What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Munted

Bench
Would you be happy with that outcome?
Do you think management would cop any backlash as a result of it?
If the players want to leave based on this outcome, I'm fine with it. It's their choice to support their mate over their employer.
Based on the public facts, Penrith have made the right decision with Tyrone.

Pretty sure Taylan knows more of the situation than any of us.

Plenty of ways this could be interpreted:
- perhaps Tyrone knocked back other clubs to re-sign with us for 2022. Doubt those offers would still be on the table
- perhaps Tyrone pleaded guilty to his crimes to avoid having some other players names implicated in his actions
- perhaps Tyrone lied to the NRL Integrity Unit to help Nathan when he stupidly got busted on TikTok last year - actually this one is confirmed
All of these things are irrelevant in the context of the dopes behaviour post GF which post dates hypothesis above.
No stupid instagram story = no dismissal.

The guy could have been humble, posted something like "it's been a tough two years, let people down along the way and learnt some lessons about growing up and taking responsibility blah blah"
We would be talking about a different perception of Tyrone May, and he would still be employed.

Iamback

Coach
If the players want to leave based on this outcome, I'm fine with it. It's their choice to support their mate over their employer.

All of these things are irrelevant in the context of the dopes behaviour post GF which post dates hypothesis above.

The guy could have been humble, posted something like "it's been a tough two years, let people down along the way and learnt some lessons about growing up and taking responsibility blah blah"
We would be talking about a different perception of Tyrone May, and he would still be employed.

Ignore the result.
You have no issue with how the whole thing played out by the club from the time he was sentenced?

Munted

Bench
Ignore the result.
You have no issue with how the whole thing played out by the club from the time he was sentenced?
Oh, I honestly thought he was going to be let go after he got sentenced. Surprised the club retained him as he was a fringe player but others have been employed by the NRL for the same or worse crimes and his friendship with the clearys probably helped.

Is your issue with the club? Sorry, haven't seen all the posts here.

9D3FE5C5-526A-4868-8604-A64842BB7A56.jpegThese guys are the best of the Panthers.

They were here before and will be for long after the flips who seem hell bent on hurting the club and it’s image.

Helping thousands of kids in danger find their way through.

You should be extremely proud of them.

You can support their valuable work through a small donation.

Last edited:

snickers007

Juniors

Agreed.

But also could have been avoided if someone brought along a box, and put everyone's phone in it while they drank all the beer in QLD.

Might have just been delaying the inevitable, but also would have shown some level of competency from the club.

Next time it might not be someone so disposable being a f**kwit.

Munted

Bench
But also could have been avoided if someone brought along a box, and put everyone's phone in it while they drank all the beer in QLD.
Couldn't agree more mate. The small minority can't be trusted to think twice when on the grog and using their phone.
Nothing on social media gets missed, and nothing is easily erased or forgotten either.
They have to know that every post/word/picture will be scrutinised by somebody, don't leave anything open to interpretation and you're fine.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

But they May would still be here, so I'm kinda glad they didn't. Going forward though, sure. We have some morons on our team - like every single other team.

Before the sun rises, at the lounge room window, Tyrone will pull back the curtain and watch Nate jump into his car to head to training.

It’s these quiet moments that will hurt him the most. No one about to impress. Alone….

I think he should devote a couple of years of his life to charity. Things that are a lot more important than footy. Lift himself up and get himself back on his feet. Get his head right and make a come back of sorts.

He’s got a lot of opportunities to make a big positive difference and help people out.

He could volunteer to help out women’s refuges, pick up rubbish on beaches or take on some guide dog puppies to train. Help cook in the shelters, do those street runs to feed the homeless. Become one of those passenger guards that keep trains safe. He’s a big strong lad. Help the elderly with gardening and house maintenance for free.

And under my care program for him, the day will come when all people look forward to seeing him and all this fracas is forgiven and forgotten.

As @soc123_au says, being a footy player is great and worthy, but life is much bigger challenge.

He just needs to abandon what seems to be his current values and see the good in the alternative.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Oh, I honestly thought he was going to be let go after he got sentenced. Surprised the club retained him as he was a fringe player but others have been employed by the NRL for the same or worse crimes and his friendship with the clearys probably helped.

Is your issue with the club? Sorry, haven't seen all the posts here.

May stuffed up. Should of been sacked no doubt how it played out was handled poorly.

The club copped a PR Black eye with Hook's mates on NRL 360 when he was fired in August 2018.

A further hit with the way Cleary came across in Nov.

3 Months later the videos came to light. That is 3 bad PR hits in just over 6 months. Reading the room would of told you May has to go because it wasn't going to end well.

That option we aren't having this issue today.

The club chose to try and work with a clearly popular player to get on the right track. Which is the RL way

With that though needs to be extra measures. Players in other clubs get puff pieces from friends in the media. Show him doing things in the Community. Apologise to all involved. The radio silence and seemingly lack of remorse did more harm then good.

I can't remember him doing any media since. He was told to delete the post but not to release a statement?

Though on that. We know of 3 players May, Coleman and Philips that had videos. Yet seemingly the players are still allowed to be loose with Social media.

Even after Api used Social media to again hurt the clubs image did no one step up and censor the Social Media use.

The club dropped the ball and it took sponsors complaining to do something. So players like fans have reason to be annoyed at the situation

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You were the one who started on me first, and when I returned fire you could not handle that. Remember, what goes around, comes around. I did not actually ask you to justify yourself. I merely called you out. All this defense of May is sickening. 😂😂😂

Gee you really can't help yourself can you.

Once again (for the dummies) at no time have i defended May's actions regarding the sex tape.

I don't have to agree with you're opinion just because YOU demand it.

Now finally GO AWAY.

Munted

Bench
The club dropped the ball and it took sponsors complaining to do something. So players like fans have reason to be annoyed at the situation
Thanks for your post mate, I understand your position and agree with many points.
And I totally forgot the Api incident!
We don't have a great history with social media over the past 2 years, at some point you hope the individuals take more care but it seems like they aren't all capable of that unfortunately

murraymob

Coach
I
Agreed.

Might have just been delaying the inevitable, but also would have shown some level of competency from the club.

Next time it might not be someone so disposable being a f**kwit.
I am sure when we win next year the club will be ready