What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unforseen Relations to Ancestor Players

Bomber

Bench
Matt and Brenton Bowen - cousins (not brothers, as some Fox commentators have said)

greenhat

Juniors
Ricky Stuart's my second cousin. Luckily I got my looks from the other side of the family.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
As the story goes, every Newcastle born and bred player is related to each other.....

Don't shoot the messenger.....Just what I heard.....

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Benny Roberts from Bulldogs and Soccer player Tim Cahill are 1st cousins, if both Roberts parents are kiwi born Samoans then Cahill must be part Samoan?

kooriguy

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
How's he going over at Penrith? Also is it Beal or Beale?

its beale thanks for the correction :oops: and i hear good things about him.. william also played well in the under age indigenous team that toweled up the young maori side in the test curtain raiser.

kooriguy

Juniors
doogiehowser_md said:
Benny Roberts from Bulldogs and Soccer player Tim Cahill are 1st cousins, if both Roberts parents are kiwi born Samoans then Cahill must be part Samoan?
yes true.. in another cross code one, yileen gordon and his brother willie gordon ex union player.. also the ella brothers and their league cousin the zip zip man steve ella, and the nephew cant remember his name that was leading tryscorer in jim beam cup a couple years back.

Mal Meninga

Bench
kooriguy said:
its beale thanks for the correction :oops: and i hear good things about him.. william also played well in the under age indigenous team that toweled up the young maori side in the test curtain raiser.
Good to hear. I heard he left Joeys because he hated boarding but he had big wraps... Reckon he has a future as a league boy?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thierry Henry said:
Not that I know of.

I had thought the Perenara's were Maori though, just checked and realised they had played (or at least been selected for) Samoa, so I guess that makes it a vague possibility. They might be in some way related to SBW's Samoan Dad, John Williams.

I'm only related to him through his Aussie born white Grandma and my Aussie born white Grandma, his NZ born white Mum and my NZ born white Dad. Don't really know about his Dad's side.

yeah, the Pera's are definitely Samoan and Marcus told me last year..

Stagger eel

Staff member
kooriguy said:
yes true.. in another cross code one, yileen gordon and his brother willie gordon ex union player.. also the ella brothers and their league cousin the zip zip man steve ella, and the nephew cant remember his name that was leading tryscorer in jim beam cup a couple years back.

Scotty Ella

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
eelavation said:
yeah, the Pera's are definitely Samoan and Marcus told me last year..

hmmm...I'd like to know how...I guess that'd make me a fourth cousin in law of the Perenaras or something :lol:

Nuke

Staff member
_Johnsy said:
My grandmother had our family tree done about 10 years ago and we had a heap of relatives in the newwie/kurri kurri area. Matt and Andrew are distant cousins (2nd-3rd).
You and I are somehow related then Johnsy! Andrew & Matthew Johns are my second cousins too!

My grandmother did our family history 14 or 15 years ago when the Johns brothers were playing lower grade at the Knights. I've closely watched and followed their footy careers from the very beginning right through to the very end (and beyond in Matty's case). I have Joey's first full first grade game (vs. Souths in round 1, 1994), both their test debuts, Joey's first game for Warrington all on tape. I can't say their footy talent has flowed through the blood in my direction though I'm afraid ... I'm a winger in reserve grade in the WA competition!

stuke

Bench
doogiehowser_md said:

Tim Cahill's mother is Samoan.

He played a junior represenative game for Samoa (think it was as a 15 year old) hence he was ruled ineligible to play for Australia until a couple of years ago.

Latest posts