What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trophies, good, bad and ugly

Red Bear

Referee
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
nothing beats the european cup/uefa champions league

000.jpg

^^ oh what a memory :cool:
I think it looks better here
liverpool-champions-league-winners.jpg

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
The Stanley Cup is easily the best.

By the way, it doesn't keep getting bigger. When the bottom hoop is full the top hoop is removed and they are moved up. The removed hoop is flattened and stored in a vault at the Hall of Fame. Believe me, I've touched the Cup and been in the vault. :cool:

Stanley_Cup.jpg

gretzky.jpg
interesting....
i never knew that....get a pic of teemu selanne holding the cup....

Red Bear said:
I think it looks better here
liverpool-champions-league-winners.jpg

i suppose in that picture it shows the world that in the day an age of 2005 homosexuals are now widely accepted in sport. where as in 2001 it was't really the case :p

besides tell oliver kahn that
pic306.jpg

colonel_123

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
The Stanley Cup is easily the best.

By the way, it doesn't keep getting bigger. When the bottom hoop is full the top hoop is removed and they are moved up. The removed hoop is flattened and stored in a vault at the Hall of Fame. Believe me, I've touched the Cup and been in the vault. :cool:

Agree that the Stanley Cup is the greatest trophy there is, without a doubt.

colonel_123

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
stanley cup has nothing on the fifa world cup
germany_win_1990.jpg

The FIFA World Cup Trophy is certainly an interesting design, but it doesn't match the tradition and history embedded in the Stanley Cup which dates back to 1892.

Goldthorpe

Bench
The Stanley Cup is the best trophy in World Sport [even though I don't follow NHL]

Here is the NBL trophy

r130554_431725.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
r191182_719749.jpg

Good thing that picture doesn't have the crowd in the background.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can I ask what the f**k is going on in the bottom right corner?

What is that guy holding?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The RL Challenge Cup is the best ever. Classy, good size, lid falls off when you lift it up to create embarrasing moments!

challenge_cup_465_465x370.jpg

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Great thread.

Must say that our trophy is one of the better ones in world sport - original, emotional and dripping with meaning. It just says so much about the game and no matter what part of the world a person would come from, they would notice and be intigued by such a trophy.

Must say that I do enjoy the idea of rings (one element of Americanisation i can tolerate) as it would be better for the player. One can wear a ring the rest of their lives but they'd look like a knob wearing their medal ala AFL.

What a shamozzle is the union cup, it's like the trophies they gave every player in the team in the under 8s.