What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple M 2016 Grand Final

Generalzod

Immortal
The l
I'm not a Cronulla fan but I had always wanted to see the grand final regardless of who played and I attended the 2016 grand final.

The most amazing sporting event I've ever been to. A truly great contest, amazing atmosphere and emotion was incredible, even as a neutral I couldn't help but get involved and celebrate with the Sharks fans. Seeing Sharks fans 80 years old bursting into tears of joy was very touching as well as Gallen's speech and celebrations.

Even better I live in Queensland. Having to listen to incest yokels all year cursing the Sharks giving them threats and praying they would fail just because of Gallen and that's it was pathetic. Going back and telling them with a big smile that Cronulla are the champions and the Broncos have now not won a premiership for a decade was pure gold. I had a great time rubbing it at them and watching them storm of in disgust.

Hope that day was worth it for you guys
the last 10 mins went for ever...

I'm not a Cronulla fan but I had always wanted to see the grand final regardless of who played and I attended the 2016 grand final.

The most amazing sporting event I've ever been to. A truly great contest, amazing atmosphere and emotion was incredible, even as a neutral I couldn't help but get involved and celebrate with the Sharks fans. Seeing Sharks fans 80 years old bursting into tears of joy was very touching as well as Gallen's speech and celebrations.

Even better I live in Queensland. Having to listen to incest yokels all year cursing the Sharks giving them threats and praying they would fail just because of Gallen
My favourite post in this forum by a non sharks supporter ever.
Cheers mate

snout

First Grade

Even better I live in Queensland. Having to listen to incest yokels all year cursing the Sharks giving them threats and praying they would fail just because of Gallen and that's it was pathetic. Going back and telling them with a big smile that Cronulla are the champions and the Broncos have now not won a premiership for a decade was pure gold. I had a great time rubbing it at them and watching them storm of in disgust.

Hope that day was worth it for you guys
You lost me 5 words in.

King hit

Coach
100%. Typical NRL political BS. They didn't like Fifita cos' he privately supported a mate who'd done something regrettable and got himself in trouble with the law. Tsk tsk.
It was even more disgraceful how they treated him after. Meninga not letting him play for Australia because of it. The same Meninga who supported his brother who raped and murdered a young girl.

carcharias

Immortal
I see the sharks are showing a doco @ 4pm today on Facebook.
It’s a thing on the 2016 year.

probably show the players shooting up steroids and get our title stripped.

Eion

First Grade
Did a full 2016 gf arvo the other day with the kids. Decked out in sharks kit, sausage sangers, 1000 beers and watched the full replay. It was the best, highly recommend it.

a couple things struck me. f**k prior was good before he went off hia. Old lukey was also better than I recalled and a legitimate MOM contender...though still burrito for mine.

also refs penalty on lewis in the second half was a crime and almost turned the tide. Merkins.

I did the same as Eion today and rewatched the glorious GF.
Couple of things,
1. Flange is not given anywhere enough credit for our scrum base play. Nor are the players who executed it when it mattered. If that is a Bennett or Bellamy the commentators would still be circle jerking about it.
2. No matter what Jack Bird does I will never forget his courage that day. He was done and gone and stayed on and fought like an absolute champion. Watch his set in D after he does his arm. He tackles with one arm and even tries to have a crack at Chambers cause he’s an Emily

carcharias

Immortal
I did the same as Eion today and rewatched the glorious GF.
Couple of things,
1. Flange is not given anywhere enough credit for our scrum base play. Nor are the players who executed it when it mattered. If that is a Bennett or Bellamy the commentators would still be circle jerking about it.
2. No matter what Jack Bird does I will never forget his courage that day. He was done and gone and stayed on and fought like an absolute champion. Watch his set in D after he does his arm. He tackles with one arm and even tries to have a crack at Chambers cause he’s an Emily

watch that doco on NRL.com
Bird hurts that shoulder the game before.
I only noticed it last night.
15 in a row has also been largely forgotten.
Only 2 teams had done it in 100 years or something.

Latest posts