What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Original Name

Juniors
That’s exactly what he is doing. And good on him for sayIng f**k you to a weak as piss board who have shown gutless behaviour giving in to News Limited media pressure.

If the Panthers want to be an NRL powerhouse, then follow the example of the Roosters and Storm, who no way would of sacked a player for posting lyrics of a song on Twitter so they didn’t cop ant more media pressure.

I couldn’t care less whether they gave May another chance or fired him, as long as they were doing for the benefit of the Panthers. But to do it because they are caving in to negative media pressure, well we might as well add Hooper, Rothfield and Kent on to our Board.
Roosters and Storm would have sacked him in the first place when the videos first got released.

There is no such “clause” in his GBO, it doesn’t work that way. To breach it, he has to commit a criminal offence and not just any criminal offence either. Traffic offences for instance don’t count.

Its not America and this isn’t “Law and Order”.
Whatever he was given the boot and the Riff should be put on notice as a club for their post GF shenanigans including the players that supported his original post and are still backing him.- Mmm Brother gees you would like to think you would pick someone else

What Employer would keep someone on their books who was charged and found guilty of such an offence in any case?

Anyway the Mighty Atlanta Braves are World Series Champions - that's all that matters - Chop On Braves

1635937984331.png 1635938153472.png 1635938285118.png

Last edited:
What Employer would keep someone on their books who was charged and found guilty of such a offence in any case?

To be fair, the Roosters sacked BJ shortly after he was found guilty of distributing images. So, you do have some moral high ground there. And I think many on here would agree; should have been let go at the time.

But we all know we don’t have to go too far beyond this particularly disgusting crime to find examples at all clubs where criminals have been employed (often for other disgusting crimes).

BxTom

Bench
It's only on Panthers LU this idea of media pressure is a thing.
I don't like what May did originally. But he got punished and served his time. I know you will have trouble understanding simple concepts, but what happened today is that May got re-punished for the original offence. From the club statement "The Board also gave consideration to previous breaches in making the decision to terminate his contract at this time." This would not be allowed in a court - it is double jeopardy. But the board needed cap space and the press must have their way.

I may be in the minority (which I am quite used to) but I think the guys being on Instagram is great for the club. It is the way they communicate with a great number of the fans directly and from that perspective is wonderful. I also like that it is unfiltered and natural.

I appreciate it causes issues, but often that is the cost of doing business. And to be fair, the strength of the Panthers over the next 20 years has more to do with the ability of our players to connect with younger fans than it does with keeping us older folks or the mainstream media happy.

As an aside, I must admit I chuckle when I read some of the insults on here (some of which I have made) and then read the same people suggest that the players are misbehaving on social media and should be banned. I wonder if a neutral read our threads whether they would think we are good ambassadors for the club?

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench
My biggest concern is why didn't management have somebody (a minder or three) take all the phones away from players for a few days until they sobered up. It's not like we don't expect drunken footballers to do stupid things.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
To be fair, the Roosters sacked BJ shortly after he was found guilty of distributing images. So, you do have some moral high ground there. And I think many on here would agree; should have been let go at the time.

But we all know we don’t have to go too far beyond this particularly disgusting crime to find examples at all clubs where criminals have been employed (often for other disgusting crimes).
I’d like see how high their moral ground was if it was Victor or Teddy.

Lets see how they handle Teddy making fun of the young Asian lady.

Wizardman

First Grade
I may be in the minority (which I am quite used to) but I think the guys being on Instagram is great for the club. It is the way they communicate with a great number of the fans directly and from that perspective is wonderful. I also like that it is unfiltered and natural.

I appreciate it causes issues, but often that is the cost of doing business. And to be fair, the strength of the Panthers over the next 20 years has more to do with the ability of our players to connect with younger fans than it does with keeping us older folks or the mainstream media happy.

