What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UAE Rugby League boss arrested??

expansionist

Juniors
JW I agree with you - I am actually a little dissapointed that the RLIF (now that they exist as a one man band) hasnt been making more of this, and doing so via NRL etc.

Its a big deal -its basic human rights which are being violated here, its our own games sovereignty which has been challenged, and basically we have lost it.

International law is on our side, human rights are on our side, public opinion would be on our side (if people even knew about it).

RL has always seemingly just rolled with the punches - and never legally challenged for its rights.

I know people say it takes money etc but i tell you what if there was a kickstarter to raise money to fund legal action against union (vichy, UAE, Morocco etc) i would be in it.

Evil Homer

Staff member
JW I agree with you - I am actually a little dissapointed that the RLIF (now that they exist as a one man band) hasnt been making more of this, and doing so via NRL etc.

Its a big deal -its basic human rights which are being violated here, its our own games sovereignty which has been challenged, and basically we have lost it.

International law is on our side, human rights are on our side, public opinion would be on our side (if people even knew about it).

RL has always seemingly just rolled with the punches - and never legally challenged for its rights.

I know people say it takes money etc but i tell you what if there was a kickstarter to raise money to fund legal action against union (vichy, UAE, Morocco etc) i would be in it.
Do you people not read things? The RLIF have been heavily involved and issued several statements relating to their progress, in fact it's still the #1 news item on their website.

http://www.rlif.com/rugby-league-international-news/article/1562/rlif-statement-regarding-sol-mokdad

The fact that mainstream media, alleged RL journalists (apart from Mascord, who is doing the best he can) and the majority of RL fans choose to ignore it isn't the RLIF's fault.

Last edited:

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Agree, the RLIF are doing exactly the right thing in this case. The worthiness of their actions all depends on whether if/when they get a RL federation up and running those that were involved before (players, admin, sponsors) are still keen and at liberty to be involved.

Read that article and it's such a shame that all this good work has come to nothing due to the Vichy like tactics of the UAERU. I guess it is more important that Sol's safety comes first but I hope he isn't lost to Rugby League and gets involved in some other projects as he seems like a guy who gets things done.