What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turvey has just resigned

knightmair

Juniors
Its a Dogs World said:
melon.... said:
Now all the game and the club needs is to *edited and warning -W*, and get on with the game.

alleged gutless bastards

Maybe you should stay on the bench until the fact's are all out

:roll: moron

Regardless of alleged, something untoward did happen.
Maybe you should be venting at your players. I wonder how they feel now
that Mortimer has been forced to resign? A finer ambassador for the game you would not find. Yes, he may not have handled things well, but he put his hand up after the salory cap rort and didn't deserve this.

I don't feel sorry for the bulldogs supporters that blindly support their players regardless. I do feel for those that are angry and hurt by their players actions though.

Kaz

junior
Turvey didn't have the support of his board.

It is a shame he is gone, as he was doing his best.

But the see no evil, speak no evil & hear no evil, still existes with the Dogs.

Chook

First Grade
I understand John Ribot is looking for a gig? Two superleague heroes re-united, a match made in hell.

And please enough with the "alleged" crap. Something MUST have happened for Turvey to step down else why would he? Why not wait till the facts come out, as he has said many times throughout this? I'd say the moment is fast approaching for formal charges to be laid and Turvey has bailed. That sword at Canterbury must be well and truly blunt by now with everyone falling on it?

Chook.

*Admin note: It is "alleged" until proven otherwise, even if charges are laid, it is still "alleged" - W*

innsaneink

Referee
knightmair said:
that Mortimer has been forced to resign? A finer ambassador for the game you would not find. Yes, he may not have handled things well, but he put his hand up after the salory cap rort and didn't deserve this.

I don't feel sorry for the bulldogs supporters that blindly support their players regardless. I do feel for those that are angry and hurt by their players actions though.

I agree wholeheartedly Knightmair......Bulldog supporters have been let down big time....the most famous bulldog of all has found the need to walk out....another has been sacked....the board sits back, does nothing except fine 2 players for shorts n t-shirt wearing(heavvvy!! :roll: )and lets bulldog fans continue to support scum that has caused all this.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Back to selling shuffle-boards at Green Pines Retirement Village, Turvey...

He was never the right man for the job.

Cheers,
Ben S.

ibeme

First Grade
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/dogbites.asp?ID=1318&SN=1

It is with a deep sense of sadness that I inform you that I have tendered my resignation as CEO and as a Director of the Bulldogs to the Board this morning.

I have spoken to my friends and family over the week and considered my position. In my role as CEO, I have to take some of the responsibility for the events of the last few weeks. I can honestly say that I have done my best at all times in the interests of the Club and its players, and I appreciate the support that I have had from George Peponis and the Board.

When I came into this position after the salary cap crisis I worked with George to establish an outstanding Board of Directors. I now want to congratulate George and the Board for their strong leadership, particularly during the last few days when difficult decisions had to be made that I know and believe will benefit the club in the long term.

As a former player, ambassador & CEO, the Bulldogs are known and should always be remembered as the ‘family club’. I know that as the Club moves forward that those fundamental values won’t change, but what the Board and I have made clear recently is that nepotism and reluctance to be answerable to community standards and expectations will not be tolerated.

In addition to working with our sponsors, I am proud to have implemented a number of initiatives at the Club that were designed to help the players understand their role within the community and to assist them with vocational and other educational training.

The last few weeks have been traumatic and gut wrenching for all concerned, but now is the time for healing, and for all those who genuinely care about the Club to turn their attention and energy to rebuilding it and restoring the Club’s reputation for fair play and good sportsmanship.

The Club has one of the finest traditions in rugby league history, and it has been my pleasure and privilege to serve it, both as a player and as its CEO. For the first time in 21 years the Club made a profit in the last financial year and its performance on the field cannot be questioned.

I know it will once again be great with the help and support of players, fans, and our sponsors.

Thank you for coming here this morning and I will now hand over to George Peponis.

Dogaholic

First Grade
knightmair said:
Its a Dogs World said:
melon.... said:
Now all the game and the club needs is to *edited and warning -W*, and get on with the game.

alleged gutless bastards

Maybe you should stay on the bench until the fact's are all out

:roll: moron

I agree with that. I have hear rumours in regards to the alleged pointing the finger at almost ever player in the team with the exception of a few. So which players should i be angry at? Let justice run it's course and those who are guilty, will be proven guilty and as far as i am concerned...if guilty i hope they are comfortable next to skaf n co.

But until that time. Who am I to prejudge someone?

PS. I hope that ANY players who are guilty are brought to justice.

