What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turdesco

Vic Mackey

Referee
Let it go and breathe... FFS the bloke has a chance to go play in a stable and strong team that can win a premiership(s)

I would do the same too. Footy careers are short!

He always played well for us and never threw games like some other flops

Teddy is the only one I’d take back as he didn’t openly bag the club. Since he’s left there’s been a few small remarks here and there that I didn’t think were needed from him but nothing over the top.

On the field he generally put in however in 2017 between Origin 1 & 3 he didn’t play a single game for the club. He told them he had an ankle injury, yet the clubs doctors told him he was fine to play. It’s clear he decided we weren’t important and his focus was on NSW. That did and always will eerk me.

Teds a bit too pleased with himself these days.

This kid was all decked up in the tiger costume, (tail and everything) and s/he’s almost in tears after the loss to the roosters. This kid is our future.

That’s a bit more moving than Teddy’s self righteous poncing about for the press.

If you don’t have values....you don’t have anything.

In our land and in our club, when you do good things, you don’t have to ram it down everyone’s throats.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Fans are expected to be loyal, we can bag our own players but year in, year out we still support them.

Players, these days are employees and they get poached, they ask for releases, a new coach may not like a particular player (Taylor v Farah) and that can lead to bad times for squad and fans, a new coach may bring in a particular player (Bennett & Boyd) and then they both move on, or what about Cleary bringing in Packer & Mataulino, how did they feel when Cleary left?

Clubs are not loyal to them so in turn, those employees do not have to be loyal to the club, it’s life in the modern era of professional support.

Teddy left a rabble of a club with how many coaches in his time ? He would have been grateful for what the Tigers did in his early years but he doesn’t have to get on a soap box and tell the world that he is.

As I said, Unbelievable football, would go close to being the Best # 1 for NSW in the SOO era in front of Jack & Mini. Love watchinghim, he's a great fullback.

Agree 100%.

I feel for Tedesco. The first time he was considering leaving, Farah talked him around. Then he got to watch first hand what the happened to man who convinced him to stay and what the club really thought about loyalty.

Since he's moved on, he's gone to a successful well run club and helped deliver them a premiership and won two State of Origins. I don't think the Roosters have made him a better player, but they have certainly provided an environment where he can flourish.

Hopefully under Madge and Pascoe, our club can become consistently successful like the Roosters and be a place where talented players can thrive.

Tiger05

First Grade
On the field he generally put in however in 2017 between Origin 1 & 3 he didn’t play a single game for the club. He told them he had an ankle injury, yet the clubs doctors told him he was fine to play. It’s clear he decided we weren’t important and his focus was on NSW. That did and always will eerk me.

Exactly. He didn't put in all the time. He was also a great player when he was with us.

Tigerm

First Grade
Teds a bit too pleased with himself these days.

This kid was all decked up in the tiger costume, (tail and everything) and s/he’s almost in tears after the loss to the roosters. This kid is our future.

That’s a bit more moving than Teddy’s self righteous poncing about for the press.

If you don’t have values....you don’t have anything.

In our land and in our club, when you do good things, you don’t have to ram it down everyone’s throats.
I bet the kid decked out in a roosters suit (feathers and everything) was strutting his stuff, he moved on (unfortunately) the club has as well, time we did.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I still believe Tim Brasher is NSWs best ever fullback (he’s also played the most games there) however Tedesco will no doubt over take him shortly
Judging it subjectively id have to agree about the Burwood United junior although objectively speaking Jimmy Jack was peerless.

How I’d luv right now to have jimmy jack at fullback & Brasher in the centres

I still believe Tim Brasher is NSWs best ever fullback (he’s also played the most games there) however Tedesco will no doubt over take him shortly
It’s funny the things you forget, I forgot that Brasher played fullback, so many outstanding performances as a centre for the club. One thing he had all over Jack, Mini and Teddy was the fact that he could kick goals.

Hated it when he went to Souths though.

magpie_man

Juniors
I don’t necessarily believe that’s true, his 2016 season was insane, as was his 2017 Origin Series. It’s moreso that he’s in a great team and in nearly 2 years with them hasn’t missed a single fcking game through injury. With us he played 90 of 144 possible games, that’s only 62%. He also had 4 reasonably major injuries which effected a lot of those games.

How much of his injury-free run now is due to the support of a competent medical and physio staff? It's impossible to tell but worthy of consideration.
I'd say he has taken his game to a new level at Easts by adding a bit more playmaking to it - he's no Joey Johns but he can definitely throw a pretty decent cut-out pass and catch-and-pass these days.
The flipside is that at Easts he is just another cog in the machine whereas with Wests he was like the big, athletic kid in under-8s that you'd always throw the ball to to score all of your tries.
I was as salty as the Dead Sea when it all came out that he was leaving but have moved on to acceptance now. It's a little bit like dating an absolute knock-out in high school only for her to move onto bigger and better things once she realises there's a bigger world outside of high school. Some stars just shine too bright...

We made him the player he is today and he’s a bitter and ungrateful pig.

A lot of good sides have players who take a cold bath to help out.

Not Tedesco, he’s up and out of the trench before the last bloke in the squad enlisted.

E1F878AD-B948-42D0-A4EE-8CAC92B2A5C7.jpeg
This is what a hero looks like Teddy. Suck it up.

stryker

First Grade
I dont like Tedesco as a person. He is arrogant and smug. Ive heard reports he is also a diva. The success he is enjoying doesnt help any of these traits. It will make him worse.
That said, we are footy fans - not his mates or colleagues who have to put up with his shit persona. Our judgement should center on his playing...and man is he in form.

