What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tristan Sailor

giboz71

First Grade
If Luke doesn't play 80 minutes there's a decent chance Hunt spends time at hooker with Sailor somewhere in the team (or off the bench) to fill in in the halves.

Yep. My guess is Sailor will be the bench utility coming on with about 20 to go, with Hunt moving to hooker. Luke will be 33 this year so i'm guessing he's only good for about 60 mins a game.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Yep. My guess is Sailor will be the bench utility coming on with about 20 to go, with Hunt moving to hooker. Luke will be 33 this year so i'm guessing he's only good for about 60 mins a game.

I'm sure you are correct. Mary will use him like Kurt Mann was used unfortunately

Last edited:

Wittenberg

Juniors
Sailor was impressive in attack on the weekend. Good vision, a good kicking game and read the game well but his defence was poor. A player is more defensively challenged in the 9’s with less chance of players running shotgun for each other. Every team targeted Sailor and Sullivan, natural I guess but both these players will need to work on their defence before they can take on key positions for us. I too think Sailor’s future is in the halves but at the moment defensively there is little difference between Dufty and Sailor. Sullivan was tentative but that is understandable. He has time.

Dea

Juniors
I thought Sailor showed problems in defence and he probably needs some consistent time in his key position in the reserves to develop this.

denis preston

First Grade
Sailor was impressive in attack on the weekend. Good vision, a good kicking game and read the game well but his defence was poor. A player is more defensively challenged in the 9’s with less chance of players running shotgun for each other. Every team targeted Sailor and Sullivan, natural I guess but both these players will need to work on their defence before they can take on key positions for us. I too think Sailor’s future is in the halves but at the moment defensively there is little difference between Dufty and Sailor. Sullivan was tentative but that is understandable. He has time.
Sailor will get exposed big time in defense out wide so ironically his best position is 6. I'd agree coming off the bench may be his best chance but not to play winger or centre.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Is he only signed for 1 year? If so Why? This kid looks the goods? I am hoping there is a method to this madness because if he kills it in the NRL the other teams will be chasing him.

boardlumps62

Juniors
There is a size requirement for positions
If you want to be a forward 105+ kg if you want to be a winger fast as 100kg plus with some length. If you want to be a 5/8 well I know does Mc f**knuckle.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Is he only signed for 1 year? If so Why? This kid looks the goods? I am hoping there is a method to this madness because if he kills it in the NRL the other teams will be chasing him.

Slippery there is a lot of player of contract this year . So maybe the best decision is one year only at this stage can always be upgraded during the year if he is playing very well.

possm

Coach
It is a matter of finding a first grade spot for Sailor. There is a long list of potential fullbacks, a few wingers ahead of him and plenty of depth in the halves.

I'd say if he was selected in the right centre position, he may very well make this position his own. He has built up his body in the off-season and seems to not have lost any speed. If he can be consistant in defence, he certainly has the attacking skills and passing game to handle this position well.

Como Connection

First Grade
It is a matter of finding a first grade spot for Sailor. There is a long list of potential fullbacks, a few wingers ahead of him and plenty of depth in the halves.

I'd say if he was selected in the right centre position, he may very well make this position his own. He has built up his body in the off-season and seems to not have lost any speed. If he can be consistant in defence, he certainly has the attacking skills and passing game to handle this position well.
Gotta be an upgrade on EA, alas the coach is in love with EA.
CC

Frank Facer

First Grade

I don't see Sailor as a centre, but I would much rather see him given a run there than the likes of Aitken and Lafai.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Sailor as centre with williame might work if frizell is riding shotgun for sailor. And then Sims and Williame will cause havoc on the other side...
That could work. Last night Friz was on the left hand side of the field, while Tariq was on the right hand side. Tariq could do the job that you suggested Tyson do. We would certainly have a lot more attack with Williame and Sailor as our centres. I still want to see Ramsey given a shot as one of our wingers. With the addition of Ramsey, Sailor and Williame, our attack would look much stronger and dynamic, than last year. Lomax looks very safe at fullback. He looks to have a better passing game than Dufty. He also will provide stronger kick returns and looked very comfortable under the high ball. He will also provide us with stronger defence than Dufty. Lomax may surprise a few on this site at fullback this year.

I really want to see Rava given a shot a centre. I think he could be a success there. I would also be instructing him to watch as much footy as he can to improve his understanding of the game and his footy IQ. As The Flamigo suggested on JA, Rava is a rough diamond.