What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV coverage of the finals outside heartlands

shaggy

Juniors
adealaide had the finals games shown last yr but they were on l8 & from what i can remember their was only 1 sat game, so im guessin this yr will be the same, its the same deal 4 afl fans with the afl match 2morrow night shown l8 @ night in syd & perth, im movin 2 adelaide next wk so goin 2 a state where their is minimal league coverage but hey thats part of the reason im movin down their, should be fun

Nuke

Staff member
I am disgusted by Ch9's coverage in non-League states. How their heads can be so far up their own arses is amazing to me.

I have Imparja. Have done so since about June/July. It is a VAST improvement on Ch9. Imparja is a station that knows how to be impartial with it's sports. League and aussie rules get even amounts of coverage on the news and ad breaks. The two sports are shown in prime-time - usually one after the other. Yes, there's more aussie rules on Imparja than the NRL, but that's simply because aussie rules has more games on free-to-air than League does.

Even still, the Tigers-Cowboys game was on at 9:30pm (WA time) on Imparja and 11pm (WA time) on country WA's WIN station. I'm about to have a look at the tv guide as to when the other 3 games are on this weekend, but they're not live as I would've liked. The Grand Final will be (as was the 3 Origins), but I'll be at the GF itself, so I won't be able to make use of it then.

In summary, I suggest that Imparja is the way to go.
It rocks!

Nuke

Staff member
Here we go, the NRL coverage for this upcoming week on Imparja:

Saturday 10th September
4:30pm (WA time) - Brisbane Broncos vs. Melbourne Storm from Suncorp Stadium

10pm (WA time) - St.George-Illawarra Dragons vs. Cronulla Sharks from WIN Stadium

Sunday 11th September:
3pm (WA time) - Parramatta Eels vs. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles from Parramatta Stadium.

Thursday 15th September:
7:30pm (WA time) - The Footy Show.

Latest posts