What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK FANS: Let Alternative know you are unhappy

RedV

Juniors
Just e-mailed Alternative to register my disappointment. If you are as disappointed with the situation over here as I am, I suggest that you do the same!

sales@alternativesoftware.com

Dear Sirs,

I just wanted to check a final release date for this game (if one has been confirmed yet) and make you aware of my disappointment over the way the situation has been handled.

Waiting for the game is not a problem, but what has made myself and a number of other UK customers quite angry is the way we have been starved of information, left in the dark over how long we are likely to have to wait.

I have personally spoken to yourselves 4 times and every time was told something different. The game is supposed to arrive on Friday, and yet we're just kind of expecting it to appear; if this problem is out of your control, then fine, but I would like to at least be told this.

My apologies if this is not Alternative's problem, but please understand that as a customer who is looking to spend money on your company, I feel rather insulted by the treatment I, and other UK customers, are receiving.

Petebix

Juniors
RedV said:
Just e-mailed Alternative to register my disappointment. If you are as disappointed with the situation over here as I am, I suggest that you do the same!

Dear Sirs,

I just wanted to check a final release date for this game (if one has been confirmed yet) and make you aware of my disappointment over the way the situation has been handled.

Waiting for the game is not a problem, but what has made myself and a number of other UK customers quite angry is the way we have been starved of information, left in the dark over how long we are likely to have to wait.

I have personally spoken to yourselves 4 times and every time was told something different. The game is supposed to arrive on Friday, and yet we're just kind of expecting it to appear; if this problem is out of your control, then fine, but I would like to at least be told this.

My apologies if this is not Alternative's problem, but please understand that as a customer who is looking to spend money on your company, I feel rather insulted by the treatment I, and other UK customers, are receiving.

Notice how he didn't say which game he was waiting for? :lol:

MEE

Juniors
Petebix said:
RedV said:

Dear Sirs,

Notice how he didn't say which game he was waiting for? :lol:
:lol: nice one buddy!

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Right,i got a reply from Susan Carlisle at Alternative.Its was pretty short and to the point.

The release date for the game is the 12th December.

That was it,nothing more nothing less.Im forgetting about it now and just hoping that on Friday i can buy it at Gamesters.If it doesnt turn up on Friday then ill go to Alternative with a gun and demand a copy for each of us in the UK there and then.Enough is enough.

The 12th it is then.

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
i got an e-mail from the same person -

Hi,

The release of the game will be around the 12th of december
When we get the game we will send it out a.s.a.p.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had a thought though, it isnt going to be friday i just wish theyd say, they havent got the game yet, they arent going to get it tomorrow, it needs to be sent out at least thursday for us to get friday ! forget it, well done all you aussies and new zealanders, you must be more superior than us.

RedV

Juniors
Wigan Warrior said:
Right,i got a reply from Susan Carlisle at Alternative.Its was pretty short and to the point.

The release date for the game is the 12th December.

That was it,nothing more nothing less.Im forgetting about it now and just hoping that on Friday i can buy it at Gamesters.If it doesnt turn up on Friday then ill go to Alternative with a gun and demand a copy for each of us in the UK there and then.Enough is enough.

The 12th it is then.

I've got a preorder at Gamesters as well, mate. Feel sorry for the guy in charge, very sorry. He knows nothing more than we do, and obviously is being bombarded with questions about release dates. This is why I'm so incredibly pi$$ed off. It's not just us who are in the dark - it's the retailers as well! Alternative are a gang of tossers.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Im not actually pre-ordered from Gamesters.I did order from GP store in NZ the PC version which ill hopefully get in about a week (fingers crossed).Since then ive bought a PS2 so i want the game on that as well.This is why im pissed at Alternative.If i dont know the release day then i cant make sure im there in good time before all the copys sell out.

The fact Gaz got a reply saying AROUND the 12th and i got one saying THE 12th says it all about Alternative.We are still no closer after these E-Mails.They are still giving two different people two different answers.

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
Wigan Warrior said:
Im not actually pre-ordered from Gamesters.I did order from GP store in NZ the PC version which ill hopefully get in about a week (fingers crossed).Since then ive bought a PS2 so i want the game on that as well.This is why im pissed at Alternative.If i dont know the release day then i cant make sure im there in good time before all the copys sell out.

The fact Gaz got a reply saying AROUND the 12th and i got one saying THE 12th says it all about Alternative.We are still no closer after these E-Mails.They are still giving two different people two different answers.

Exactley mate, its like all the employees of alternative dont live in the same world isnt it. Theywant to get their bloody act sorted out and give us the game!

RedV

Juniors
Wigan Warrior said:

Sums things up :lol:

phonicbhoy

Juniors
I don't get it, some say the 12th and some say 19th.

Guess that's crap then about all versions being out at the same time in all countries.

millomite

Juniors
i cancelled my preorder with alternative. getting it through gameplay who say 15th for ps2 and 19th for xbox and pc

StHelens

Juniors
Millomite, I hope you chose FIRST CLASS postage with GamePlay because if so, you'll get it on day of release! (whenever that day will be) :)

StHelens

Juniors
Heres my email lol I couldn't be arsed making it formal, went for the stern and demanding approach ;)
I said:
Hello,

What on earth is going on with the Super League Rugby League release date? People are starting to lose interest in this title purely because of wait upon wait, the game's fine to release because it's out in New Zealand so what's the big hold up? You keep telling people different release dates and can't even stick to a specific one. Please can you give us a DEFINITE release date and put us out of our '8 year wait for a Rugby League game' misery!

Regards,

Alex....

Latest posts