What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undertaker taking time off, returning with this old gimick

Meth

Staff member
Undertaker should have never left his deadman gimmick....the American bad Ass gimmick sucks. He can't return to the deadman gimmick now, can he? I mean, now we all know that he isn't (gulp) dead :shock:

On the whole dead man thing....Kane would be one of the most pporly handled gimmicks ever. Remember when he used to interfere in other peoples matches? The eerie red light?His first match with mankind? Where did they go wrong? (probably with the mechanical voice)

www.wrestlecrap.com
a site dedicated to the very worst in pro-wrestling

thuganomics

Coach
Scuba, the kane angle went wrong starting from when he was part of the corperation. But taking his mask of, has made him as scary as he should be. So im pretty happy that they took it off, cuz before that he was fighting guys like La Reisistance!!

Meth

Staff member
Kane's gimmick was initially genius....the storyline up until, and for a little after, his long anticipated match v the Undertaker was genius. When he hit the scene, every wrestling fan was on the edge of his/her seat through the duration of any card, waiting for the lights to go out, the stadium to go a eerie red colour, the fireworks to hit and Jim Ross to feign another heart attack. Now thats entertainment

His match (at the Survivor Series, I think) v Mankind was one of my favourites. It made me excited, as I imagined the storylines the writers were dreaming up.

When they started to make him a little more human....they ruined him. Its the same way they ruined the Undertaker and Mankind. By the time he starting wrestling with the Big Show, he was just another Big Show.

Why they ever let him turn face, I don't know

Meth

Staff member
True

But if ever there was a gimmick made for heel, it was Kane

The audience usually determines the turn with a bit of coaxing from the good folk at Titan.....bot the case with Kane. You almost felt confused as to why you were supposed to like him.

Redback71

First Grade
i havent followed wrestling since the last time it was on channel 10 as i dont have pay tv.

i use watch the dvds all the time but my wife hates it, i think i just started to get a bit sick of it, manly because it got to a stage back then whem some matches would not end properly always intrders coming out to spoil the fun.

but id love to see bret and michaels go at it and if they truly hate each other would make the match that much better.

maybe thay could go at for real.

Meth

Staff member
Apparently, there were a few matches when the late Bad News Brown went 'for real' on Bret Hart, whom he despised

Bret hart was petrified of him

Azkatro

First Grade
CAN'T WAIT to see the return of the deadman... every time they hit his bells during recent teasers for WMXX I get all giddy :p

Matt23

Staff member
"In 34 days, the dead will rise again"....34 days till....Wrestlemania :shock:

Matt23

Staff member
Yeah i cant wait...wonder how Heyman will handle another defection.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Well losing Benoit and Undertaker must hurt.
Undertaker should never of left Raw anyway.

In The early weeks of the brand spilt...'Taker looked an Awesome heel.

thuganomics

Coach
yea but kane doesn't scare me anymore, i like it when he had the piano playing at the start of his music, and when he set stuff on fire etc.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i liked kane when he was...........
nope sorry never like kane, always thought of him and his gimmick as just a taker rip off, but its worked a treat