What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

Doga

Juniors
If Pennywise is saying that chelsea didn't deserve it, surely he couldn't go pass Barcelona 08-09 who went through to the final in controversial circumstances.

WireMan

Bench
I guess we can't have discussions here and everything is agenda based.

Chelsea fans, please take no notice, just think of it as background noise, of course you guys are stoked, and congrats. By undeserved, I'm not saying they didn't work hard, and I don't want to take away from their effort and such, just that in most of their games, they weren't the better team, but somehow won.

But to other fans, my question is a legitimate question. no agendas. Let me word it differently....

Is this the CL victory that is most like the 2005 Wests Tigers Prem?

Ok no agenda here.

Barca should of beat Chelsea but the refusal to change tactics either home or away when it was clear Chelsea had parked the bus was silly. The expectation that Xavi and Iniesta would come up with something is one that does not work all the time. This time it didn't.

Instead of crying about horrible tactics and game style, Barca should of done something to change the game. A faster attacking tempo, the winger to hug the touchlines, send Pique up top and throw more balls into the box. Not just that tika-taka boring stuff where you roll the ball sideways infront of a flat back 9 for an hour.

That ok?

Haffa

*facepalm*

My question has nothing to do with that. Honestly you can see that my question is valid. Their opponents were the better side in the 2nd round, semis and final. They used tactics of "we aren't as good at football as this side so we will stand behind the ball and defend". They fired their manager earlier in the season because they didn't know how to play his nicer brand of football. and they finished 6th in their league.

:roll: Revisionist much? AVB was a disaster his 'plan' or 'brand of football' was lost by the end of his term, he had no idea and was rightfully sacked.

Chelsea are very good at their style of football they don't need to play Barcelonas style to win football games which is in the end all that matter.
Better side? I could have sworn chelsea won.

Haffa

I guess we can't have discussions here and everything is agenda based.

Chelsea fans, please take no notice, just think of it as background noise, of course you guys are stoked, and congrats. By undeserved, I'm not saying they didn't work hard, and I don't want to take away from their effort and such, just that in most of their games, they weren't the better team, but somehow won.

But to other fans, my question is a legitimate question. no agendas. Let me word it differently....

Is this the CL victory that is most like the 2005 Wests Tigers Prem?

Figured out a Plan B yet?

Eddie.

Bench
cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Finally. Finally, its our turn.

Latest posts