What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Umpires cost Australia the Ashes

CAS

Juniors
Boo Hoo, We have been Robbed, Boo Hoo, its not fair, Boo Hoo, we would have won by an Innings and 500 hundred Runs in each test if it wasnt for the Umpires, Boo Hoo, we arent winning and we dont Know how to deal with it, Boo Hoo, Ian Botham should have been given out in 1981 too, Boo Hoo, i Know for a FACT all the Batsmen given out would have gone on to make Double Centuries, Boo Hoo, Australia have NEVER been given any similar Decisions in the history of Test Cricket, Boo Hoo, everyone is against us, Boo Hoo, those Poms arent lying down and letting us win easy, Boo Hoo, the Umpires are making us drop those catches and bowl all those No Balls on Puropose, Boo Hoo, they are all on performance ehancing Drugs, Boo Hoo, they have made Hayden and Gillespie S**t by some Kind of Mind Games, Boo Hoo, its Body line all over again, Boo Hoo, i am taking my Bat and Ball home and you cant play with my Toys anymore, Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo........................................

If, If, If, If, If, If, If, If....Do you Know any other words?

Beating you Guys is Great, But seeing all the Whinging is Priceless.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The umpiring has been pathetic. At least Dar and Bucknor aren't umpiring the last test. Billy and Rudi Koetson are! Thank goodness. I thought Billy startes to unpire well in the Edbaston test. Then they go and replace him with that imbercile in Aleem Dar!

J-Man

Juniors
Truthfully the umpiring decisions that have gone aginst Australia, have been terrible. In my opinion, however, England deserve their 2-1 series lead. They have played better in every aspect.

lockyno1

Post Whore
El Diablo said:
Bowden umpiring :shock:

This Clown is the worst umpire in history

Well it is safe to say he can't do any worse than Aleem Dar or Steve Bucknor!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tommy Smith said:
Billy "not out" Bowden.

Australia wont need to worry about being given out lbw by this bloke.

Thank goodness, as half of them were not out anyway!

lockyno1

Post Whore
El Diablo said:
yes he can

he should be in an asylum

I'm sorry but ANY umpire that gives a left hander out when it pitches half a metre outside leg deserves to go! Hey the ball was not even hitting the stumps! Billy did well in the second test!

CAS

Juniors
J-Man said:
Truthfully the umpiring decisions that have gone aginst Australia, have been terrible. In my opinion, however, England deserve their 2-1 series lead. They have played better in every aspect.

Spot on.

Just look at the run chase we had yesterday. We would have walked that against any other Team no Doubt, but not against the Aussies. Look how Warne and Lee stood up, like True Champions when it really mattered. That though is the REAL reason England are 2-1 up in the series. Apart from these 2 who have been busting a Gut, very few others have stood up to be Counted. Bemoaning Umpire Decisions is just papering over the Cracks.

Sure England are Desperate to be the first Side to Win the Ashes in 18 years, its a Huge incentive to play well. But surely and even Bigger Incentive, is to Not be in the Australian Side that Lost the first Series in 18 years.

Sure, Decisions hurt if they Go against you. But if you are Good ebough and strong enough, they dont kill you. I honestly expected after scraping home a Draw at Manchester, we had blown it, and the Aussies would make us pay. But not enough seemed to be busting a Gut i am afraid.

As for the oval next week. There is already an early forecast for Rain. But Vaughan is not a Defensive Captain and will want to Win, so it is still in the melting pot.

dice

Juniors
J-Man said:

Aussies smack them in the 1st test, 2nd test was won by three runs, and 4th test was won by a very shakey 3 wickets. In each losing test the Aussies had some critical decisions go against them described as "atrocious" and the "worst umpiring decision in test history" yet the English have played better than Australia in every aspect? :roll:

lockyno1 said:
Well it is safe to say he can't do any worse than Aleem Dar or Steve Bucknor!

Billy Bowden was the umpire labelled as making "the worst umpiring decision in test history" in the 2nd test.

