What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Friday Night Games

Brutus

Referee
Lowdown said:
2 Friday Night Games - sucks if you live in Melbourne.

Rather than one game being shown at midnight, you now get two games shown after midnight.

It sucks. Wish Foxtel could show them earlier for Melbourne viewers, and dont see why tghey can't. Channel 9 should be shot...

There's a Storm v Broncos Fri night game coming up. Surely that will be shown earlier than midnight in Melbourne. Should show it live.

tye

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
LOL 3pm sat arvo, i think its tye that has been doing the drinking.

Yeah i guess we don't have the same mad supporters that the Afl do. They manage to fill there stadiums on sat arvo.

lockyno1

Post Whore
tye said:
Yeah i guess we don't have the same mad supporters that the Afl do. They manage to fill there stadiums on sat arvo.

a) bigger stadiums

b) the saturday games in AFL still usually have the worst crowds, saturday night and sunday and friday are their big 3 timeslots.

c) We are not in Victoria!

Razor

Coach
tye said:
Can somebody please explain the benefits of having 2 friday night games of footy to me.

It's awesome.

It's so much better than 2 Saturday night games, when a lot of people go out Saturdays and miss the 2nd game.

2 Friday @ 7:30
2 Saturday @ 5:30 & 7:30
3 Sunday @ 2:00 & 3:00 & 7:30
1 Monday @ 7:30

Would be the best schedule

Razor

Coach
Why not try saturday afternoon 3pm kick of again. I'm sure it would rate higher than the 2nd game on the friday night.

Saturday is by far the lowest rating day in the week. If the League was on Saturday afternoon, it won't get half the viewers it would at Friday 9:30.

mattyg

Bench
i love the schedule as it is...4 days of league. Friday Nights with 2 games means there is double to look forward too, and its even better when your team is playing on friday. I can't wait for this friday and its only tuesday :fist:

shaggy

Juniors
Razor said:
It's awesome.

It's so much better than 2 Saturday night games, when a lot of people go out Saturdays and miss the 2nd game.

2 Friday @ 7:30
2 Saturday @ 5:30 & 7:30
3 Sunday @ 2:00 & 3:00 & 7:30
1 Monday @ 7:30

Would be the best schedule

yeah but if you have got the 7:30 game on sunday not as many people would go to it as people have school & work the next day, twilight would be better but still pushin it

mattyg

Bench
What about a Thursday Night game :crazy:

How good would that be for players recovery...Monday Night game then Thursday Night.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Something tells me there'd be sanctions against scheduling a Thursday match for a team that's just played Monday.

lockyno1

Post Whore
tye said:
Does anyone have any ratings for the 2nd friday night game?

I'll give you a tip, they are a hell of a lot better than any game on a mid saturday afternoon! There is a reason that timeslot was farked off- it flat out does not rate!