What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Union players you'd like to see at your club

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
With all the talk of SBW and Quade Cooper and rumours of the salary cap rising after the next TV rights deal, maybe a little revenge is on the cards. They took Rogers, Barnes, Tuqiri, Sailor, Cross, Vuna etc. Who would you take?

Engine

Juniors
SBW overall. Out of guys who have never played nrl, Digby Ioane or Quade Cooper. Digby would be a hit....unsure about Quade.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I’d like to see SBW back for someone like Parra just for the drama it’d cause when they play the Dogs.

Quade/ another Reds player if the Bris2 bid is accepted.
Do the Brumbies/Force have anyone decent that the Raiders/Reds might want?

Would the Warriors poaching a Unionite cause any problems in NZ, might lose the goodwill they’ve built up.

Knownothing

Juniors
I wonder how much an All Blacks jersey is worth a year? If SBW was only interested in money, he would still be in France.

Bazal

Post Whore
Back in the day, Brian O'Driscoll would have been magic. Bit old now though.

fizman

Bench
I would take any back that plays for any NZ Super Rugby team. I believe their skills are superior to the Rugby League backs.

Some of the backline ball movement is outstanding.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'd take Schalk berger as a prop. He'd be devastating. 6'4" and 114kilo of pure aerobic fitness. A great tackling and advantage line bending machine.

Also, maybe Bakkies Botha as a prop. Talk about "built for origin..."

Defintely:

McCaw as a second-rower/prop.

Rupeni as a wing.

Dan Carter as a halfback.

Maybe also consider Kurtley Beale.

SBW as a second rower.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's big and fast, but struggles to adapt, often doesn't seem to give it his all, and even at times has looked intimidated

That's true. I mean, i got this off Wikipedia.

Spies power cleans 135kg. He dead lifts 240kg. He bench presses 165kg. Only mildly impressed? Wait, here are some more. He is able to do pull-ups with a 50kg weight between his legs. He can launch his 108kg body 1.4m onto a raised platform, sprints for 835m before slowing on a repeated sprint-ability test and has a body-fat percentage of 6.5. - Ryan Vrede, Keo.co.za.

He looks like Coke machine with legs, yet he would be perfect for rugby league since he's big and fast. Although, i guess it comes down to skills and how to play the game in the end.

JP Du Plessis :roll:

I'm not up to speed with Onion these days but in their prime I'd love to have seen Jonah Lomu or Victor Matfield at the Roosters. We definitely need decent outside backs at the Roosters, Is Joe Rokocoko as good as he used to be? He'd be better than Phil Graham.

Also, another player i would of wanted to see play in the NRL was Ma'a Nonu. Very similar to Tana Umaga, he would of carved it up if he switched codes.

Latest posts