What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ugly Jr Warriors for 2011

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
No offence to the designer of this jeresy, to be used as the Jr Warriors Home jersey in 2011, but it is ugly!

Attachments

• shirt[1].jpg
    shirt[1].jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 56

JAG

Juniors
Didn't they run a "Design a shirt" competition for this? This must have won it. Not sure what to make of it, don't dislike it but not planning to race out and buy one either.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I dont have a problem with it.
I just wished the Warriors would go back to the heritige blue perminantely.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Didn't they run a "Design a shirt" competition for this? This must have won it.
I would have voted for this one ...

VodafoneJuniorWarriorsJersey.png

ozbash

Referee
yep, thats the bees knees..

Scurrah said they were going to move to a more traditional (maori/PI) design for the new strip.

Dont mind the U20's one above but its a tad boring ?

Martli

Coach
Get rid of the NZ outline and it's pretty decent I reckon. I think a "tribal" type design would look awesome as the main strip.

Blake

Juniors
get rid of the design across the gut, and this is a winner.

Agree - the stuff in the middle and the country outline are too much. People tend to want to chuck everything they can on something and this is a prime example.

Same with the original image in this post - what the fudge is up with NZ always wanting to throw in the bloody fern. Everywhere I see this damn fern being used. Getting really damn sick of it. Plus it reminds me of the Auckland Commonwealth Games uniform - and that was nearly 20 years ago. Sure fashion is cyclic but not that sh*t.

Iafeta

Referee
As said before on the other outfit, get rid of the New Zealand outline and its nice. From a purely symbolic perspective, I like the first one too. THere's been a lot of times I've looked at Warriors uniforms and wondered what in the hell they were thinking as generally they show nothing at all to do with the club's New Zealand identity.