles which is far different from anything we’ve had recently
* Faataape: from his highlights the bloke looks like he could walk into an NRL side, let’s see how he goes at this level
* Kepaoa: now a full time second rower?
* Seyfarth: word had been he’s the first choice lock and is being tried Isiah Yeo style
* Sam Fainu: likely a bench spot for round 1, on the edge or in the middle?

From the others will watch Mason and Willett, neither are anywhere near first grade, Mason is a handy utility player whilst Willets played 2 games of Ball and looked well above that Level at both centre and fullback.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I guess we need to find a GK as well over the trials.
Something we haven’t had consistently for a long while now, from memory?
I know Api can kick em, but it might be a bit much, for him to do everything?

think sezer averaged 80%+ as a goal kicker. Sullivan kicks them too as does Api

WA Tiger

Bench
Benji admitted his starting team was his number 1team…so I’m interested to see how tough Casey is..and if he’s got any busta moves on, at centre

Tigerm

First Grade
Only 20 mins in, but Bud looking like he wants the 6 jersey?
Sezer looking pretty good as well.

Nutz

Bench
Matai... interesting. I also forgot about Willet.
It's like opening up xmas presents.
Lobb in the air....try@

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
That 3rd try, created by Alex Lobb, the Swans were very keen to get him.
Not sure how long he’s been on, but Nick Lui-Toso (ex Penrith apparently) is having a dig.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
So good to not be writing off the Tigers after their first game.
Is it just me or are we playing with more determination than last year . I thought our new halves combo looked better than any time last year.
I'm liking Bud too.

Nutz

Bench
Is it just me or are we playing with more determination than last year . I thought our new halves combo looked better than any time last year.
I'm liking Bud too.
Your not imagining it Ned. That's what competition for spots does to a team.
Our halves in the first period looked like halves didn't they, especially the Sezer try.
Faataape was about our best out there scoring 44 FC pts second to big red who scored 51pts.

Thought we looked pretty good while Sezer was on the field but looked disorganised when he went off. Faataape had some good touches and looked likely.

I know its only a trial and there's unlimited interchanges but to only score 2 tries in 60 minutes against 12 men is pretty poor. The warriors completely dominated us physically the more the game went on. If it had of of gone for another 5 minutes they would have won.

Pity that Galvin got injured through the week. He was the one player I was looking forward to seeing the most. Apparently he's been training the house down all summer and looking the goods.

Having said that it's only a trial and there's another next week. Then a bit of a break until round 2. Hopefully Casey isn't too badly injured and has a speedy recovery but that was a heavy KO.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Solid hit out. Faataape looks to be a good player, with Olam & To’a gives us options at centre (think To’a might move to the wing). Halves played with some direction and purpose.
It certainly gives us some options hey.
Lobb did well and his height is an asset as seen in the try he set up.
In the next trial Solomon Alaimalo might get a run and if all positive reports about him are true then he my add to the selection process.
Selections are not determined from a game alone but also what happens at training, which we don't get to see.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm liking Bud too.
Yep, while it’s still early, I think the Sezer and Bud combo, did well. I didn’t see anyone today who will knock them off there spots at this stage.

macnaz

Staff member
wow, not sure what to make of that . Some typical Weststigers traits on display in the 2nd half .. players with ZERO skill , horrible ball handling , Zero football brains . Im confused if there has been so called process's coached to everyone then why was the 2nd half so ridiculously boring one out play attacking the goal line ?
Overall our main players went well and give me hope but i fail to see why some.of these depth players even have a career playing rugby league.

Latest posts