JJ

Immortal
1. Ashes aren't lost just yet - so let's not count our chickens.
2. Australian incompetence and good English play has led to the current 2-1 score, not umpiring. And most Aussie fans (well the intelligent ones) seem to realise this

aussies1st

Staff member
Well look at how Hayden, Martyn and Clarke got out. Too silly shots, Hayden well who knows whats up with him. Katich was the same in the 1st inns. Then there was the 1st inns bowling display. Kaspa and Lee didn't step up. At least Lee stood up in the 2nd inns. Kaspa well hes just gorn. I hope people who wanted him in now see the light.

dice

Juniors
JJ said:
1. Ashes aren't lost just yet - so let's not count our chickens.
2. Australian incompetence and good English play has led to the current 2-1 score, not umpiring. And most Aussie fans (well the intelligent ones) seem to realise this

So the 150+ runs the poms were gifted in 4th test by three blatant poor umpiring decisions (Flintoff, Jones, Katich) would have had no impact on the result of a test match the poms won by 3 wickets? And the poor decisions of the 2nd test had no impact on the result of a test match won by 3 runs?

Yes aussies have screwed up on occasions, but so have the poms and such is the closeness of this series that most "intelligent" supporters would know that umpiring decisions have played a big part.

JJ

Immortal
dice said:
So the 150+ runs the poms were gifted in 4th test by three blatant poor umpiring decisions (Flintoff, Jones, Katich) would have had no impact on the result of a test match the poms won by 3 wickets? And the poor decisions of the 2nd test had no impact on the result of a test match won by 3 runs?

Yes aussies have screwed up on occasions, but so have the poms and such is the closeness of this series that most "intelligent" supporters would know that umpiring decisions have played a big part.

well, to be blunt that's the waythe cookie crumbles...

"intelligent" Aussie fans have no sympathy for opposing teams and fans when they've had the benefit of such decisions in recent years (pretty much all the time).

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
dice said:

Umpiring decisions have been terrible and most have gone against Australia...but there was doubt to both Flintoff and Jones in real time, the Katich one was a shocker and should never have been given. Umpiring is a difficult job and right now England is getting the rub of the green which is enormously frustrating...but Australia has gotten much good fortune from the umpires in recent times - especially but not only at home - a point made by me previously and dismissed by the people who would like to believe this sides unquestioning greatness but yet having a whine over the umpiring this series. It seems as if the better a side is playing the more things go their way. What isn't in doubt though is who is playing the better cricket. Whether you ask Greg Matthews or Steve Waugh among other prominent ex Australians, they all say the same that England is outplaying and outhinking Australia and deserve their lead.

Tommy Smith

Referee
El Diablo said:
And Katich gets fined because Dar is a f**ktard

laughable and I'd refuse to pay it.

El Diablo said:
Maybe you could give Bucknor and Dar some tips then.
My, my the tables have turned ElD. There was a time when Umpire Dar was your best friend...you know...when he was giving favourable decisions to Australia.

See this thread on page 19 regarding the Aus vs NZ Test at Brisbane last year: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=92894&page=19&pp=15

------------------------

Bobby Digital: Oram had Langer.....what a rip off.

ThrasViking: Langer knicked one clean to McCullum off Oram, umpire looks around as if he has a carrot up his arse.

... ... ... ...

El Diablo: No he wasn't. The seam didn't alter after it went past the bat. Aleem Dar :clap:

Bobby Digital: If one of the most biased Aussies of all time in Bill Lawry can admit it was out....surely you guys can too.

El Diablo: Aleem Dar :clap:

---------------------------

So ElD, why the change of heart regarding Mr Dar?:lol:

Cant be bothered to go through the rest of the thread but im sure its equally amusing.

dice

Juniors
Pensacola Q.C said:
What isn't in doubt though is who is playing the better cricket. Whether you ask Greg Matthews or Steve Waugh among other prominent ex Australians, they all say the same that England is outplaying and outhinking Australia and deserve their lead.

Oh, yes that's right. The commentators keep on telling everyone how England have dominated close to 100% of the series. Yet somehow it has taken several dubious decisions for them to win two tests by the closest of margins.

If anyone bothered to look at the stats, England have won only won 3 innings in which they batted first against an undermanned pace attack. Australia have outscored England in all other innings despite having the worst of the conditions and all the pressure....and don't forget the dodgy decisions.

A more telling stat is the very low scores England have put on when put under pressure. Let's see what happens if the boot is on the other foot with McGrath playing, Simon Jones injured, and Aussies batting first.