What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyson Frizzle..

coolumsharkie

Referee
http://www.sharks.com.au/?s=article-display&id=21967

Tyson Frizzell Signs With The Sharks

Monday, 25 January 2010
00005540-image.jpg

The Cronulla Sharks have signed promising Australian Rugby Union Schoolboy, Tyson Frizzell, for the 2010 season.
The 18-year-old was first noticed by one of the Cronulla Sharks scouts and only recently returned from the Schoolboys tour of Ireland and United Kingdom earlier this month.
“The Sharks are extremely pleased to have Tyson Frizzell sign with the club,” Toyota Cup Head Coach Joey Grima said.
“He brings size, speed and from all observations an incredibly high skill level. As an 18-year-old he also displays great maturity and his willingness to learn the game of rugby league is evident.”
“He also has versatility where he can play centre, wing, fullback or in the back row and I’m really looking forward to working with him over the next 12 months and developing him into a potential NRL player.”
Frizzell who attends Illawarra Sports High School was a standout in rugby union having being selected in the CHS team, NSW Schools and ultimately the Australian Schoolboys.
The cross code desperately wanted to keep the talented youngster, with the NSW Waratahs extremely interested, but it is with the Sharks that Tyson feels he can really make a breakthrough.
“I was given the opportunity to come to league and play with the Sharks and it’s something different and a new challenge and I’m always up for new challenges,” Frizzell said.
“With the position I play in union, I saw myself maybe fitting into league a lot easier… I can play in the centres and also as an edge back rower.”
“I’m looking forward to playing against some of the young guns coming through the ranks and really testing myself.”
Hoping to eventually follow in the footsteps of Blake Ferguson, Nathan Stapleton and the likes, Frizzell is looking to knuckle down at training and learn the trade before he sets his sights on an NRL birth.
“I’m not too familiar with what happened, but I’ve heard how some of the younger guys made it through to the NRL after school and I hope that later on that may happen to me.”
“But I’m just looking to cement a spot in the starting side every week. That’s what my main focus is at the moment and I’m not really worrying about where I came from, I'm just trying to work hard at training.”
“I was off training for a while and wondering what I was going to do but now I’ve put pen to paper my main focus is league and doing well for the Sharks.
Tall and well built, Frizzell has already started training with the NYC squad and will play in the NYC first trial match against Manly on February 12.
“It’s been really good training with Joey (Grima).”
“He’s been great in trying to help me learn the skills base in rugby league and I haven’t really had the chance to train with Ricky but hopefully if I train well enough, then an opportunity might come up down the track and I might get a shot at having a few training sessions with them.”

All the best to him.

I just hope he doesn't fizzle like a lot of young guys with big wraps.

A lot of union players struggle with the physical side of league.

But he's young and has a great opportunity if he performs.

Thanks for the heads up Coolum!

Vossy

Bench
one difference between him and lemon karl, he wants to be here, i dont recall karl being that eager

stuck on that ARU, cant wait for the trial against manly to see what he is like

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Here we go again...its all about potential...i suppose we have bought a lot of younger fellas with potential i.e kelly, this fella and some parra juniors, so lets hope they fulfill their potential to some degree...i dont think this is a bad thing but it can sometimes turnout to be a bad investment ala killer karl

il save my fluffy posts till i see this kid first hand

Stagger eel

Staff member
you'd want Kelly to be playing fg this year with the sort of money he's currently on...if not it's Killer Karl MKII

samshark

Juniors
Here we go again...its all about potential...i suppose we have bought a lot of younger fellas with potential i.e kelly, this fella and some parra juniors, so lets hope they fulfill their potential to some degree...i dont think this is a bad thing but it can sometimes turnout to be a bad investment ala killer karl

I wouldnt go comparing this kid to killer Karl or Kelly etc he is just a Toyota Cup signing. All kids playing Toyota Cup have potential but not all make the step up. This kid mighten even make that side.

Last edited:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I wouldnt go comparing this kid to killer Karl or Kelly etc he is just a Toyota Cup signing. All kids playing Toyota Cup have potential but not all make the step up. This kid mighten even make that side.

Im not comparing the kid to karl, rather these "potential" signings that turn into dust

samshark

Juniors
Im not comparing the kid to karl, rather these "potential" signings that turn into dust

I know, what I mean is that even if this kid turns out to be nothing it doesnt matter and wouldnt be viewed as a bad investment because at the moment he is just another Toyota Cup signing on a few dollars. Most of those guys wont make it.

Killer Karl was a bad investment and if Kelly doesnt step up he will be too because of the dollars paid out and because they have been bought as NRL players.

coolumsharkie

Referee

I agree with you, though as he is signed as a NYC player he wouldnt be on much.

Other thing is, you throw enough darts at the dartboard your bound to jag a bullseye every now and again.

Squae

Juniors
I agree with you, though as he is signed as a NYC player he wouldnt be on much.

Other thing is, you throw enough darts at the dartboard your bound to jag a bullseye every now and again.

Very true about the darts.

Saying that an Australian rep level union player, seems like a VERY good "bet" for mine

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
played union with him in u\15s and still good mates
at 15 he was a prop in union an unfit
16s he decided to start training and started making his way to the backs were he started to kill it
still believe his main interest is union and that this may be more for exposure than playing it forever
young Rugby union players just dont get exposure to national tvand the like and him signing for 1 year suggests that
will talk to him and see what hes doing

Quigs

Immortal
Oh well there is always next dart.

dart.jpg

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Last edited:

Latest posts