JK

Some people on this board are real f*ckers.

Can't even let a great man & player go with dignity.

You must all be wonderful human beings :roll:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Feeling for you bulldogs.
Keep showing up, that is really all you can do.
Very sad times for your proud club.

ouwet

Bench
Mr Angry said:
Feeling for you bulldogs.
Keep showing up, that is really all you can do.
Very sad times for your proud club.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
This has been a devastating few weeks for Bulldog fans... But all of us are proud too be Bulldog Supporters and proud of our club! We will continue too support and turn out in big numbers too the games!
Turvey Thanks for being Turvey and thanks for your loyalty and love for our great club!!!!

Proud To Be A Bulldog!!!!

[furrycat]

Coach
Melon... Answer me this:

1. Are you involved in the police investigation?
2. Do you know all the true facts, not biastly presented by the media?
3. Do you have any brain capacity whats so ever?

Answer to all three is No. You don't know the case... So be quiet and let the police do it themselves. No one wants to hear your speculation or your comments about it.

sretsoor

Juniors
If I were a Bulldogs fan Id be demanding the players names and demanding they be stood down with/ without pay until the whole matter is cleared by the police.

At the moment its the players at the very least who have broken the club code of conduct yet some of your own legends are being forced out of the club. Somehow it would appear that the players are getting off scot free and your it's your managers fault. Thats what it looks like from an outsider anyway.

It's a sad day for the club.

ngap

Juniors
I think this paragraph says it all

I know that as the Club moves forward that those fundamental values won’t change, but what the Board and I have made clear recently is that nepotism and reluctance to be answerable to community standards and expectations will not be tolerated.

There are obviously people inside the club who feel that things should be hidden and are above the law and do not want to change. He was headed in the right direction but.................

Maroubra Eel

Coach
[furrycat said:
]Melon... Answer me this:

1. Are you involved in the police investigation?
2. Do you know all the true facts, not biastly presented by the media?
3. Do you have any brain capacity whats so ever?

Answer to all three is No. You don't know the case... So be quiet and let the police do it themselves. No one wants to hear your speculation or your comments about it.
Don't take any notice of melon. He is just the resident idiot on this forum.

As the club have let heads roll over this situation. the innuendo cant diminish.
Sure Hughes had to go....He was there in charge
Mortimer gave instructions to get in suits...What do they do?...Shorts etc
If your the boss and you say suits..You mean suits!
He must not have had the support of the players and as such probably had to go in my opinion.You cant have the inmates running the asylum but in this case, if the boss is ignored, then its the boss that goes...Go figure.....
Its been handled badly and the players involved from the alleged incident right through to the turning up in t-shirts for questioning should be ashamed.
they have brought a proud club to its knees with more to come.

PB

Bench
ibeme said:
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/dogbites.asp?ID=1318&SN=1

It is with a deep sense of sadness that I inform you that I have tendered my resignation as CEO and as a Director of the Bulldogs to the Board this morning. ....

The last few weeks have been traumatic and gut wrenching for all concerned, but now is the time for healing, and for all those who genuinely care about the Club to turn their attention and energy to rebuilding it and restoring the Club’s reputation for fair play and good sportsmanship.

No its not Steve, and thats why, unfortunatly you weren't up to the job.
It is not a time for healing, it is a time for answers, and for action!

I feel for bulldogs supporters as your CEO, who is a hero to most of you, but Steve has either been told by others he is not up to it or....found out things he didnt want to know, and is to gutless, to lay a heavy hand to those who deserve it!

thomo

Juniors
ibeme said:
Here's another SMH poll, although this one puts forward a legitimate question with legitmate options:

http://smh.com.au/polls/sport/results.html
Off topic - obviously no one gives a stuff about sport on ABC! :D

ABC sports coverage : Rate the new change

Excellent - 0%
OK - 0%
Not much different - 0%
Poor - 0%
Unsporting - 0%
Outrageous - 0%
Don't care - 0%
Total Votes: 0 Poll date: 17/03/04

Southernsaint

Staff member
They stuffed the sports forums on the ABC, causig everyone to flee to other boards & sports news is ancient by the time it hits their homepage - I'm not surprised no-one's answered their poll...

Cheers,
Ben S.

JJ

Immortal
Classic bulldogs rubbish, the players (current) are an absolute disgrace - how much more evidence do we need of that. Many of them might be good players, but they are stupid, greedy, school-ground bullies off the field - disgraceful.

Turvey is a man and player that I have great respect for, he has been shown y=to be very honourable, his only problem is that he loves that club