As an aside, I must admit I chuckle when I read some of the insults on here (some of which I have made) and then read the same people suggest that the players are misbehaving on social media and should be banned. I wonder if a neutral read our threads whether they would think we are good ambassadors for the club?
I will say this......if you are a high profile person such as an NRL player and have the brain of a kumquat, it is absolutely best to stay away from any form of social media. If they have a reasonably developed brain, don't comment on anything controversial and definitely don't sledge a pundit on social media.....there is always someone smarter to deliver a stinging response.

I’d like see how high their moral ground was if it was Victor or Teddy.

Lets see how they handle Teddy making fun of the young Asian lady.
At the end of the day it is Teddy’s word versus someone else’s. We can suspect all we want, but there is no proof either way. Personally, I don’t want another trial by media over this.

I will say this......if you are a high profile person such as an NRL player and have the brain of a kumquat, it is absolutely best to stay away from any form of social media. If they have a reasonably developed brain, don't comment on anything controversial and definitely don't sledge a pundit on social media.....there is always someone smarter to deliver a stinging response.
But their fans love the ability to interact with them directly, in an unfiltered way and instantaneously.

By all means educate the players around the consequences of their actions, but social media (and the way it is used now). builds their fan base and ultimately the game.

Wizardman

First Grade
But their fans love the ability to interact with them directly, in an unfiltered way and instantaneously.

By all means educate the players around the consequences of their actions, but social media (and the way it is used now). builds their fan base and ultimately the game.
Im sure every NRL player does some sort of course about social media. But, lets face it, some guys should simply not have a social media account...particularly young guys looking to forge their careers. Without social media, Tyrone May would still have an nrl career.

Original Name

Juniors
It's the lack of remorse that people don't like about May. Read all the article about the incident about it with quotes by May and it's him going on about how much, he hurt, how embarrassed he was, how ashamed he was to explain the situation to his little sister, etc and nobody f**king cares about the peruptetor over the victims. Out of the two girls he apologized to one of them in that text, he doesn't talk about the victims, about why he's sorry about what he did for the girls' sake. It's always how I let my team mates down, I let everyone who believed in me down, I let my family down, etc. About how shit the year where was stood down watching the team lose in 2019 was for him, etc. Nobody cares or sympathizes with someone getting the consequences of their own actions.

There was one article May was going on about himself and the one mention of the girls the actual victims was by Gus. It's all the same shit all his talk covering his sextape or the consequences of it.

That attitude is why people hate May, it's not what he did. That's why people who have been convicted of crimes still playing Tetevano or Lodge isn't the same and why May should stay f**ked off. Maybe Lodge is the same and he's just smart enough to give lip service (which doesn't say much for the intelligence of May) but I'm still willing to give him more slack than May who can just f**k off to cash converters to sell his ring.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
At the end of the day it is Teddy’s word versus someone else’s. We can suspect all we want, but there is no proof either way. Personally, I don’t want another trial by media over this.
There won’t be one. Teddy can do no wrong, he’ll give / gave his version of events, that will be excepted and we will all move on.

That’s the way this stuff works.

There won’t be one. Teddy can do no wrong, he’ll give / gave his version of events, that will be excepted and we will all move on.

That’s the way this stuff works.
Shouldn’t it work like that? There is no evidence that Teddy did anything wrong and (correct me if I am wrong) there is no suggestion that this is part of a wider pattern that might further corroborate the girl’s claims.

What would you like to see happen?

Iamback

Coach

That is it. Clubs, Fans and sponsors like the fan interaction

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That is it. Clubs, Fans and sponsors like the fan interaction

There must be a sensible balance.

How and why players had their phones on them without moderation, whilst getting and being drunk. Is amateur hour at it's finest.

That was one heck of a big fail by the club.

Next time and hopefully it's end of 2022. Someone should be employed by the club with say a 15 minute delay on it. So that photos, posts comments go through this 3rd individual before the general public sees it.

And for goodness sake make the players complete some social media training.

Some genuine training not just band aid stuff.