What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twenty/20 WORLD CUP 2014

TheParraboy

Staff member
Warner never got going, but cant blame the bloke after 2 epic test series performances, give me those any day of the week over t20

TheParraboy

Staff member
Watson massive fail

3 games, 7 runs off 16 balls ave 2.33, S/R 43.75

Hodge batted too slow

3 games, 47 runs off 50 balls S/R 106.38

Bollinger did well
12 overs economy 7.16

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully the experiment of picking old farts is over???

How would you leave your best player of spin out of the tournament in Smith????

They picked a crap side and were flogged.

and we open the bowling with a 40 year old fart

vvvrulz

Coach
The big show was easily our best

142 runs, ave 47.33, S/R 211.94 (12x4s, 12x6s)
7 overs, 1 wicket @48, economy 6.85
4 catches

Watson massive fail

3 games, 7 runs off 16 balls ave 2.33, S/R 43.75

Hodge batted too slow

3 games, 47 runs off 50 balls S/R 106.38

Bollinger did well
12 overs economy 7.16

I'm not a particular fan or hater of The Show & Sunshine... but seriously pulling out T20 statistics on them is completely and utterly meaningless.

As is this whole tournament.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'm not a particular fan or hater of The Show & Sunshine... but seriously pulling out T20 statistics on them is completely and utterly meaningless.

As is this whole tournament.

How is it meaningless? They apply to our 3 failed games in this tournemant

If you gonna attack someone for bringing up factual information on our demise, try and be constructive rather than blow hot air

vvvrulz

Coach
How is it meaningless? They apply to our 3 failed games in this tournemant

If you gonna attack someone for bringing up factual information on our demise, try and be constructive rather than blow hot air

:lol: Mate first of all I am NOT attacking you.

This is purely a stab at the brand of slap and giggle T20 cricket where batsmen walk out to RRR's of 10+, any strike rate below 100 is booed and the ugliest full tosses get cheap wickets.

I'm no Watson fanboy but you can't call him a failure based on three T20 games. Whatever he is, he is a far far superior cricketer to Glenn Maxwell the difference is not even funny.

This is a game where the Netherlands can compete against South Africa and Hong Kong can beat Bangladesh. All due respect but those two sides wouldn't even have a hope in 50 over cricket let alone tests.

In this game, stats mean little and in a sample size of three almost nothing.

TheParraboy

Staff member
fmd

This thread is about the 2014 t20 world cup, Im not talking about Netherlands competing, Im not talking about booing or cheap wickets.

Based on what they did in the past in t20, guys like Watson and warner lets us down in this tournament. Do you agree with that?

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
The good looking batting lineup just never fired a shot, just the usual spin issue. And in the end not a balanced enough bowling attack.

blaza88z

Coach
The format is a joke, I hate the fact that a team can win a game based on the efforts of 1 guy, that's not a team sport for mine. That's a sport that encourages players with big egos, as the saying goes.. it's just not cricket

The fact that Glenn Maxwell is trying to reverse sweep a world class spin bowler is exactly why I hate the format and every team of significance has at least 1 big headed larrikin who tries to be the hero, I think the ICC recognizes that the format is meant for entertainment only with the light up bails and such

The team that wins the tournament won't be the best team in the comp, it will be entirely dependent on which big headed larrikin performs on the day

Big Sam

First Grade
Leaving aside the Sri Lanka game, the Dutch came within a bee's dick of winning every other match at the tournament.

Such a shame they didn't make the WC next year.

At least they can take comfort out of the fact that they are the best T20 team in Europe...

vvvrulz

Coach
Based on what they did in the past in t20, guys like Watson and warner lets us down in this tournament. Do you agree with that?

Yep I do.

I question the relevance of it though, stats wise yes they were poor in this tournament but does it really mean a thing in the cricketing landscape?

I don't really consider T20 to be 'cricket'

JJ

Immortal
:lol: We are Herath's bitch in those conditions... and to think Boult and Williamson probably don't go if not for others being merkins

Latest posts