What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under mary as coach.

BLM01

First Grade
Morris left on account of Mark Gasnier.
Cook left at the end of 2013 when Price was in charge.

I'm all for adding to the sack Mary agenda but a yet another thread was not needed.
Morris left well after Gasnier who left in 2011 / 2012.

TruSaint

Referee
Morris left on account of Mark Gasnier.
Cook left at the end of 2013 when Price was in charge.

I'm all for adding to the sack Mary agenda but a yet another thread was not needed.

Yes.

Some good light hearted posts here, but the good ol Sack Mary thread would be fitting.

merahputih

Juniors
He must be thinking of Josh “the lesser” Morris
Bennett obviously considered Josh "The Lesser" and didn't rate him enough to retain as a center or winger, which was a shame as we have never had a really decent center pairing since. In the end Josh vindicated himself with Canterbury and Cronulla and played Origin and for Australia. Not one of the Great Man's best judgments perhaps. I believe from friends closer to the club than me that Bennett's main problems with both brothers was their casual attitude to everything, rather than any lack of ability.

BLM01

First Grade
Bennett obviously considered Josh "The Lesser" and didn't rate him enough to retain as a center or winger, which was a shame as we have never had a really decent center pairing since. In the end Josh vindicated himself with Canterbury and Cronulla and played Origin and for Australia. Not one of the Great Man's best judgments perhaps. I believe from friends closer to the club than me that Bennett's main problems with both brothers was their casual attitude to everything, rather than any lack of ability.
I disagree in part. We had Cooper, Flo, Bmoz and did well the lesser in 2009 till Gasnier arrived.2010 / departed 2011. Then it was down hill.
My only minor beef with the lesser at The Dogs was he was a bit of a ball hog when in the attacking zone (bit like our Euie) did not like passing or letting his winger have a go and score and preferred the dummy or show and go and barge. But would of had him back at the Dragons in a heartbeat inside his brother from 2012 but we had no decent coach to offer that and then the lesser had Hasler from 2012...say no more

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No the lesser left in 2008..with Mary in sympathy..Bennett did not want either
I think you’re missing the point.

Josh left because he had Gasnier & Cooper in front of him in the pecking order.

No chance of cracking that starting lineup.

BLM01

First Grade
I think you’re missing the point.

Josh left because he had Gasnier & Cooper in front of him in the pecking order.

No chance of cracking that starting lineup.

No I am not..I understand what you have said.
The original point of this whole thread was people leaving under Mary
And I just went back on track and tied those 2 together myself after you likely correctly implied after the focal point shifted to now being on the lesser leavbing because of Gasnier. not the greater....which is true

But I firmly believe the lesser would have stayed on the wing for 2009 if Bennett wanted him onboard

BLM01

First Grade
Anyway back on track...lets focus on who we have gained or retained under Mary ;):rolleyes:..than look at the glass half empty

This Year?

Immortal
10/10 This thread made me smile. Almost as good as the NAPLAN and any dragons game day thread in the game day spoilers section.

Love ya work guys :)

Below is a bowling bowl which is a hybrid of one of my favourite dragons related posters with the polish of someone we all know with a bald head making a surprise face

51YWml35zlL._AC_SX425_.jpg

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No I am not..I understand what you have said.
The original point of this whole thread was people leaving under Mary
And I just went back on track and tied those 2 together myself after you likely correctly implied after the focal point shifted to now being on the lesser leavbing because of Gasnier. not the greater....which is true

But I firmly believe the lesser would have stayed on the wing for 2009 if Bennett wanted him onboard
It’s a little early to be that drunk, don’t you think?

Warabrook saint

Juniors
10/10 This thread made me smile. Almost as good as the NAPLAN and any dragons game day thread in the game day spoilers section.

Love ya work guys :)

Below is a bowling bowl which is a hybrid of one of my favourite dragons related posters with the polish of someone we all know with a bald head making a surprise face

51YWml35zlL._AC_SX425_.jpg
Was that taken in Brisbane half way through September 2018?

Crush

Coach
Marketo was under Mary
Mc Crone was under Mary
Aitken is under Mary
Good old Josh McCrone hey! At least he performed to his ability, just a shame he was only ever a reserve grader. He should never have played that many 1st grade games.
Ben Hunt on the other hand has loads of ability, hes just your classic rocks or diamonds player. More rocks of late.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Personally no... if that what suits you
But since this is your story.. I assume you feel the guilt and know all the answers to that question
Enjoy your binge Muz...I'll go back to my tea.
You’re making even less sense now.. Lay off the booze, you’re starting to slur your typing as well..

Tell me which one of Cooper or Gasnier Bennett would have flicked to give Morris a centre position?

To make it easy for you, I’m happy to have just a “C” or “G” as a response.

BLM01

First Grade
You’re making even less sense now.. Lay off the booze, you’re starting to slur your typing as well..

Tell me which one of Cooper or Gasnier Bennett would have flicked to give Morris a centre position?

"C" is suitable....or
"G"...he left in 2008
I will let you choose.
It’s making less sense to you… Well we know why that is.
So tell me..when does the word "wing" mean centre which, if your read carefully with a clear mind was where I was talking about the lesser playing along with his brother only if Bennett wanted him and convinced him to stay before signing with the Dogs

Yes he preferred centre but lo and behold things happen....and "G" left soon after he signed with the Dogs so he likely would of played in his beloved centre position with us anyway and eventually may of been part of a premiership winning side and culture

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
"C" is suitable....or
"G"...he left in 2008
I will let you choose.
It’s making less sense to you… Well we know why that is.
So tell me..when does the word "wing" mean centre which, if your read carefully with a clear mind was where I was talking about the lesser playing along with his brother if Bennett wanted him and convinced him to stay before signing with the Dogs
Yes he preferred centre but lo and behold things happen....and "G" left soon after he signed with the Dogs so he likely would of played in his beloved centre position with us anyway and eventually may of been part of a premiership winning side and culture
So you’re saying we should have kept Morris & punted Cooper?

Even Mary wouldn’t be that stupid.

Morris is a good centre but he isn’t even fit to tie Cooper’s shoes.

Morris left because he wanted to play centre - I can make it easier for you:

Morris: “I want a chocolate ice-cream”

Dragons: “We only have strawberry ice-cream”

Bulldogs: “We can give you chocolate ice-cream”

New Ice-Cream vendor Bennett: “I have ice cream for you”

Morris: “Chocolate?”

Bennett: “Nope, just strawberry”

Morris: “Hi Canterbury, can I please have that chocolate ice cream”

Latest posts