What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tv in melbourne?

Gooba

Juniors
gday all

Does anyone know if the nrl grand final will be shown live in melbourne?

Cheers!

Yes It will be shown Live .

I doubt that we will get any prematch stuff so it may be a case of going to the Pub anyways
:D

BTW I belive that we will get a chance to see delayed (meaning 2:00am) replays of all the finals matches. :D

TF for Ten haveing GaFL finals rights :D

camsmith

Juniors
hey yeh, if ten has the AFL rights.. we SHOULD get the NRL finals LIVE!

But i guess we wont?

Surandy

Bench
Gooba said:
beauty thanks! first time ever im gonna be down there on gf day

You poor bugger, only way it could be worse was if you were in Adelaide or Perth on GF day. If recent years are anything to go by then as soon as the match finishes Nein will cut the coverage, ie no presentations, replays, etc.

Cletus

First Grade
Surandy said:
You poor bugger, only way it could be worse was if you were in Adelaide or Perth on GF day. If recent years are anything to go by then as soon as the match finishes Nein will cut the coverage, ie no presentations, replays, etc.
I lived in Adelaide in 96 and had to wait till 2am to watch the grand final. Coverage down there is hopeless.

Worse than hopeless. :evil:

But then again with the RL being pulled from those two states I don't think the general population cares to much for league anymore.

Hope it don't happen here (Melbourne)

Thunderstruck said:
It's a 19 inch black and white with a dial to switch the channels on the tv.

Hey.... Not Me.... :D

I bought a colour TV back from QLD......:D

The only probpem is that is is a hour behind in the Summer.
:badgrin: :oops:

Onan the barbarian said:
I lived in Adelaide in 96 and had to wait till 2am to watch the grand final. Coverage down there is hopeless.

I was in Adelaide for the 1975 finals series and I had to ring Sydney to get the results.

Anything is up from that.

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I was in Adelaide for the 1975 finals series and I had to ring Sydney to get the results.

Anything is up from that.

last couple of years the GF has been on at 10.30 or 11 or something.

mid 90s when AFL was on 7 and there was only 1 Adelaide AFL side, 9 use to have sundays game live here (around 93-95 from memory) and from what I hear the Rams had a reasonable backing from the general public (crowd figures probably don't reflect it though)...almost no chance of the NRL making inroads here now without a lot of investment

Latest posts