What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate proof management are insane

Edwahu

Bench
If this quote from the SMH is true:
Bulgarelli was about to benefit from a large increase in his salary to more than $100,000,

Then management need to be taken out and shot for giving a player of Boogs standard a contract that would let him earn near that.

lotm

Juniors
you're all very quick to blindly accept media reports when they support your opinion.

poor form.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
$100,000 is really not that much money. No way I would go through what those guys go through for anything like that little.

azza

Juniors
Tokyo_Raider said:
$100,000 is really not that much money. No way I would go through what those guys go through for anything like that little.

That's a very short-sighted and arrogant comment IMO. That is a lot of money to many people, just because it might not be to you.

azza said:
Tokyo_Raider said:

That's a very short-sighted and arrogant comment IMO. That is a lot of money to many people, just because it might not be to you.

Not to mention it didn't say that he's on $100,000... it said an INCREASE of $100,000. What if he was already on 50, 100 grand? That's 150, 200 grand. It's insane for a player of his 'calibre'.

jed

First Grade
Consider also that the average paycheque among the top 25 players of each club is $130,000 - I don't think any of us would disagree that Boogs was worth less than the average.

jed

First Grade
And not to mention, there's no reason that a player's contract shouldn't have different figures for each year. Take Withers for an example - what's to say that Bulgarelli wasn't on a contract where he got let's say $75K for 2 years and $100K for the third - $250,000 over 3 years is probably the high mark that he could have hoped for, especially considering he showed promise in 2003 (aside from the Warrior's semi).

lotm

Juniors
ibleedgreen said:
Not to mention it didn't say that he's on $100,000... it said an INCREASE of $100,000. What if he was already on 50, 100 grand? That's 150, 200 grand. It's insane for a player of his 'calibre'.
this is what i mean. some people read what they want to read to suit their argument.

re-read the quote, ibleedgreen. it says "bulgarelli was about to benefit from a large increase in his salary TO more than $100 000". it seems you're eager for this rumour to be true. even if it is true, your interpretation leaves a lot to be desired. firstly, it was a LARGE increase. that suggests that he was on a low salary to begin with. secondly, it didn't even suggest that it was an increase OF $100 000. it was an increase TO $100 000.

i'd be interested to see how many of you will blindly accept media reports when they contradict your points of view.

Edwahu

Bench
What would Boogas value be on the open market? I doubt he would get a contract frankly, so if we wanted to keep him there is no reason for the club to pay him more then the smallest amount possible, which would be 50k under the CBA. Increases are fine if they are peformance based.

Kris_man

Bench
Bulgarelli was about to benefit from a large increase in his salary to more than $100,000
i don't care what you naysayers say, that is a F*CKING JOKE!!! (assuming it's true - there's no reason to believe that it's not)

azza

Juniors
Kris_man said:
lotm, stop avoiding the point, which is: Is Jason Bulgarelli worth 100K or not?

exactly - and the answer is - no, but then again money doesn't necessarily go the people who truly deserve it in today's world

lotm

Juniors
Kris_man said:
(assuming it's true - there's no reason to believe that it's not)
baaaa

baaaaaaaaa

Kris_man said:
lotm, stop avoiding the point, which is: Is Jason Bulgarelli worth 100K or not?
i'm not avoiding the point at all. there's no way that boogs is worth $100k.

i'd like some corroborating proof that mgt were on the verge of offering him that money before i'll accept the rumour. there's a poster who implied that management weren't keen to renew his contract and that's why they sacked him - completely contradicting this "increase to 100k" theory. imo, he has about as much credibility as the media.

Kris_man

Bench
oh yeah, listen to some random poster, but don't listen to the newspaper :roll: . look lotm, forget about the rumour - how much is Bulgarelli worth?