What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Lu was just a struggling outfit in those days.

All of a sudden it inherited the entire PI presence after school closed down and everyone was expelled.

And so Panthers LU became the worlds biggest and best Penrith Panther forum overnight, a position it still enjoys to this very day.

That is not to say a natural transition wasn’t already occurring.

I can tell you now and @Twizzle that Lu is rapidly attracting the best and brightest posters from official wtf (Wests tigers forum) people are simply more comfortable here. We have more fun.

Plus we have a few insiders ( not me).

Weaves had that strange avatar with the round John Lennon glasses. Some humanoid Dalek. It was a scary sight.

Who remembers the Gowies retirement? That was a massive controversy on PI as was the creation of GWS which everyone was angry about.

I thought the frequent attacks on GWS were tacitly approved by PI and no one got into trouble for hating on them.

Last edited:

The Realist

Juniors
LOL Purtell was so so so bad. He was the most obvious 'teachers pet' of Mat Elliot, it was ridiculous. The amount of tries that went through him was mind bending and he offered close to nothing with the ball. Anyone else remember in the 2010 finals series when Lewis and Frank Pritchard were injured and Purtell got promoted to starting 2nd rower?

Another Teachers Pet and fellow Canberra reject of Purtell's was Nathan Smith. An extremely ordinary player but ended up being a 'hard worker'. Still ordinary though. Elliot made him a Club Captain which was laughable. As soon as Elliot was gone it was off to reserve grade then Ron Massey cup which is where he belonged. He was a real nice bloke off the field I'd give him that.

murraymob

Coach
Elliott was a ass clown of a coach he never gave josh Bateman a chance .smith got picked ahead week after week. Bato could now be a immortal if his career was not derailed by elliott

Elliott was a ass clown of a coach he never gave josh Bateman a chance .smith got picked ahead week after week. Bato could now be a immortal if his career was not derailed by elliott
All of ME’s connection with corporate f**kerage is a lag.

Its a good time to salute the camel, belting down the touch line. Loved his game.

Kilkenny

Coach
Over 7 hours without a post on this thread. This isn’t really a post a such, just thought 7 hours is far too long. Nothing to add, but surely we are not done yet. Wonder whether Tyrone will be part of our parade or is he barred so to speak.

Over 7 hours without a post on this thread. This isn’t really a post a such, just thought 7 hours is far too long. Nothing to add, but surely we are not done yet. Wonder whether Tyrone will be part of our parade or is he barred so to speak.
I don’t think he will be invited.

He’s been ousted from any formal or authorised relationships with the club.

It would be media mayhem otherwise.

I suspect a private farewell for him later on in the evening, hopefully without phones.

I am surprised that he hasn’t done anything in the media to try to redeem himself in the public eye. He’s not getting good advice. It would be a good way to kick off his rehab.

Go and build some schools in the third world like DCE.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t think he will be invited.

He’s been ousted from any formal or authorised relationships with the club.

It would be media mayhem otherwise.

I suspect a private farewell for him later on in the evening, hopefully without phones.

I am surprised that he hasn’t done anything in the media to try to redeem himself in the public eye. He’s not getting good advice. It would be a good way to kick off his rehab.

Go and build some schools in the third world like DCE.
I don’t think he wii have time for that too busy playing for his new club.

roofromoz

First Grade

Stuck around for a bit after his NRL debut in 2008 (I think to 2010?) and then went back home to Grenfell and played out his career there, I think as captain-coach towards the end.

roofromoz

First Grade
LOL Purtell was so so so bad. He was the most obvious 'teachers pet' of Mat Elliot, it was ridiculous. The amount of tries that went through him was mind bending and he offered close to nothing with the ball. Anyone else remember in the 2010 finals series when Lewis and Frank Pritchard were injured and Purtell got promoted to starting 2nd rower?

Another Teachers Pet and fellow Canberra reject of Purtell's was Nathan Smith. An extremely ordinary player but ended up being a 'hard worker'. Still ordinary though. Elliot made him a Club Captain which was laughable. As soon as Elliot was gone it was off to reserve grade then Ron Massey cup which is where he belonged. He was a real nice bloke off the field I'd give him that.

I got mistaken for Purtell one night in the Panthers car park after a loss. Some very fruity language from that gentleman too.

Kilkenny

Coach
He hasn't been de-registered - I would have thought that the NRL would have moved reasonably quickly on it after his release if that would be the case. So on that he is free to play elsewhere in 2022.
Players who have been de registered are rare. Tim Simona, gambling, Ben Barba significant on going DV but not to many others that I can revaluate. Todd Carney can’t quite remember and he for the most part over ever hurt himself. His bubbler incident at Northies was rather sad, larrikin stuff, his so called mate who posted that video deserved to be dealt with in Smug Panther fashion.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He really only needs a one year deal if he is determined to stay in the NRL. The new franchise would almost certainly look at someone like Tyrone given his utility value.

Wouldn't shock me to see Tyrone play for St Marys in Ron Massey cup for 12 months. Get a proper job while he sorts his life out.

Kilkenny

Coach
Wouldn't shock me to see Tyrone play for St Marys in Ron Massey cup for 12 months. Get a proper job while he sorts his life out.
Proper jobs only pay $50-$75k.

When your accustomed to earning $250k or more I’m not sure that is easy to give up. I couldn’t do it.

If he can’t get a start somewhere in the NRL and I think he will, he can always have a season or two in the ESL on pretty similar money.

He‘ll get a gig somewhere. He’ll be fine I’m sure.

Hes already had one ACL issue, really needs to make the best of the next five years or so,not the quickest player running around so has to maximise his earning potential in his next five seasons as he is unlikely to be playing at the top level in his thirties.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Proper jobs only pay $50-$75k.

When your accustomed to earning $250k or more I’m not sure that is easy to give up. I couldn’t do it.

If he can’t get a start somewhere in the NRL and I think he will, he can always have a season or two in the ESL on pretty similar money.

He‘ll get a gig somewhere. He’ll be fine I’m sure.

Hes already had one ACL issue, really needs to make the best of the next five years or so,not the quickest player running around so has to maximise his earning potential in his next five seasons as he is unlikely to be playing at the top level in his thirties.

I hear what you're saying.

I could imagine he's been living on similar money to what a real job pays. With lawyers and the cvivil case, not much left after everyone has had their fill.

Think he might struggle to get a visa for ESL too.

Have no proof just a 'feeling in my waters.'

Kilkenny

Coach
I hear what you're saying.

I could imagine he's been living on similar money to what a real job pays. With lawyers and the cvivil case, not much left after everyone has had their fill.

Think he might struggle to get a visa for ESL too.

Have no proof just a 'feeling in my waters.'
Tetevano got a visa. Other examples so you’d have to think May would get one if necessary.