When he was with us we all knew he was greater than the media and other fans made out and we were the ones shouting his name to anyone that would listen. That little piece of fan ownership is what makes many so angry IMO. It seems the same people I was telling 4 years ago how good he is are the same ones telling me now.

As for his shift to the Roosters...it was always going to be paved with gold. He will retire with multiple premierships, awards and rep glory ala when Fittler left Penrith. He will challenge Slater as the code's most elite custodian. Would this have happened had he stayed with us? Not a chance in hell. He made the right decision no matter how much we hate it and despise him for it. At the end of the day it is this club's fault.

Vic Mackey

Referee
How much of his injury-free run now is due to the support of a competent medical and physio staff? It's impossible to tell but worthy of consideration.
I'd say he has taken his game to a new level at Easts by adding a bit more playmaking to it - he's no Joey Johns but he can definitely throw a pretty decent cut-out pass and catch-and-pass these days.
The flipside is that at Easts he is just another cog in the machine whereas with Wests he was like the big, athletic kid in under-8s that you'd always throw the ball to to score all of your tries.
I was as salty as the Dead Sea when it all came out that he was leaving but have moved on to acceptance now. It's a little bit like dating an absolute knock-out in high school only for her to move onto bigger and better things once she realises there's a bigger world outside of high school. Some stars just shine too bright...

I’m not going to pretend I know a huge amount about injury prevention etc however look at his history

2012 - ACL 30 mins into his debut. These are unfotunate non contact injuries, don’t think you can put it down to anything we’ve done. I could be wrong but I don’t believe we’ve had a single ACL injury since

2014 - high grade syndemosis - this could be one, bit could also be connected to said ACL

2014 - busted knee cap, freak collision injury contesting a kick off. Nothing could be done

2016 - broken jaw - Ryan James swinging arm, nothing could be done (i have no doubt this cost us a finals spot)

2017 - low grade syndemosis in Origin 1, like I said our medical staff cleared him to play but he chose to sit out to be right for Origin

From what I’ve heard injuries like hamstrings can often be put down to poor management/training etc however I’m not sure any of the above can be

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
seriously just watch this, he has always been a gun. what has he ever done for the roosters in a game that isnt below?

stryker

First Grade
seriously just watch this, he has always been a gun. what has he ever done for the roosters in a game that isnt below?

Yep and in a way thats my point. No one other than Wests Tigers fans considered him a gun until 2017. He was a gun at least 2 years previous. The only thing the Roosters have fixed is his passing game. He is however still a hog. That has always been a weakness along with poor defensive positioning. I believe rep footy fixed his weakness at the back but being a hog is his glory hound personality.

Anyway I digress...Roosters, NSW and the Kangaroos will all benefit from his move as he will be surrounded with elite players for the rest of his career, pushing him to greater heights.

magpie_man

Juniors
I’m not going to pretend I know a huge amount about injury prevention etc however look at his history

2012 - ACL 30 mins into his debut. These are unfotunate non contact injuries, don’t think you can put it down to anything we’ve done. I could be wrong but I don’t believe we’ve had a single ACL injury since

2014 - high grade syndemosis - this could be one, bit could also be connected to said ACL

2014 - busted knee cap, freak collision injury contesting a kick off. Nothing could be done

2016 - broken jaw - Ryan James swinging arm, nothing could be done (i have no doubt this cost us a finals spot)

2017 - low grade syndemosis in Origin 1, like I said our medical staff cleared him to play but he chose to sit out to be right for Origin

From what I’ve heard injuries like hamstrings can often be put down to poor management/training etc however I’m not sure any of the above can be

That's a fair summation there; it appears that a lot of his injuries at WT were just bad luck.
At any rate, the way I see it is that he's only going to go on to even greater things at Easts (more Premierships, more Origin victories, Dally Ms etc) and there's no use being bitter about it because it's not going to affect him one iota and it's just going to give Easts fans more material to crow about.
I'm not gonna lie: Instagram posts with him in a Roosters jersey saying: "how good is finals football" pisses me off, but what can you do?
Greg Inglis bashed his partner and was awarded Australian captain; Thurston got up to all sorts of shenanigans at Coffs Harbour and is celebrated as a top bloke - everyone loves a winner.

WA Tiger

Bench

I’ve learnt more in the hard times. That’s just me. I don’t think he’s any better now from the video. Check the forward pass 2nd try from the end of video .. 5m minimum ...

Last edited:
I will never begrudge a player for leaving for more money and/or the chance to win a premiership, considering the shit show this joint has been. I never feel as though Teddy has disrespected the club at all. The players I do begrudge are those who tank or shirk their duties to get out of here (Mr Moses & Mr Te'o both stand out).

WA Tiger

Bench
Move over Tedesco
TFF reader David Davies has a builder who is entirely underwhelmed by the selection of James Tedesco as the Origin man of the series.

“It should have gone to the man who spent most time on the field over the course of all three matches,” he said flatly. “Alfie Langer.”

Front-Rower

First Grade
I wish I could play with one of the greatest half backs of the modern era and the best up and coming five eight in the game. The space they create for him is incredible. It’s nearly akin to the space Prince created for Marshall back in the day.

I don’t believe that Tedesco will win you games consistently but he will win you games if he is given the right conditions.

WA Tiger

Bench
Tigers Vs Easts in grand final...Bullshit!!! And we win...I’m like that...We’d all love The Turd then...I predict Mbye has his best game tomorrow..I notice we play Raiders next week.