What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Luke Bowden

First Grade
May didn’t show any respect for the women he abused with his camera and strangely some people think it’s appropriate and it’s ok that he play in wil round.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

It’s indefensible and a betrayal of our mums, sisters, daughters etc.

I expected a few weak minded people to be suckered into the machine, but the sheer volume of mindlessness and ignorance here is surprising.

The lack of support and care for his victims is f**ked up too.

It’s almost enough to make me give up your forum forever tbh.

Stop being a dickhead.

I usually don’t mind your posts, but you’re not funny or Witty anymore. You support a club that gave a guy who spent time in jail for attempted murder. How have you thrown your support behind his victim?

Just go away.

Blues Riff

Bench
I just wonder how the Troll justifies his long running smear campaign against the Clearys. How are these disgusting personal attacks respectful to the women in the family? Indeed the mere mention of "the chin" in a derogatory way demonstrates a complete lack of respect for the maternal side of the family.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
His team were pretty awful today, major problems at the Tigers, I’m not sure there one dimensional coach can take them much further. The fire and brimstone approach only gets you so far and I think they could be in for a long season and there usual 9th placed finish looking unlikely.

His team were pretty awful today, major problems at the Tigers, I’m not sure there one dimensional coach can take them much further. The fire and brimstone approach only gets you so far and I think they could be in for a long season and there usual 9th placed finish looking unlikely.

I’m lining up Des for next year myself.

I expected a far better showing from your side today. The Eels weren’t at there best but despite the Tigers commendable fight back there just seemed something off about the performance. Madge is on borrowed time and I don’t think extending him is the way to go.
That’s done and dusted. I think he needs help at least but I’m in a minority. Maybe when Trent gets sacked from the dogs we can sign him to help.

Kilkenny

Coach
That’s done and dusted. I think he needs help at least but I’m in a minority. Maybe when Trent gets sacked from the dogs we can sign him to help.

There’s zero chance of Trent Barrett being sacked by the Dogs he will be given at least two seasons before there will be discussions about his future.

Unless the West’s Tigers improve significantly once they come up against some of the lesser sides, you have had a tough start, Madge will be the first coach sacked in 2021. All of the first season coaches will get another season next year.

BxTom

Bench
There’s zero chance of Trent Barrett being sacked by the Dogs he will be given at least two seasons before there will be discussions about his future.

Unless the West’s Tigers improve significantly once they come up against some of the lesser sides, you have had a tough start, Madge will be the first coach sacked in 2021. All of the first season coaches will get another season next year.
I'm not so sure about that. Their you beaut sponsor Landry will already be agitating behind the scenes. He is used to splashing his money around and demanding instant results...

I don’t think the dogs have recruited as wisely as they might have, which is unusual given their proven r&r talent.

Madge was upgraded last year, only about 20% pre-Hartigan (recruitment chief) players left.

He starts year zero next season without almost all of Ivans and past recruiters strange signings-and we don’t have pressing salary cap issues.

But I tend to agree that if it’s a surrender against lower teams, he may be tapped on the shoulder.

Unlike other clubs, our recruitment over-rides Madge and then it’s his job to bring them to optimum. He’s going well with some but not others.

I’m not really one to watch the season slide into the abyss without doing everything possible, and I would impose a new assistant on him. I was thinking Neil Henry if available. I’d sell it properly so as not to hurt Madges feelings.

Almost half this side haven’t played together which makes it tough. There has been some progress, but it’s been proven to be very difficult to spread that out evenly. He’s got a tough job right now.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t think the dogs have recruited as wisely as they might have, which is unusual given their proven r&r talent.

Madge was upgraded last year, only about 20% pre-Hartigan (recruitment chief) players left.

He starts year zero next season without almost all of Ivans and past recruiters strange signings-and we don’t have pressing salary cap issues.

But I tend to agree that if it’s a surrender against lower teams, he may be tapped on the shoulder.

Unlike other clubs, our recruitment over-rides Madge and then it’s his job to bring them to optimum. He’s going well with some but not others.

I’m not really one to watch the season slide into the abyss without doing everything possible, and I would impose a new assistant on him. I was thinking Neil Henry if available. I’d sell it properly so as not to hurt Madges feelings.

Almost half this side haven’t played together which makes it tough. There has been some progress, but it’s been proven to be very difficult to spread that out evenly. He’s got a tough job right now.

I think your team are well past the stage of laying blame at the feet of Ivan Cleary.

As you yourself said almost half your team now are players drafted in by your current coach and it is a major concern to be leaking as many points as you have in the first four games even allowing for the tough opponents.

The Eels were not overly convincing today despite which they scored seven tries. It is a major concern and some of your defence was seriously lacking in intent and commitment. Yes there are easier games ahead but some of those sides may be up for it therefore on the evidence of today I’m not sure there are any gimme two points even against some of the struggling sides.

I think your team are well past the stage of laying blame at the feet of Ivan Cleary.

As you yourself said almost half your team now are players drafted in by your current coach and it is a major concern to be leaking as many points as you have in the first four games even allowing for the tough opponents.

The Eels were not overly convincing today despite which they scored seven tries. It is a major concern and some of your defence was seriously lacking in intent and commitment. Yes there are easier games ahead but some of those sides may be up for it therefore on the evidence of today I’m not sure there are any gimme two points even against some of the struggling sides.

I think there’s still a bit of an Ivan hangover, but I accept that it’s a bridge too far these days to mention it anywhere but in dusty dispatches.

Madge is not in charge of recruitment. He gets consulted. Adam Hartigan is the boss, he’s written about it. Madge is delivered players and its job to bring them to optimum, all at once on game day. As you say, serious questions are there about his ability to achieve this.

It’s not about the result but the play. It must improve.

I totally agree with you about the defence, although somewhat absurdly, other wt fans think it’s attack.

The resilience was there against the knights which was a good sign, but you don’t want a question mark on which team turns up on any given day.

I think an extra pair of ears and eyes now could help put together the missing pieces. Cashed up which is good and it seems the better players locked in. So a long term affair I guess.

But a few discrete steps now may help us win those critical games we should (must) win as you point out.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I think there’s still a bit of an Ivan hangover, but I accept that it’s a bridge too far these days to mention it anywhere but in dispatches.

Madge is not in charge of recruitment. He gets consulted. Adam Hartigan is the boss, he’s written about it. Madge is delivered players and its job to bring them to optimum, all at once on game day. As you say, serious questions are there about his ability to achieve this.

It’s not about the result but the play.

I totally agree with you about the defence, although somewhat absurdly, other wt fans think it’s attack.

The resilience was there against the knights which was a good sign, but you don’t want a question mark on which team turns up on any given day.

I think an extra pair of ears and eyes now could help put together the missing pieces. Cashed up which is good and it seems the better players locked in. So a long term affair I guess. But a few discrete steps now may help us win those critical games we should (must) win as you point out.

I don’t know anything about the dynamics of your club but the coach surely has a far bigger say on roster management than just being ‘consulted’.

It really doesn’t matter to me personally, I have nothing against the West Tigers, I would like to see them perform better for the long suffering fan base.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
It really doesn’t matter to me personally, I have nothing against the West Tigers, I would like to see them perform better for the long suffering fan base.

Screw their fan base. They have won a comp more recently than we have. All other teams can suck it until we get one again :)

Latest posts