What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

True about Blacklock to Hull?

aussie_londoner

Juniors
ok, well i am on the other side of the world and i dont follow him much, so i guess it seemed to me that he has been out a fair bit, the first game i got to see this year was a taped copy of the rnd 11 game were we beat the eels and blacklock did his hammy. and i havent taken much note of his return. i am always to focused on what is going on with the forwards

i am a bit biased towards the forwards, dont follow the backs as much.

Anonymous

Juniors
Fair enough Devout. But I can assure that he has been on the field more than most players.

1998: 20 tries from 22 games, the second highest in the competition.
1999: 24 tries from 26 matches, the highest in the competition.
2000: 25 tries from 26 matches, the highest in the competition.
2001: 27 tries from 28 matches, the highest in the competition (and a club record previously held by Tom Ryan who scored 26 tries in 1957).
2002: Injured and then went to Union.
2003: Played for the Waratahs. Returned to Saints. Scored 14 tries from 12 matches , the highest in the club (first grade).
2004: Injured, missed training... the writing on the wall.

Dragon

Coach
Willow, talk him out of it champ... its bloody depressing.

But good luck Tingha. Get some $$$ b4 its too late.

Anonymous

Juniors
lol. I don't know him. I just got on the phone to someone else who was a 'sure bet' as they say. ;-)

It's probably for the best. There's been a bit turmoil for Tingha over the last couple of years.

MrT

Juniors
HULL CONFIRM BLACKLOCK CAPTURE
Thursday 12th August 2004

Blacklock: Hull move

More Rugby League stories:

Top Rugby League action on your PC!
Wildcats open Ellis talks

Fixtures
Results
Top Point Scorers
Top Try Scorers
Tables

Hull FC have announced the signing of former Australia winger Nathan Blacklock from St George Illawarra Dragons on a two-year contract.

The ambitious KC Stadium outfit have already signed Melbourne captain Stephen Kearney for next year, and will replace departing winger Colin Best with Blacklock.

In what is effectively a straight swap, 28-year-old Blacklock will leave the Dragons at the end of the year for Hull, with Best having already signed with the NRL club for 2005.

Blacklock, who returned to the Dragons last year following a spell in rugby union, has signed a two-year deal with Hull.

"I'm really looking forward to coming over to England and playing with Hull FC in a strong competition," said Blacklock.

"I've been watching and monitoring the progress of Hull throughout the season and they've been going very well.

"I've been impressed with their half-back combination of Richard Horne and Paul Cooke and also Shaun Briscoe at full back."

Blacklock, who makes his return from a knee problem with the Dragons' second string this weekend, earned two caps for Australia in 2001 and was the NRL's leading try scorer for two successive years.

"The signing of Nathan is a very exciting one for all concerned and his try scoring record has been second to none in recent years down under," said Hull's first team coach John Kear.

"I'm sure he will contribute greatly with our offensive work at the KC Stadium and become a new hero for the Hull FC faithful.

"Following on from the recent capture of Stephen Kearney, this is further indication of the intent of Hull FC to further establish ourselves amongst the elite of British Rugby League."

Blacklock has scored 118 tries in 140 appearances in the NRL for Sydney City and the Dragons, and he is also an able back-up goalkicker.

He completes Hull's overseas quota for 2005, alongside Kearney and Kiwi hooker Richard Swain.

aussie_londoner

Juniors
i reckon a some new scenery and a fresh chanllenge might be good for tingha, i dont think he was all in it at the dragons, especially after missing training.

how do you reckon he will adapt to the UK? is he a family man or anything like that?

Anonymous

Juniors
I agree that a change is as good as a holiday and it'll be a good challenge.
He went throught a split up in 2002. But like most country lads, he is (reportedly) very close to his extended family in Tingha.

A bit of a home town hero and he paid for the Tingha swimming pool to be built so the kids wouldn't have to swim in the local dam. He also underwrites some community program which encourages education and sporting activities for aboriginal children. When all is said and done, Nathan Blacklock is the real deal.

I'm sure he knows what to expect in England but it's quite a big change.

Collateral

Coach
It is a sad day no doubt, but like someone said, its a step foward.

Best, Niaqama, Greenshields or Youngquest can all turn into outstanding wingers.

Best of Luck to Nathan, he is a champion and I hope he rips the ESL up (shouldnt be too hard) and earns a truck load...he deserves it.

Godz Illa

Coach
This is sad news. The end of an era indeed - feels like I've lost a close member of the family. Farewell Nathan, my favourite Dragon. Thanks for the multitude of memories.

mypic99.jpg

spooky

Juniors
Don't worry, we'll look after him at Hull. Personally I reckon he's gonna love the very vocal Hull support and they are going to go nuts for him.

As someone has said, hopefully the new surroundings will bring the best out of him. Hull are now a very creative, attack minded side so a player like Blacklock should have a field day. I can't wait to see him in action next year.

Here's hoping he will be joining the SL9 champions. :D

TinghaInMotion

Juniors
Some of you people forget so easily. He has more natural skill, talent and flare than most wingers in the game. His poor form recently was due to injury. The guy is something special not just an ordinary first grade winger like Carlaw, Simmonds or Best. Plus he is a great character and crowd pleaser.

I was disapointed to see the pig go, now i am totally depressed!! :( :( :(

TinghaInMotion

Juniors
Biglance said:
and colin BEST could be better so lets not worry i mean its cricket season next anyway

Could be better? i doubt that Biglance. No one can be better then Tingha. Theres only one Tingha!!

Godz Illa said:
This is sad news. The end of an era indeed - feels like I've lost a close member of the family. Farewell Nathan, my favourite Dragon. Thanks for the multitude of memories.

Well said :clap: my thoughts exactly. hes my favourite player too.

Good bye Tingha!! :(

Good luck at Hull ( i hope you get sick of the weather and come back :D )

drake

First Grade
f**k what a bunch of fair weather friends. Ting has been out of sorts lately, but give him his due. the bloke has done so much for our club since he joined. I'll be sending him an email through his website to wish him well and thank him.

Fare thee well Nathan.
Leading tryscorer three years in a row.
Tryscoring machine.
Show those pommies how its done mate.
:(

Latest posts