What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Friday Night Games

dragonfire

Bench
i think it is a great step for those footy fans who dont have access to pay tv, means get mone extra game a week and more chance of seeing each team play on free to air

lockyno1

Post Whore
tye said:
Atleast there is one person who agrees

Unlss you are 13..which is probally about right considering the stupidity of this question, I cannot see how any SANE person would be asleep at 9:30pm on a friday night!

6togo

Juniors
The reasoning behind the 2 games on Friday was to discourage Channel 7 from showing the games live into Brisbane and Sydney as it would be up against the live NRL and would not rate. The NRL wins as they have an arguement for more TV $$$ and the AFL have to put the AFL on Friday nights live on Foxtel.

Lockyer4President! said:
With an Origin match on Wednesday!
Players in origin dont play in the match the same week lol

lockyno1 said:
Unlss you are 13..which is probally about right considering the stupidity of this question, I cannot see how any SANE person would be asleep at 9:30pm on a friday night!

dude people who go to uni or school work flat out till friday

such as my self i m dead on friday arvos, though if both the games are good i ll watch them

tye

Juniors
6togo said:
The reasoning behind the 2 games on Friday was to discourage Channel 7 from showing the games live into Brisbane and Sydney as it would be up against the live NRL and would not rate. The NRL wins as they have an arguement for more TV $$$ and the AFL have to put the AFL on Friday nights live on Foxtel.

Thanks for that, makes more sense

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cruz- BrisBroncos said:
dude people who go to uni or school work flat out till friday

such as my self i m dead on friday arvos, though if both the games are good i ll watch them

Oh right becuase uni or school is just so hard...you get to wake up late. You are only there for 4 subjects a semester. And unless you are in yr12, school aint hard either as it is 9-3pm. Flat out..LMAO. People that have jobs work harder!

Hallatia

Referee
mattyg said:
What about a Thursday Night game :crazy:

How good would that be for players recovery...Monday Night game then Thursday Night.
City Country will be a Thursday night game, which means 5 days of footy

greenhat

Juniors
Lockyno1 mate if being a uni student is so great why aren't you doing it?

Students have to pay the same rent and bills and sh*t as everyone else. On top of that they do 4 classes a semester, giving them homework always hanging over their heads. It also means they have to work sh*t jobs at unusual times that don't clash with school.
I'd guess you've never had to wake up early on saturday to work some sh*tty job for minimum wage. But most uni students would have.

lockyno1 said:
Oh right becuase uni or school is just so hard...you get to wake up late. You are only there for 4 subjects a semester. And unless you are in yr12, school aint hard either as it is 9-3pm. Flat out..LMAO. People that have jobs work harder!

LMFAO i m in yr 12 and my bros in uni !!! LOLZZLLZLZLZLZOZLZLZOZLZ :lol: :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
greenhat said:
Lockyno1 mate if being a uni student is so great why aren't you doing it?

Students have to pay the same rent and bills and sh*t as everyone else. On top of that they do 4 classes a semester, giving them homework always hanging over their heads. It also means they have to work sh*t jobs at unusual times that don't clash with school.
I'd guess you've never had to wake up early on saturday to work some sh*tty job for minimum wage. But most uni students would have.

I have done uni and it is easy compared to doing a job fulltime.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I did for a period of time but not all throughout. Even so it has absolutely no point. In the workforce working a fulltime job is harder. Uni..well you spend more time at the bar than in class!

imasharkie

Coach
Razor said:
It's awesome.

It's so much better than 2 Saturday night games, when a lot of people go out Saturdays and miss the 2nd game.

2 Friday @ 7:30
2 Saturday @ 5:30 & 7:30
3 Sunday @ 2:00 & 3:00 & 7:30
1 Monday @ 7:30

Would be the best schedule

I'd change that to:

2pm live
4pm live
6pm live

Hallatia

Referee
imasharkie said:
I'd change that to:

2pm live
4pm live
6pm live
that sounds good, I liked the 12 idea but other people have problems with it, so the 6:00 game would be a night game,
the more live the better in my opinion

shaggy

Juniors
for all those people who are too tired to stay awake, have a sleep when you get home, wake up at 7:30 and watch two games of footy than you can go back to sleep if you want,