What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UFC Undisputed 2009

bluesbreaker

Bench
So is this like a wrestling game, or like a tekken game?

Looking to buy something decent since Killzone was so awfully disappointing.

Jono078

Referee
Bit of both really.

You can download the demo, you'll probably fall in love with the demo and buy it.

tokerShark

Juniors
its more like the wrestling games, but realistic and technical, awesome controls and graphics.

Do you think there will be more DLC released ?

I'd like to see some earlier fighters included like Royce Gracie, Dan Severn, Don Frye, Kevin Randleman, Tank Abbott or even aussie Elvis Sinosic.

Cupid Stunt

I'd like to see some earlier fighters included like Royce Gracie, Dan Severn, Don Frye, Kevin Randleman, Tank Abbott or even aussie Elvis Sinosic.

If Sinosic is ever included I will never play this game again! Or that other slow, bum of a supposed MMA fighter, Soa Palelei. "Hulk" my arse. Only hulking thing about him is that gut he has.

Him & Stinkfist, doing the Australian fight game proud internationally! :lol:

tokerShark

Juniors
Him & Stinkfist, doing the Australian fight game proud internationally! :lol:

Well theres still hope for one aussie in the ufc, George Sotiropoulos from melb vic.his record is 9 wins 2 losses, with 2 wins in the ufc. he was in one of the seasons of TUF and is fighting next on the ufc 101 card against Rob Emerson

Well theres still hope for one aussie in the ufc, George Sotiropoulos from melb vic.his record is 9 wins 2 losses, with 2 wins in the ufc. he was in one of the seasons of TUF and is fighting next on the ufc 101 card against Rob Emerson

101 is a f**king stacked card. I almost cant wait to get rid of 99 and 100 so we can get to 101 lol.

AILD

Bench
game gives me the sh*ts now.

im in heavyweight with my submission defense at around 68 points...but i got subbed by frank mir twice!!! ive gotten really good on the ground...but no matter how hard or fast i mash the buttons or rotate the right stick nothing works...its f**ked.

Jono078

Referee
Well Mir is a 93 in submission... Your 68 is no match for that, either don't let him take you down or avoid him, or even improve your submission even more.

But also it'll take cardio and strength into consideration, if you are strong you'll have more chance to power out, and higher the cardio the longer you can stay fresh and have more fight in ya with the struggles of the match.

AILD

Bench
yeah thats fair enough. thing is tho when i was a lightweight i was able to handle serra pretty well..and my points werent that high...dont know his points off by heart but ild imagine they would be around the same or higher then mir.

anyways i got the belt...took longer then at light heavy. lesnar is a beast...two punches and your on your ass!

AILD

Bench
this ground game in heavyweight is ruining the game for me at the moment...its total bullsh*t and nothing like real life. sylvia pulling off arm bars and sh*t with my sub def at high 70's....

also another gripe...why must every game now use these stupid f**king joystick things? if you dont flick it to the exact f**king inch it dont work.

AILD

Bench
its on easy!!!!!! thats what im saying its bullsh*t.

in middleweighr noone can sub me. i rip through with about 3 losses. you go heavy weight and everyone submits you...you dont get enough time in career to get the stats up.

Jono078

Referee
On Easy? :O

Practice then man lol.

Honestly the best way to go through career IMO.

It always spar at 100%, only work on strength, speed, cardio for 1 week in your preparation for next fight. The rest is sparring and the odd camp invite.

If you do that you'll end up good.

AILD

Bench
hold up. at middleweight i own. i lose average 2-4 fights when i do middleweight.

lightheavy i am the same...unstoppable. ive played it about 6+ hours since the day it came out...ive had plenty practice. i own at sparring and camp invites. BUT when i do heavyweight i get subbed easier then any other weight class. my subb defence is about 80 points now and i still get caught in arm bars etc. all my stats are pretty high...speed and cardio could be a little better but they are fine...im not sure why the heavyweight division has a higher sub rate for me...its strange...in real life those merkins never sub anyone.

AILD

Bench
...alright im going to smash the sh*t out of this game. since my last post i got my sub defence to 86 points!!! cardio is high 30's...and i got choked by minotauro!!!!1 wtf...the instructions say to mash square, triangle, circle and X at the same time...i do that but i still get subbed!!! i must have got a dud version of the game....

tokerShark

Juniors
i find it better to rotate the right stick to escape submissions, but even better dont get stuck on your back, get up as quick as you can, but some submissions are unavoidable, especially if its late in the fight and your tired.

Jono078

Referee
...alright im going to smash the sh*t out of this game. since my last post i got my sub defence to 86 points!!! cardio is high 30's...and i got choked by minotauro!!!!1 wtf...the instructions say to mash square, triangle, circle and X at the same time...i do that but i still get subbed!!! i must have got a dud version of the game....
Cardio high 30s? :lol:!!!!

Man.. If you gonna mash buttons you better hope you have good strength, a tleast in the 60s.

Also if you're getting subbed you need to still have the energy to get out, so Cardio minimum 60s too.

AILD

Bench
30 cardio is plenty fine to get out of submission...i can do it in every weight class but heavyweight.

thats my issue...they cant sub me anywhere else but heavyweight!!! stop trying to teach me the game...ive won a f**kload of fights man...heavyweight pulling off arm bars and rear nakeds with that sort of ability is BS.

Jono078

Referee
Lol i'm just trying to help out, and 30 cardio is rat sh*t.

There wouldn't be a fighter on the roster with cardio that low.

Most of them are high 40s to high 70s.

Maybe i'll try teach you one more lesson then, improve your takedown defense, don't go on the mat and you can't get submitted ;-)

EDIT: And you do know Minotauro is one of the best at submissions in the game don't you?

AILD

Bench
but how can you get your cardio high 60's within a few fights of the career?. why would the game be that you can only escape from submissions if your high 60's in cardio....it takes awhile to get the points up there and i fought mir and minotaura in pretty short spaces of time.

btw: since that post my cardio is at 54...and i won the belt from Brock. big bastard.

Latest posts