What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Try of the Week, Rd 4

Try of the Week?

• Eric Grothe

Votes: 57 39.3%
  • David Faiumu

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Paul Mellor

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Anthony Minichiello

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • Matt Orford

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Adam Mogg

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Luke Lewis

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • David Howell

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Manu Vatuvei

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Shane Elford (1st try, ie, backline movement)

• Daniel Fitzhenry (3rd try, ie, flick pass from Collis)

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Ryan Hoffman

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Since when was Matt Sing a speedster (not for a few years, that's for sure). Manu Vatuvei is 110kg and he would have run away from him as well. Grothe was always going to score that try as soon as he got the ball.

Ron Jeremy said:
You'll find that Grothe Snr was about 10kg heavy though...

I'd have to see hard stats to believe that. Grothe Senior was a big winger in his era, but I wouldn't think 10kg heavier than his son. Grothe Jr would be around the 90kg mark at bare minimum, meaning dad's fighting weight would have to be 100kg+.

Mr Saab

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
You'll find that Grothe Snr was about 10kg heavy though...and even though Grothe Jnr has a wonderful fend, i think you'll find Grothes snr was more explosive.

I dont know about that.
Grothe Snr was alot more solid that his son, but Grothe has the height on him and Grothe Jnr is at least 93-95Kg, and i dont think Grothe Snr was 110.

Latest posts