What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Tyrone may have to go​

By Danny Weidler

October 24, 2021 — 5.30am
The Panthers baulked at sacking Tyrone May for his part in the 2018 sex-tapes scandal that rocked the club to its core, but after Wednesday’s board meeting, it’s the club, and not May, which will be under scrutiny if it doesn’t act this time.

Penrith gave May a big second chance when they chose not to dismiss him after he narrowly escaped a custodial sentence last year. May pleaded guilty in 2019 to four counts of intentionally recording an intimate image without consent. During his sentencing in January 2020, Magistrate Robyn Denes said May’s behaviour was “right on the cusp of a custodial sentence”.
The Panthers did the right thing by subsequently helping him with counselling as they sought to assist his rehabilitation. However, they now have more than enough ammunition to dismiss him after his third very public strike.

May appeared to play the victim in a social media post following Penrith’s grand final win when he captioned a photo of himself and Panthers coach Ivan Cleary leaving Parramatta Local Court with lyrics from Canadian rapper Drake: “And the dirt that they threw on my name turned to soil and I grew up out it.”
May was stood down by the club on Tuesday after the NRL fined him $7500 and instructed him to complete further education programs after “social media posts which do not align with the values of the game”.
Now questions are being asked about why the Panthers would not let him go.
At the start of last season he was the other player involved in the TikTok COVID-19 breach with Nathan Cleary. Throw in his recent issues and Penrith have more than enough to sack him. The issue, however, is there is significant support for May at the Panthers.

Digging into the sex-tapes scandal at Penrith in 2018 revealed a meeting that the panicked Panthers had with their players. Players were asked to come clean about any potential breaches of the club’s code of conduct, misbehaviour or further sex tapes. I’ve been told that as many as 18 of the club’s full list of contracted players raised their hands to confess to one form of misdemeanour or another.
To be clear, I am not suggesting that 18 players admitted to appearing in sex tapes, but sources with knowledge of the meeting have told me 18 players admitted to some form of indiscretion.
If May survives this latest stupidity, Panthers officials are going to be the ones under pressure and any slip-up from a player will bring untold attention on the club.
Too soft Danny!

murraymob

First Grade
Where they publicly liked this self serving sex criminal criticising his detractors and singing his own praises about it, I think they need to be disciplined.

It’s a bad look for the club. It’s been mentioned in the media. They need to be pro active.
The media would this be the same group with a agenda against the club .thats right the same mob we are suing
But let them hate us .it is the fuel we need to go back to back premiers
Silverdale you will be waving that panther flag this time next year and salute the mighty panthers.i hear brooks wants out from the tigers who knows could be a panther .worth taking a pay cut to play for winners

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The media would this be the same group with a agenda against the club .thats right the same mob we are suing
Silverdale you will be waving that panther flag this time next year and salute the mighty panthers.i hear brooks wants out from the tigers who knows could be a panther .worth taking a pay cut to play for winners

If Brooks came as back up on small wage. That would be very very funny.

All of this carry on and bile from the media and selected vigilantees does nothing except put fire in the belly for 2022.

Long may it continue.

This tolerance and care for Tyrone over the victim and what is right, has led many to think the club has lost its moral compass.

The ends justify the means. Thats what many harmful regimes have subscribed to.

It’s ethically unsound and nauseating.

You’re the most despised club in the game at the moment. Not because of powerful footy, but because you seem to support deranged and perverted sex offenders and carry on like 14 year olds in celebrations.

Youve been a massive embarrassment to the game. Ive banned your sponsors products as I’ve said.

The board needs to fix it. Crack down hard. It’s their job and the only way to save the club from further damage.

So that’s what everyone should be hoping for.

murraymob

First Grade
This tolerance and care for Tyrone over the victim and what is right, has led many to think the club has lost its moral compass.

You’re the most despised club in the game at the moment. Not because of powerful footy, but because you seem to support deranged and perverted sex offenders and carry on like 14 year olds in celebrations.

Youve been a massive embarrassment to the game. Ive banned your sponsors products as I’ve said.

The board needs to fix it. Crack down hard. It’s their job and the only way to save the club from further damage.

Our sponsors products are worth more than $2 .so I doubt you are a customer .perhaps the local Mac as may have small fries for you

Our sponsors products are worth more than $2 .so I doubt you are a customer .perhaps the local Mac as may have small fries for you
I’m not going to support any business that pushes money into a club that doesn’t hold May accountable for insulting his detractors and resurrecting the harm caused to the young lady.

“What are you going to do about it? “ He says laughing in peoples faces.

Well if he club don’t act, I’m going to punish the clubs sponsors for indirectly associating themselves with his conduct.

Do my bit for the victim and all the women who are victims of violence as the magistrate called it.

I won’t be the only one.

8 long days we waited for the club to wake up to itself and strike out.

It better not let the victim down, women in general and the men who stand up for them.
It better not let itself or it’s fans and members down.

Brandy understands and you won’t find a better Panther in the whole game. Maybe Mr Waugh and his prowlers perhaps.

But they shouldn’t even need to have a meeting.

That’s my honest opinion.

Last edited:

Black Diamond

Juniors

No you are wrong again, we are despised because of our success....just the same as Storm and Chooks have been over the last decade.

Black Diamond

Juniors
I’m not going to support any business that pushes money into a club that doesn’t hold May accountable for insulting his detractors and resurrecting the harm caused to the young lady.

Well if he club don’t act, I’m going to punish the clubs sponsors for indirectly associating themselves with his conduct.

Do my bit for the victim and all the women who are victims of violence as the magistrate called it.

I won’t be the only one.

It better not let the victim down, women in general and the men who stand up for them.

Brandy understands and you won’t find a better Panther in the whole game. Maybe Mr Waugh and his prowlers perhaps.

For christs sake...Brandy said a couple of them needed to pull their heads in when he was put on the spot to give an answer, big f*cking deal, how many times are you going to keep feeding off that comment. Brandy loves his beloved Panthers, always has, always will.

You need some new material 🥱😴

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I won’t be the only one.

I continue to be 😲 at Silverdale's ability to repeat over and over again the same information. 🥱 I've been :thinking: that Silverdale's 😱 continues to be very 🥱

Silverdale's outrage meter remains on 🥵 24/7. Maybe because he's actually infatuated with Mr May, Mr Cleary (senior and junior) and really wants to become

A Penrith Panther member and supporter. 🤩

I'm sure I'll see Silverdale at the Penrith Panthers parade 🥳

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Where they publicly liked this self serving sex criminal criticising his detractors and singing his own praises about it, I think they need to be disciplined.

It’s a bad look for the club. It’s been mentioned in the media. They need to be pro active.
God you’re full of shit.

I use to think you were funny, but now I just think you’re either a troll or stupid.

Your posts are really quite hypocritical.

murraymob

First Grade
So silver butt
When did you last buy a oak milk
Hire a hertz car
Built a Allam home
Bet with blue bet
Can you tell me when you last used these services as I can then know how they will lose in profits .simple question should be easy to answer

Latest posts