What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trindall fails roadside alcohol and drug tests

Eion

First Grade
Frenzy post.at Top of this thread page
Near top of Post. Full article. Suspended. Drink driving. Drugs driving. All allegations at the moment
Being licence suspension is very common now
Due to unpaid fines
Alot of drivers are unaware that they are suspended due to ignorance. Lost mail. Non communication. Not keeping updated with licence status. Even a Lost. Or ignored Parking fine. Can create big trouble
He’s been done for driving on a suspended license in the past (2023).
This time it was an expired license.

Frenzy.

Immortal
There's a traceable timeline.

Suspension history goes back to 2023.

June 2023 - pulled over for breath test. Test negative but police found license was suspended due to excess merit points. This happened on October 12 2022 and was in force till February 17 2023

Court August 2023 - Magistrate noted that a notation was made on February 18 2023 that suspension had been extended pending driving knowledge test. Eligible to drive in January 2024

Sometime between August 2023 and January 2024 Trindall passed knowledge test.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

There isn't any information in any of the press articles since the recent offences about was license restored and was license renewed if restored.

However, first reports on recent offences has quotes from police statement saying license was expired. From SMH article of April 23 2024
“The man produced an expired licence and allegedly returned a positive result to a breath test. He was arrested for the purposes of a breath analysis and was taken to Miranda Police Station, where he allegedly returned a breath analysis reading of 0.124.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

The kid has a bad history of not checking things.

We can draw your own conclusions but it does look like all suspensions were finished, he had passed the required driving knowledge test but perhaps didn't renew the license when the suspension ended.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Well Buzz Cunkfield couldn't let it go.

Saint, Sinner, Shoosh: Cronulla stand by Braydon Trindall as Sharks star goes to rehab

Cronulla stand by Braydon Trindall as the playmaker enters a rehabilitation clinic following his failed roadside drug test, Ray Hadley’s sign of success and more in PHIL ROTHFIELD’s Saint, Sinner, Shoosh.

Phil Rothfield Phil Rothfield, 4 min read, April 27, 2024 - 4:04PM

Cronulla five-eighth Braydon Trindall won’t be playing for the Sharks again anytime soon – he’ll be undergoing rehab treatment.

The 24-year-old failed a roadside drug and alcohol test last week and was found to be driving with an expired licence. He returned a breath analysis reading of 0.124, as well as a positive result to cocaine.

Sharks boss Dino Mezzatesta has confirmed the club was backing Trindall in his recovery. “It’s important we understand the issues, and, more importantly, that we attend to them,” he said.

“He’s under the care of our welfare officer, and we’ll make sure the best possible treatment is made available to him, like we would with any other player at our club.”

Braydon Trindall is taking a break from football to get professional help. Picture: Getty Images

Braydon Trindall is taking a break from football to get professional help. Picture: Getty Images

Trindall celebrated last Sunday’s victory over the Cowboys, but was pulled over by police the next morning on Captain Cook Drive, Caringbah, about 9.45am.

He will face the charges at Sutherland Local Court on May 17.

Your columnist understands this is not the first issue that Trindall has had to deal with in recent years.

Hence the club’s decision to put the 24-year-old in a rehab facility from Monday morning to get professional help.

The Sharks feel it is an encouraging sign that he has enthusiastically agreed to the treatment.

Trindall also has the full backing of the playing group.

While they are disappointed in his actions, they are determined to support him.

DJDL

Bench
Rudolph out of the 19. No reason given.

I’m ok with this.
I’ve said elsewhere for me it’s one of either him or Herb.
Their numbers are near identical this year so it’s a toss up. But happy for it to go this way.
More upside in Herb, IMHO.

blue bags

First Grade
Good to see the club handling this professionally and making sure this leads to Trindall learning his lesson and making a return to the playing field in the future. No exuberant statements, no panicked sackings.
Why couldn't it be prevented
Where's the players personal management
All player's should be managed. All checked for licence update. Transport monitoring
Minders are needed
Ok we have player's on $800.000
Yet we trust them to take care of themselves
Okay 😲

Tiger Shark

Bench
Why couldn't it be prevented
Where's the players personal management
All player's should be managed. All checked for licence update. Transport monitoring
Minders are needed
Ok we have player's on $800.000
Yet we trust them to take care of themselves
Okay 😲
At some point you need to treat them like adults, can’t be expected wipe their butts for them.

It’s about personal responsibility

Tiger Shark

Bench
Good to see the club handling this professionally and making sure this leads to Trindall learning his lesson and making a return to the playing field in the future. No exuberant statements, no panicked sackings.
Yeah it’s been handled pretty well

I think it’ll be a while before we see him back though. Might even go to the Jets to blow out any cobwebs potentially. Depends how long he misses but won’t be back before court date

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah it’s been handled pretty well

I think it’ll be a while before we see him back though. Might even go to the Jets to blow out any cobwebs potentially. Depends how long he misses but won’t be back before court date
Yep, and Brayden is entering rehab tomorrow. There are very few rehabs with programs less than 3 months and those are the facilities in Australia. OS rehab might be off the table initially due to court date

sladden road

Juniors
Well he’ll be off the place over the hill at Curl Curl, unless they ship him to Thailand. That’s a three week program.
Couple of weeks in reserves… 6 weeks from now giving a 7week stand down.

Sounds about correct to me.

sladden road

Juniors
Yep, and Brayden is entering rehab tomorrow. There are very few rehabs with programs less than 3 months and those are the facilities in Australia. OS rehab might be off the table initially due to court date
Doc, in my experience it’s SPP.
All the leagues go there from Inglis to others I won’t name cause it not public .

there’s also the one at Bronte (rubbish) and a couple of other short term options like the ones at Artarmon.
IMO they won’t put him in a three month one. Real good way to open up someone vulnerable to recidivism.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Well he’ll be off the place over the hill at Curl Curl, unless they ship him to Thailand. That’s a three week program.
Couple of weeks in reserves… 6 weeks from now giving a 7week stand down.

Sounds about correct to me.
Yeah I'm talking general terms. 20 days till May 17. Will not get to Thailand and back and complete but that's the rehab you do to "tick a box" which might be what is happening.

sladden road

Juniors
Yeah I'm talking general terms. 20 days till May 17. Will not get to Thailand and back and complete but that's the rehab you do to "tick a box" which might be what is happening.
Yes Doc, I reckon that’s exactly why will happen , it’s tick a box.
although I put shit on “to her door”, the best program in Australia is the Buttery.

real addicts minds are so f**ked up it takes a long time to recover . 9 to 12 months.
Nearly everything else is a on a sliding scale.
Other places like Foundation, Glebe house WHOs are great programs but that is a socio economic choice. There is no good argument to put a footy player in what is a heavy heavy place.
Anyway time will tell and time takes time.

Yes Doc, I reckon that’s exactly why will happen , it’s tick a box.
although I put shit on “to her door”, the best program in Australia is the Buttery.

real addicts minds are so f**ked up it takes a long time to recover . 9 to 12 months.
Nearly everything else is a on a sliding scale.
Other places like Foundation, Glebe house WHOs are great programs but that is a socio economic choice. There is no good argument to put a footy player in what is a heavy heavy place.
Anyway time will tell and time takes time.
I've got no life experience with any of this stuff but you're right, a footy player doing drugs recreationally doesn't belong in a place with lifelong heroin addicts and the like.