What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unforseen Relations to Ancestor Players

are you related to a football player in the NRL of lower grades, or do you know of anyone unobvious that is related ???

I Know a couple

Rod Silva(Bulldogs) Uncle of Anthony(Ex-Dragons) and Beau Mundine(Canberra)
Ricky Walford (Dragons) Uncle of Nathan Merritt (Rabbitohs)
Preston Campbell (Titans) Cousin of Owen Craigie (Ex-Rabbits) and possibly Amos Roberts (Roosters) (ive heard rumours about roberts being related to campbell but not 100% sure.)
Steve Price (Warriors) Brother in Law of Brent Tate (Broncos)
Wayne Bennett (Broncos Coach) Father in Law of Ben Ikin (Panelist, ex Bears Player)

the last two are pretty open, but i dont know if anyone knew of first three.

I am related somewhere in the family tree to Damon Alley-Tovio (Raiders), my aunty researched it recently. not 100% sure.

a mate of mine is distant related to Charlie Tonga (Roosters).

Campbell, Blacklock and Craigie are all interrelated to the likes of Inglis and Roberts. They're all from the Munro clan I believe. Cousins and half cousins etc.

East Coast Tiger said:
Campbell, Blacklock and Craigie are all interrelated to the likes of Inglis and Roberts. They're all from the Munro clan I believe. Cousins and half cousins etc.

Thanks for the info, never would of guessed all of them were related.

Charlie124

First Grade
I am in some way related to Billy Slater. His uncle/aunty is related through marriage to someone on my grandmothers side of the family

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
SBW is my second cousin. His Grandma and my Grandma are sisters, his Mum and my Dad are first cousins

girvie

Staff member
Apparently Isaac Gordon (North Sydney Premier League fullback) is cousins with David Peachey.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thierry Henry said:
SBW is my second cousin. His Grandma and my Grandma are sisters, his Mum and my Dad are first cousins

you might be able to verify this then..the Peranara's are a cousin of SBW.

kooriguy

Juniors
kurtley beal (tahs) william beal (penrith, junior rep) dean widders (souths) are all cousins of mine on my mums side, some 2nd some more distant, while tahu (parra) is married to my cuzin. also forgot peachey (souths) is my dads cousin, and greg inglis (storm) is my uncles wifes nephew.

I'm related to this bloke. The great Ginger Tompkins.

sports.jpg

My old man played bush footy and got smashed by Pop Clay once.

That's as close as I get.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
eelavation said:
you might be able to verify this then..the Peranara's are a cousin of SBW.

Not that I know of.

I had thought the Perenara's were Maori though, just checked and realised they had played (or at least been selected for) Samoa, so I guess that makes it a vague possibility. They might be in some way related to SBW's Samoan Dad, John Williams.

I'm only related to him through his Aussie born white Grandma and my Aussie born white Grandma, his NZ born white Mum and my NZ born white Dad. Don't really know about his Dad's side.

_Johnsy

Referee
My grandmother had our family tree done about 10 years ago and we had a heap of relatives in the newwie/kurri kurri area. Matt and Andrew are distant cousins (2nd-3rd).

Latest posts