What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

update about sequel

RedV

Juniors
Mario said:
umosay said:
hmmm thats odd, world championship rugby has 1 license for england, but all teams have likeness

It depends on each organising body and the contracts they have with their players. The NRL license allowed for accurate player likenesses for example, because the NRL has rights over the players likeness, whereas the SuperLeague does not.

Understand that, but can we not at least get skin colours right? A vague likeness requires no license, see Pro Evolution Soccer.

Also, don't know if this has been asked before but on the create club screen, the custom logos have things like "St Helens Crushers" for example, does this mean that there were early plans to include teams loosely based around the SL clubs if no license could be obtained? For example Peul Scoolthorpe could appear in the Crushers side and the kit would be plain white with a red V, with no sponsorships, logos etc...

Also just to clarify, should there be a sequel, what are the chances of all Super League stadiums being included, and, I suppose it's unlikely but would Old Trafford be on it?

Thanks for your time.

broncos4eva

Juniors
Well, HES and SIDHE have the license from the ESL to have included ALL the English Stadiums in this version, however, time constraints would not allow for this and herfore they included only five. If a sequel was to be produced then all ESL stadiusm would be included from what i have been told. Not sure bout the Trafford question though.

Moggles

Juniors
Another thing to change, is to make sure the player cannot run through stuff.. eg. other players, referee, goal posts etc..

Moggles

Juniors
Another thing to change, is to make sure the player cannot run through stuff.. eg. other players, referee, goal posts etc..

NPK

Bench
ea, I agree - there is a thread about it here somewhere. Some people don't seem to think it is a problem but it does affect gameplay and does look very silly at times.

Freak

Juniors
Lyon said:
If there going to make a 2nd one...I feel there should be some type of Management Mode.

I agree with Lyon!

I won't buy another League gameplay game unless it has Management options!! A absolute must

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
An actual franchise mode..i know its hard but playing 1 season isnt enough nowadays..

or how about game sliders..in madden this is great and not really used unless u know what ur doing.. being able to move def awrness up or down..moving pass acc up or down..and etc..would fix alot of current bugs and future bugs easy..for example in madden 2003 online leagues ppl used to bomb all the time..a counter to this was increasing def awerness and defense interceptions..i think if incopperated in rugby league and actually used correctly it could really make a difference.

progressoin..i dont care if its only who is hot and who is cold but at least some sort of rating to show u who has really started to become a 'playmaker' like in the NHL games u could turn a sub into a starter if he is on a hot streak and actually notice huge improvements..

Online play..i started to play against friends and found it to be real fun..but to be honest thats really the only time..online play may take a while to set up but it should prove to be a great addition..

real plays that u can design and run in certain situations..as long as there isnt any stoppings in game then it would run fine..something where u push "select & R1 or R2, L1 and L2) and could set up a play from that position...

broncos4eva

Juniors
OK, well from what i have been told etc both a Franchise Mode and Online Play are pretty much i nthe bag for the next installment of Rugby League eitheer this year or next year (if one was to be made of coarse!! heheeh) so you have nothign to worry about on these elements guys.