What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone Roberts on 400k a Season

Spot On

Coach
Well we do have a winger who can't tackle, is usually suss under the high ball and has pretty poor hands a lot of the time on 500K so I suppose it's no use pretending that some fool didn't gave Tyrone the deal of a lifetime.

The club is littered with underperforming millionaires.

Noname36

First Grade
The only thing I can think of to explain this terrible news is that maybe because we had money at the time he re-signed a lot of it was in third party money.

Loose Cannon

Bench
This explains how Roberts was listed at $2.60 on eBay, yet then attracted bids of up to 80 grand.

Midley must have turned his computer on that day.

Ojlovednicole

Juniors
Why shocked?
When negotiating, he was in great form.

Overpriced in hindsight, but he was a genuine up and comer in our most crucial position a few years back.

aqua_duck

Coach
I know Chris Haddad who was Tyrone's manager when he signed the contract (not sure if he still is), if he ever wants more clients all he has to say is "I got Tyrone Roberts $400k a year, what can I get you?"
He'll have so many new clients he'll be beating them away with a stick

slotmachine

First Grade
I don't understand why they Matautia's sacked him. Did a great job getting them rich deals to play NSW Cup at the Knights using the Dogs as leverage.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
In saying that any man who can get tyrone 400k a year would be your best bet if you wanted to sell sand to the Saudis

Spot On

Coach
Why shocked?
When negotiating, he was in great form.

Overpriced in hindsight, but he was a genuine up and comer in our most crucial position a few years back.

He was showing promising signs, not ripping teams apart on a weekly basis or playing rep footy. His defence has never been very good.

That's why.

Knight Vision

First Grade
From memory he was being chased and turned down an offer by the Raiders? This probably helped push up his value in a market with a dearth of halves.

The half quality is so bad these days that JT is talked up as a future immortal. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King

perverse

Referee
Ben Hunt has come good in a big way, so that's an amazing investment. When did Hunt sign that contract? He's only been the player he is now for ~12 months. Had Tyrone followed a similar path, we'd be laughing. Unfortunately he shit the bed repeatedly instead.